Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] More Details About NPC

Discussion on [Guide] More Details About NPC within the EO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the EO PServer Hosting category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,054
[Guide] More Details About NPC

First Of all as we all know the rule of any server is --

-Account server
-MSG Server [depends on Acc server]
-NPC [Depends on MSG server]
----------------------------------------------------------
Uses Of NPC

-Well NPC is the most file in server hosting taking the lion's share of rams and internet speed

-its job is to spawn monsters / guards / Some Events !!!!
and the thing u dont know is some maps wont work without NPC

-some ppl specialy egyptians for low internet speed and low rams .
close the NPC Server and make the spawn of monsters a time as an event,,

but is that correct
-------------------

After lots of tests i have figured out a way that could help maintaining ur server

here's an NPC file :-

u got a way for limiting the hunting for eps per day .. which is

1- run the server with NPC
2- wait 5.35 min [ no more / no less]
3- close the NPC
4- Generator will be read and everything will be spawn without the NPC file [ not all NPC files work this way ]

what will happen next :-

go and try to kill a guard after the NPC is shutted down by 30 sec.s
and go again and try to kill him after 1 - 100000 min's

1st time he will respawn means [ die and come back]
2nd time he will not come back means that u can limit the monsters too in maps so if someone hunts in a place for about 30m. the monsters will run out and then he cant hunt anymore

thats how u can fix the whole NPC problem

-----------------------------------------------------------

As i said earlier the 2 major Items are MsgServer and Account server
the Minor is the NPC file

-------------------------------------------

Some maps added by 3-d max need NPC to work i got the way but cant explain in here , sorry.

anyways

i got lots of questions about people doesnt know how to enter their client 32 / 64 bit // in windows 7

Difference of Win.7 32-bit and 64-bit

If you’ve gone PC shopping lately, you've probably noticed more computers with 64-bit processors, and you may have wondered what advantages they offer.
Put simply, a 64-bit PC can handle larger amounts of information than a 32-bit system. Since it can use more RAM—4 GB and up—a 64-bit computer can be more responsive when you're running lots of programs at once.
If you tend to have a lot of programs open simultaneously or need to switch frequently between programs—or if you just want to be sure your PC can take advantage of the larger amounts of memory available today—64-bit is a great choice. If you run only one or two programs at a time or have older hardware and software that isn't supported by a 64-bit PC, a 32-bit system is a good choice.
Whether you choose the 32-bit or the 64-bit system, Windows 7 is ready. To see if your PC is a 32-bit or 64-bit system, download and run the .
You can also visit the to see whether your programs or devices are compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

--------------------------------------------
some PC's are not prefered to be 64-bit
its upon the performance of the P.C too

there was a bug before that was fixed few weeks ago that the PC shut down every 4 hours and cant be edited from ur P.C

---------------------------------------------------------------------

then most of the questions are answered if i wanna add anything new ill edit it

-----------------------------
*NOTE*some of the memmbers want to open a server but their Computer qualifications doesnot make them able to work and improve their selves all we need is more and more designers amd i hope that this guide helped even if it helped a little bit thats fine

Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/05/2010, 20:13   #2

This is in no way a guide. A guide is meant to help people understand things. All you do here is blabber on about tests you have done, you don't go into detail of what the npc server nor the npc.ini files actually do related to the server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/05/2010, 20:17   #3

Received Thanks: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurion View Post
This is in no way a guide. A guide is meant to help people understand things. All you do here is blabber on about tests you have done, you don't go into detail of what the npc server nor the npc.ini files actually do related to the server.
ya ur right i noticed that after i posted the thread actually

sorry
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread