Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

S>Website/Web services

Discussion on S>Website/Web services within the Dekaron Trading forum part of the MMORPG Trading category.

Old 09/28/2016, 13:24   #16 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 0
eh I wasnt gonna comment here but you guys seem dumb

you really think that exp-banking system is difficult to make? no, it isnt, in fact its pretty simple even in game. why do you need some website for things that can be done with existing code inside the executables? to me its a half-assed solution if you have to implement game features in a website. why force players to go there and use it? couldnt you just do it using the game itself? granted it would require a relog for the banking itself but thats about it, quick relog and boom you got an in-game item with "banked" experience. I could do it in about an hour if I'm lazy and 15 - 20 mins if someone pays me 50$ for it.

I mean I bet its not the only feature of the website, but you guys are making it a big thing, while its pretty small and insignificant.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2016, 13:34   #17 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxynear View Post
That bank exp was used before in SurViVaL Dekaron. Give levels, give exp and many more was too in Survival so the community have seen it before
i had never seen it before, sorry
Old 09/28/2016, 19:48   #18 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 22
Devil you have not played dekaron survival but talk to imissblood or another who had played and they tell you
Old 09/28/2016, 23:27   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by freez00 View Post
First off this isn't a buy and sell forum. If you want to sell something, sell it in the marketplace. Let me give you some free advice from one web programmer to another. 1. If you want to sell something, have a demo. I want to see what a $2000.00 website looks like.
I offered the ability to set up a live demo on a test server of their choosing to anyone interested in buying because I don't have dekaron server installed, and you can't very well verify things that work in the game without a server can you?

Quote:
2. You said it has tons of features and you didn't list a single one!
I listed that it had all the basic features you'd expect from any website and stated some specific ones in my post unless you mean unique features, in which case, I don't remember specifically because I made it back in May 2016 and I've done work on a lot of websites since then so it's hard to keep up.

Quote:
3. You said you could "probably" add any feature someone wants. This is 2016, if you aren't sure about adding a feature for someone you're in the wrong field.
I said probably because many people aren't familiar with web development and what is and isn't possible. So, I can rephrase if you like, I can add any web development feature that is possible.

Quote:
4. You said it is old and you wanted to sell this a long time ago. The first thing that comes to my mind is security. The second thing is how many other people have the same site? Finally, is it mobile compatible as 85% of website visitors are on a phone or tablet.
It's old as in I stopped working on it when RE-XP closed this was back in May 2016. I intended to sell it then but I forgot because I had other things to deal with. To the second question, nobody has this site as far as I'm aware of, and I intend to only sell it to one person with full rights. This is my first time advertising it or trying to sell it. To the third question, yes of course and even if it wasn't it uses a website template system so it would be easy to re-design the front end to create mobile compatibility.

Quote:
You're using PhP which is your first mistake. At least use Ruby on Rails or another standard platform. I never even heard of mvc for PhP lmao!
How is using PHP over Ruby or anything else a mistake? It's a web programming language that gets the job done, and it is probably one of the most used web programming languages on the internet. Perhaps ruby is better at certain tasks than PHP, but it doesn't make PHP obsolete, worse, unusable, or impractical, if that were the case I'm pretty sure nobody would be using PHP at all. Also, using MVC for any type of programming is just a good practice. MVC is used in every type of programming language because they're often setup for you with Development Environments which is basically what MVC frameworks do for web programming languages. They create a development environment for you to work in. If you don't have some sort of code separation from your data and you don't take it upon yourself to do something about it, it's just bad practice. However, I'm glad your lack of knowledge about PHP and MVC architecture amuses you. It amuses me too and makes me wonder how you can question PHP or compare it to another language since you don't seem to know much about it.

Quote:
My favorite part of your post was when you said you aren't at the computer that contains the website so you can't say what features the site has. What, are you a moron? If you developed it don't you know what features it has? Go sell your BS and smoke and mirrors somewhere else. Better yet, go get a job washing floors because you clearly have no clue about web development!
Thanks for your input and I assume you feel like you're watching out for the community, but my offer is not a scam. You can believe what you want and everyone else is entitled to as well, but there's no need to be so hostile. I haven't been hostile towards you or anyone else and I've courteously answered and replied to everyone's post who is similar to your line of questioning. So for future posts just leave it at the questions only if you're really so interested in protecting the community. Thank you for your advice and insight. I'm sure it's appreciated by the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDek View Post
Bottles had some features that no dekaron has ever seen.
I can vouch for his work.
seen it first hand.
for example
Bank your characters exp to the website, then sell it to another player for in game currency.
There was so so many more features. Was actually pretty epic.
Thank you for the support. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswho-.- View Post
eh I wasnt gonna comment here but you guys seem dumb

you really think that exp-banking system is difficult to make? no, it isnt, in fact its pretty simple even in game. why do you need some website for things that can be done with existing code inside the executables? to me its a half-assed solution if you have to implement game features in a website. why force players to go there and use it? couldnt you just do it using the game itself? granted it would require a relog for the banking itself but thats about it, quick relog and boom you got an in-game item with "banked" experience. I could do it in about an hour if I'm lazy and 15 - 20 mins if someone pays me 50$ for it.

