Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Disallowed Access

Discussion on Disallowed Access within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Disallowed Access

Ok, I had to reinstall my EO Private Server, and got it all working, all the IPs set properly, to the WIP (67.10.***.**). This is set in the client, Shell.dat, and all the configs I could find lol.

I have the server running, and can connect to the game on the server computer THROUGH the internet (the 67.10... WIP address), but when I copied the oem.dat and oem.ini to my laptop to play, it will try to connect, then say to try again later.

It's the same client oem files, so what could be blocking it?
The server machine is behind a DMZ for now, to do development, and also has its web site up. The web site can be accessed through both my computers through the WIP as well, and shows the server data, which is why I'm at a loss for WHY I can't connect on any other computer...

I'm among my last stages for having this fully functional and public, and would appreciate and remedies, especially swift ones!

Thanks alot for your time in reading this, and more so for the time and effort for any proper responses
Old 05/12/2011, 22:18   #2

OK, I'm not trying to sound like I'm trying to be rude or rush kindness or anything, but I was going to show the server to friends in a group, which ends less than 3 hours...

Any chance anyone can point me in the right direction?

I have already searched the forums, and all I find for the "try again later" thing that pops up when it's checking the account info, has to do with the shell data.

But I do not think it would be that, because it DOES work when connecting through the internet to itself... am I correct?

I know there are Server DB settings that make it so the database can only be accessed from localhost(127.0.0.1), I was wondering if there may be something else I have to insure is set correctly?

Thanks again in advance.
Old 05/13/2011, 07:41   #3

Out of the dozens of views, nobody is able to help me?
I have checked my allowed programs in my firewall and antivirus on both machines, and the firewalls are disabled, with an exception made for all server and/or client files...

Like I said, I can connect to the server on the server machine THOUGH the WIP address, logging in without any problems. With the same OEM.dat, I can't connect from here.

So what could be wrong to prevent this computer from accessing it?
I'm pretty much begging for help here, I've spent over 6 hours trying to figure this out, redoing the server a couple times, and am missing something...

A cookie to whoever helps me fix this

Edit: Could I get someone here to download the OEMs from the site, and try to connect to my server?
Site is Alternategaming.net...
Old 05/13/2011, 12:56   #4

elite*gold: 433
Hint hint tip tip your triple posting and that could be easliy reported.
Old 05/13/2011, 16:13   #5

I'm sorry, I didn't think it was double posting if the posts were hours apart from each other.

Edit: It's Ironic, BUT I would like to think the person who hacked into my server and figured it out for me.

I am not mad about it at all... though about it, but decided it was less stress for me if I wasn't, lol!
I left the computer unfirewalled and DMZ'd to be able to set test the server settings, so it's really on me :P

But I WOULD like to know, what was I doing wrong with the configs?
If you're reading this, could you please send me a message to me somehow, to let me know what was wrong?

Thanks alot if you would!
Old 05/14/2011, 23:25   #6

elite*gold: 20
look at your router, it may not do loopback connections