Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Other way than SQL?

Discussion on Other way than SQL? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Other way than SQL?

Hey,

I'm new around here. Recently, me and my best friend want to play the old dekaron action 2. I'm currently trying to install SQL and SQL sp4. Nothing works. I keep on getting an error where I'm missing a DLL and I can't connect to the server or access denied. Is there any other programs that could help set up the server? Because as of right now SQL isn't working...

Old 03/11/2019, 15:40   #2

SQL is the only way, follow the SQL setup in this video and you'll have a working Action 2 server.

Old 03/12/2019, 00:47   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye42 View Post
SQL is the only way, follow the SQL setup in this video and you'll have a working Action 2 server.

Here's my first problem when trying to install sql... epvpImg: simple.
Old 03/12/2019, 02:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomneox View Post
Here's my first problem when trying to install sql... epvpImg: simple.
you can't install SQL Server 2000 on windows 10... Try make virtual machine with windows 7

Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2019, 13:11   #5

[QUOTE=Farius~;37444097]you can't install SQL Server 2000 on windows 10... Try make virtual machine with windows 7 [/QUO TE]

Thanks, I'm currently in the process of getting windows 7 iso on virtual machine. I'll let you know is the server works later on.
Old 03/12/2019, 20:30   #6

Ehhh
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-2c7a3b28e75d

Read learn and solve your problem.
Old 03/13/2019, 01:25   #7

I managed to get the server running and etc. The problem was windows 10. The server is now running in vm windows 7. I have a new problem, I try to open the game and it does not work on win 7. I click on dekaron.exe in the bin folder and nothing happens. I can open dekaron on my win 10. How do I join my own sever?

Edit: If i try to open it by the launcher in win 7 its says fatal error can't create device. (I already tried different compatibly modes as well as changing the dekaron screen size (in bin, option) to my vm screen size. I also changed all the ip to local host to test the game single-player before dwelling into multi.(But I still can't open the game on win 7 vm. The debugmon runs perfeclty and I'm getting no server error well I load everything)
Old 03/13/2019, 17:23   #8

add dekaron.exe to DEP

guys sometimes you should think more not only read or wait.
Old 03/14/2019, 03:09   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DEV]Dekaron View Post
add dekaron.exe to DEP

guys sometimes you should think more not only read or wait.

I added dekaron.exe to DEP and it didn't work. It doesn't open. I see your comment how we should think more and etc. It is my first time, my first experience, in trying to make a server as well as making a windows 7 ISO. I never has any classes or training in these things. I am a total newcomer. I'm trying my best but its sure I will have difficulties. I'm sure at the beginning you were like this a bit.

I searched online and I haven't found how to make your friends join your dekaron server. How can they join? (I know hamachi gives your ip to them, but after that?)
Old 03/14/2019, 10:26   #10

if client not even appear go to task manager and try to find dekaron.exe and finish task.

i still use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and all works OK i never get any problem with Dekaron.

how to connect with your server from outside?
1) check do you have a static IP
2) This IP should be only on client side (login.csv and channel.csv)
3) forward port (on router side) (only login and game server - remember nothing more + only at TCP)
note: never forward port on UDP protocol)
4) Setup your firewall

And i wish you a good luck
Old 03/19/2019, 11:21   #11

Is anyone up on discord? I'd like to ask a few questions about how to make an account for your friends on your server and what do they have to do to login. Thks. (A bit confused too on port forwarding, as I need to connect myself in the game from my window 10, my server is running on wins 7 VM )
Old 03/21/2019, 13:39   #12

I was wondering, since I have an installation cd of windows 8.1, if sql 2000 runs on wins 8. Anyone here run sql on wins 8? I could maybe reinstall it and downgrade from win 10.

My wins 7 iso will not start dekaron no matter what ive tried.
Old 04/05/2019, 13:23   #13

***, this is a mess '-'

« Single Equip | Low rate server »