I mean I bet its not the only feature of the website, but you guys are making it a big thing, while its pretty small and insignificant.
Thanks for your input. I agree, it's not something hard to implement and I never said it was. It was just one feature that came off the top of my head since it was the first system I developed back in 2012 that I thought was unique and different and was most proud of. I ran it as a test on another Dekaron server and it worked out well so I put it in this one. I only did it on the website because it was my job, and the person that was working on the binary files was busy doing other things with the Dekaron files and didn't have time so this was a temporary solution. However, I still think it's an acceptable solution since modifying a program's binary files via reverse engineering can cause a lot of unplanned issues and can take a lot of time debugging just like any kind of regular programming, and in my opinion, debugging a system that you actually have the source code to is a lot easier than debugging something you don't.

EDIT: Also, if a mod sees this post and thinks its needs to be moved to dekaron trading, please move it for me.
Old 09/29/2016, 02:23   #20 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Ah yes Re_XP the server that went up for less than a month and was taken down. Yes, PhP is widely used. But it's far from the best web platform out there. It has security holes you can drive a truck through, it isn't load-balance capable and runs horrible on a Windows box. It's widely used because it costs nothing. PhP is a scripting engine which goes as follows:
1. page request
2. web server parse
3. cgi parse
4. php engine parse
5. O/S kernel parse
6. Talk to CPU
7. Then follow the line back up

So many ways to break PhP it's not funny. Nonetheless you want to sell and old PhP website with unknown features for $2000.00. There are links in Janvier's thread that gives you a fully-featured PhP site for Dekaron for free. There's also other threads on here that offer free site templates.

As for a demo, you don't need a dekaron server running just the database. It's not hard to set up MSSQL express and the database for the website to talk to. If you in fact do need a live Dekaron server for the site to work then brings many security issues. 1. The site has to be on the same box as the Dekaron server. 2. If the server is down so is the website.

If you look at most of the p-servers, they don't even have a website; just a forum. Most players are lazy and don't want a back-end system to figure out and work on. Hell we have a hard enough time getting them to read patch notes and server update threads on the forum! If there was in fact a need for an extensible back-end system for players I would of custom developed one a long time ago. I did build something but players didn't use it. Feedback was that it takes too much time away from gameplay. Everyone wants a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger or a GTR but they own little compact cars because it's cheap and economical.
Old 09/29/2016, 07:55   #21

Quote:
Yes, PhP is widely used. But it's far from the best web platform out there. It has security holes you can drive a truck through, it isn't load-balance capable and runs horrible on a Windows box. It's widely used because it costs nothing. PhP is a scripting engine which goes as follows:
1. page request
2. web server parse
3. cgi parse
4. php engine parse
5. O/S kernel parse
6. Talk to CPU
7. Then follow the line back up

So many ways to break PhP it's not funny. Nonetheless you want to sell and old PhP website with unknown features for $2000.00. There are links in Janvier's thread that gives you a fully-featured PhP site for Dekaron for free. There's also other threads on here that offer free site templates.
Okay, first of all, you have not explained why it's processing order is terrible for running a Dekaron website. Secondly, all web development platforms have plenty of holes. PHP just has more detected more often widely because it's use the most so therefore exploits related to PHP are more valuable since it gives a wider variety of websites to exploit. You're naive if you think ruby or any other popular web development platform doesn't have hundreds of bugs and exploits waiting to be found or found already. Finally, you call my website old when I stopped working on it 4 months ago. Janvier's stopped active development and made a final dump of dekaron stuff with his websites was back in 2014 which, by default, makes his website less secure than anyone who makes a website after him. Where is the logic in this?

