Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron
You last visited: Today at 09:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lack of Understanding

Discussion on Lack of Understanding within the Dekaron forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lack of Understanding

Over time it has been clearly stated that the goal in this section is to get rid of "leechers" which is seen by the removal of all 1-click hacks. Now, for someone who is new to the whole hacking scheme, what can you do? There are tutorials that help newbies get started up which will allow players to create things by themselves.

My concern about this is where do you start when you have no programming experience? Using a tutorial is the question that I imagine, but I have felt that tutorials are too limited. They teach you how to do one thing, but you'd need another tutorial to do another.

If we agree that the progress gained by tutorials is limited, then how far can we go? If I, a newb, wandered the forums until my questions have been shed light upon, then how good would I get? It feels that I'm willing to learn, but I will learn so little in comparison to what other users can do. Are these great heights reachable or an endless hope. If the mountain top is not too far off, then what does it take to get there?

It is my limited knowledge of the programming world that may sprout upon these questions, so I wish to be fed with sunlight and water to understand the situation better. I want to believe that things are possible to be done on my own, but truth eventually overcomes reality. To strengthen these beliefs, I would like to listen to users' treacherous journeys about what it was like and how long it has been since it has began from their path of being to being a total newb to becoming something worthy of praise.
Old 04/27/2011, 18:17   #2

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
Well, the tutorials are for certain things, but they are a great start, if you want to learn something (programming in this case) there are entire websites and forums dedicated to that. This is a game hacking forum, so you have to bring your own knowledge, or use the things handed to you. It seems kinda pointless to teach people something they don't need.
If you need a certain hack (I'l take wallhack as an example) then why would you learn more than you have to?
Old 04/27/2011, 19:27   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleet99 View Post
Over time it has been clearly stated that the goal in this section is to get rid of "leechers" which is seen by the removal of all 1-click hacks. Now, for someone who is new to the whole hacking scheme, what can you do? There are tutorials that help newbies get started up which will allow players to create things by themselves.

My concern about this is where do you start when you have no programming experience? Using a tutorial is the question that I imagine, but I have felt that tutorials are too limited. They teach you how to do one thing, but you'd need another tutorial to do another.

If we agree that the progress gained by tutorials is limited, then how far can we go? If I, a newb, wandered the forums until my questions have been shed light upon, then how good would I get? It feels that I'm willing to learn, but I will learn so little in comparison to what other users can do. Are these great heights reachable or an endless hope. If the mountain top is not too far off, then what does it take to get there?

It is my limited knowledge of the programming world that may sprout upon these questions, so I wish to be fed with sunlight and water to understand the situation better. I want to believe that things are possible to be done on my own, but truth eventually overcomes reality. To strengthen these beliefs, I would like to listen to users' treacherous journeys about what it was like and how long it has been since it has began from their path of being to being a total newb to becoming something worthy of praise.
I agree to a certain degree. If you don't know coding logic then you probably aren't at a level of critical thinking that can push you to the point of being "worthy of praise" by creating the next great hack, etc.

If that is the case, then like the poster above mentions, there are a lot of websites out there dedicated to the things that you need to learn to become adept enough @ the skills required.

However since this is a game hacking forum with people that already know a lot about what is required for the specific games covered, then it makes sense for a noob to ask for help here to get started as I did yesterday.

However, if you don't have a basic knowledge of coding/hacking, then it doesn't seem worth it for someone, even on this forum, to give a lot of time to teach the basics as well as the advanced skills, needed to produce a valid hack.

People are willing to help, you just have to be patient, sometimes lucky, and above all TRUSTWORTHY. When you work for weeks to create a hack and then someone releases it to the public and it gets patched, it, well, pisses you off, lol.

</rant>
Old 04/28/2011, 00:07   #4

Well it all goes back to the quote, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Even if you gave me a tutorial on how to wallhack using Cheat Engine that would be the only thing I could do. Isn't it a better idea to learn how to use Cheat Engine in general and then apply it to the endless possibilities out there?(Maybe Cheat Engine forums would be a place to start)

I'm curious as what goes through someone's mind when they decide to make a hack. Let's say in Dekaron only wallhack, teleport hack, speed, and zoomhack existed. As we all know, a vac hack is possible. Would a random person just wake up and say "How could it would be to be able to aggro an unlimited number of mobs?" Where would he go from there, as such a hack has never been researched. It seems that there is a whole lot of imagination/creativity involved or I am mistaking it for experience. Instead of hacking, maybe everyone here should become scientists.
Old 04/28/2011, 11:52   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,395
If you want to understand how programs work and general stuff about PE files, you should check out Tuts4You, probably one of the best sites for that kinda stuff.

Here on epvp you will mostly see tutorials that tell you only what to click etc without teaching you why, in general the tutorials on this site are not too good in the manner of understanding stuff.

And furthermore, no one is really interested in posting descriptive tutorials here as the largerst userbase only clicks the first download button they find in the posts .
Old 04/28/2011, 15:48   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleet99 View Post
Well it all goes back to the quote, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Even if you gave me a tutorial on how to wallhack using Cheat Engine that would be the only thing I could do. Isn't it a better idea to learn how to use Cheat Engine in general and then apply it to the endless possibilities out there?(Maybe Cheat Engine forums would be a place to start)

I'm curious as what goes through someone's mind when they decide to make a hack. Let's say in Dekaron only wallhack, teleport hack, speed, and zoomhack existed. As we all know, a vac hack is possible. Would a random person just wake up and say "How could it would be to be able to aggro an unlimited number of mobs?" Where would he go from there, as such a hack has never been researched. It seems that there is a whole lot of imagination/creativity involved or I am mistaking it for experience. Instead of hacking, maybe everyone here should become scientists.
Hehe, I get what you're saying.

Back in 1999 I purchased my first PC copy of FF7 and wanted to have unlimited Limit Breaks like I used to do on the PSONE with a gameshark. It was tedious because there weren't any good trainers out at that point so I was on my own.

I had to analyze changing memory addresses using a program like T-Search and CE for almost a week before I figured out the unique characteristics of the memory values in battle sequences. Eventually I found and froze the memory locations for Limit Breaks...

So, you're right in your assumption that it takes a certain amount of experience but in most cases that experience is learned through taking the initiative to start analyzing on your own. It helps when you get a little direction of course.
Old 04/30/2011, 19:28   #7

Thanks a lot guys. I checked out tuts4you and downloaded "lenas reverse engineering." I'm not really sure if it's going to help me when it comes to the real deal(dekaron related stuff) but I have to start from somewhere to realize what I need to learn, right?