Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 01:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Copyrights questions .

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,047
Copyrights questions .

i was asking if any p-server can get a copyright .

but getting a copyright for an already stolen Client .. doesnt make sense huh.

and copyrights differ since

and how can i get sure that the one who is contacting me is from TQ . since i had lots of ppl wsping me on my Forum claiming to be TQ .

Regards

Old 04/28/2011, 19:00   #2

From my understanding on law about patent and trademark. EO and Moyu has been TQDigital registered patent and trademark. Which makes clearly, any developer MMORPG that want to create that "looks a like" games is not allowed unless with the consent of the registered owner.

So, do owners Pserver get consent from TQDigital before opening a PServer? No!!!... If you guys did, for sure TQ will not allow it. What we did its like some kind of piracy. Stealing the client and the database (need to credit to all database re leaser too ). I know some of owners are expert database, like Souler, Ice Queen, Thunder, zspider and more, creating event or casual that are not in EO. But did you guys think that putting that in yours modified EO client is a risk?

This community has grown, and much people in here are can be categorized as a expert in DB. Some are creators and some are leeches. It just you guys should know the "risk and the reward" will you will face when creating a Pserver.

Sword,
I think you can recognize that guy from his email. I think it ends like "@eudemonsonline.com", depends on games. If not, somebody is trying to rip you off. :P

Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/28/2011, 23:46   #3

elite*gold: 40
let me provide a good and nice reply on it

you are right about what you say
but you are wrong to

TQ released his databases and message servers and other emulators for TESTING purpose ( also called alpha or beta releases)
and that makes it go back to the legal part
they can not complain or sue you if you use a beta program for what it is made for and specaily not if it is public released by there own

then a note about emulators , emulators are mostly made by reverse engeneering and there is no law that says that emulators are illigal (not yet atleast)

and to answer your last question
TQ = NetDragon
so emails will come from NetDragon (or a serperaded email adress like vbullet does) or it will complain a VALID DMCA complain ( ) and you will realy notice it if it from TQ
as the first rule of a DMCA complain or ANY KIND of abuse complain is that they need to say who they are and under what name they are working

in this case you will alwasy see TQ and Netdragon in the same email (also the game names they are complaining about and a few other things related to them )

so to answer your final question

you will not be able to get a sinlge copyright on a emulator
as that copyright and emulator just does not fit with each other
but you can get a copyright on your OWN work or if you can claim it as your own work (as no1 else claimed it)

but i wish you good luck with that part

Greets From PowerChaos
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/29/2011, 21:38   #4

Received Thanks: 1,047
ya ur right , the msg i had was from

« Help no moster at map | Help Make all Eudemons Thunder »