Quote:
As for a demo, you don't need a dekaron server running just the database. It's not hard to set up MSSQL express and the database for the website to talk to. If you in fact do need a live Dekaron server for the site to work then brings many security issues. 1. The site has to be on the same box as the Dekaron server. 2. If the server is down so is the website.
1. Did you even read what I wrote before? I can make a live demo but you can't verify features working in-game properly if you don't test it. I mean, of course you can if you look at the database and you know how it works, but I'm sure someone paying money for a website wants to see it working in action and not have the guy who is selling it explain where they should check to see if its working.

2. The site does not need to be on the same box as a dekaron server. In fact, this very website that I'm selling was running on a Linux box hosted by GoDaddy. So there you go, another "feature" for you I guess. My website isn't limited to windows. As if that's a real feature lol...

AND FINALLY, THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR TOP 5 xtremetop100 DEKARON SERVER OWNERS/DEVELOPERS TO READ:

While what I'm about to say is directed at freez, if you're interested in potentially learning about a big security vulnerability that your website may and probably does possess then keep reading...

Freez, I'm not here to try and SHOW OFF my knowledge or have a debate with you about why PHP is better or more secure than Ruby or any other web programming language. I asked before in a previous post that if you do not have direct questions/inquiries about my website then please don't post. I respected your last post and gave an answer to everything simply because you had valid questions about my website that maybe some people wanted to know.

However, this has gotten out of hand and you no longer seem to have any questions directly related to my website and you seem to be directly trying to discredit my work by throwing wild accusations, and I want to say you should be the last person questioning my ability to code or write security for my website since the website you advocate, Dekaron Energy, has a very basic major security exploit, and I assume you write this website. Any semi-experienced web programmer familiar with website security always has this exploit in mind when transmitting data. However, don't feel offended by what I said because last time I checked when I was protecting my website against this back in April or May, the top 5 Dekaron websites at the time all had this same exploit and probably still do. And it makes it even worse that many of these websites use jQuery and Javascript stuff which can lead to many other forms of this type of exploit (as well as another one that they are most likely vulnerable to) if it's not kept in mind when using it which I assume it wasn't. However, I respect you. Back then, I often saw you as one of the few people who still help others on this forum and I respect that so, therefore, I have sent you a PM (well not yet, but i will right after this post) that explains the exploit and proof that it exists within Dekaron Energy (your site). In return, I request that you stop this retarded debate on my thread. If you have questions directly about my website, feel free to ask otherwise.

Also, in good faith, to the top 5 dekaron servers on xtremetop100 that are interested in knowing their potential exploit, please write an HTML comment on your main page that has encrypted text which says "botttles" and PM me the instructions on how to decrypt it so I know it's an owner, or someone with the power to do something about it.
Old 09/29/2016, 09:25   #22 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 170
Received Thanks: 1,009
Arrow Dekaron Private Server -> Dekaron Trading

#moved…
Old 09/29/2016, 09:30   #23 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 79
WTF is that price ?!?!?!?!?!?!? No one will buy it for 2k....
Old 09/29/2016, 18:24   #24 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

This was moved to the proper section. I apologize if you think I'm trying to discredit your work. I'm trying to understand why an old PhP Dekaron website is $2000.00 without being able to see a demo or have a list of the features or a screenshot. FYI Ruby on rails is a PhP development SDK and standard. Why people don't use it widely is because it costs money. I wish you luck trying to sell your site. You might be better off putting it up in the portfolio of your website to give it some credibility for the community.
Old 09/29/2016, 19:01   #25

Quote:
This was moved to the proper section. I apologize if you think I'm trying to discredit your work. I'm trying to understand why an old PhP Dekaron website is $2000.00 without being able to see a demo or have a list of the features or a screenshot. FYI Ruby on rails is a PhP development SDK and standard. Why people don't use it widely is because it costs money. I wish you luck trying to sell your site. You might be better off putting it up in the portfolio of your website to give it some credibility for the community.
Thanks for your input.

1. As stated in my first post I would update that features list as soon as I got back to my computer on Thursday (today) so in a few hours. As well as post screen shots

2. If anyone did any research on RE-XP dekaron they could actually find a video that one of the owners did and you can see exp banking in action working on our website as well as see parts of the website:

Keep in mind that the look of the website can be easily modified and integrated in your website without losing any features on either end. That look for RE-XP dekaron was a temporary template I designed because I was busy designing the back end.

3. I have nothing to put in my portfolio because all the website related work I've done besides this is outside of an "underground" community.

Quote:
Ruby on rails is a PhP development SDK and standard.
Uh, I don't know if you meant to write something else here or typo, but this statement is wrong. Ruby and PHP are two separate languages, and Ruby on Rails is an MVC framework for Ruby.