Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE]Dynamic Ip

Discussion on [GUIDE]Dynamic Ip within the EO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the EO PServer Hosting category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE]How To Hold Changing IP Proplem For Dynamic Users

Most of ppl thats have Dynamic ip and they cant get it static for many of reasons this guide will help you to run ur server without the effected with the changing of ip in sure it will not be as static but will be good for Dynamic users
1st you have to download the following :

2nd step :

1-Download this tools above dont forget to see the threads for how to run them (exept the dynamic update tool its easy to run ! )

2-Go to Creat account (after you create ur account it will requerd to add ahost for ur ip see the attachments )

3-Add ur host for examble (TestEO.serveblog.com) or w/e you have alot of choises

4-Run The DynDns tool as you see in the Hio's thread !

(As you see in the Hio's thread you have to put the host thats u creat in the NO-IP in the play.ini to handle to changing of the ip )

5-Run The Autopatch just like you see in the forcer's thread

(The port that u will put it in the autopatch must be same like the one in the Play.ini so it will update the ip in the players cilent so u dont need to release patches every day or w/e ! )

6-Run the No-IP Windows Dynamic Update Client v3.0.4 after you open it , it will request ur account and password thats u creat in the after you put ur acc and pass it will show you ur hosts thats you creat there check it and leave it runing ! if you dont see ur hosts right click and press refresh ! )

You are done all what you have to do just to run the tools with ur server so you can be safe without changing ip proplem or releasing patches even down time each time when ur ip changed

Also about site side you can hold the change in ip by using the NO-IP tool as u dont need to change the ip each time in ur config.php you can use ur NO-IP host so if you use the no-ip tool make like this method
Code:
<?php 

// generated june 24, 2010 19:25:31 

// mysql server details 

define('host', 'localhost'); // Your database host

define('user', '(Your database username)'); // Your database username

define('pass', '(Your database password)'); // Your database password

define('mydbdata', 'my'); // Your database name my

define('mydbacc', 'account'); // Your database name account

define('serveraddress', '192.168.1.1 (Use ur real ip!!!'); // Your Server address

define('serverport', '5816'); // Your serverport

define('mydb', 'my'); // Your my database

define('servername', 'TEST'); // Your Server Name

define('imgdir', 'http://test.serveblog.com (Ur NO-IP HOST HERE!!'); // Your Image dir

// conect to database 

@mysql_connect(host, user, pass) or die('<h1>Unable to connect to database server.</h1>');

@mysql_select_db(mydbdata) or die('<h1>Unable to connect to database server.</h1>');

?>
I hope it help you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (175.7 KB, 136 views)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/29/2010, 18:55   #2

could u give some exactly and clear lol too complicated for newbies
Old 06/30/2010, 15:08   #3

Updated !
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/30/2010, 15:16   #4

nice,easy and not complicated for people to read BUMP#
Old 09/09/2010, 19:54   #5

elite*gold: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.h.u.n.d.e.r View Post
Most of ppl thats have Dynamic ip and they cant get it static for many of reasons
Code:
                  define('serveraddress', '192.168.1.1 (Use ur real ip!!!'); // Your Server address
I hope it help you
nice guide , i quoted a small part of your text to point to a small mistake

how is a dynamic ip user able to point to his real ip ??

if he was able to do that then he woulnd have a dynamic ip anymore ^^

and then was this guide not needed

anyway , nice guide you released to use the tools for no-ip , can come in handy for some users

Greetings From PowerChaos
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/09/2010, 21:55   #6

I Just Use My Dynamic There And Its Works With Me xD , Any Way Thank You =D
Old 09/10/2010, 08:28   #7

yes corect hope this guides will be usefull for beginners to start with it
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/24/2010, 16:56   #8

elite*gold: 20
Why just do NOT restart your router?
Old 09/24/2010, 20:49   #9

elite*gold: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpotsvr View Post
Why just do NOT restart your router?
It can happen due to brown outs and blackouts. Also, some can be changed without restarting the router. Sometimes it's out of your control, like if you have paid hosting, but don't want to pay for a static IP. Better safe then sorry they say.