Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Windows 10 - Client doesn't seem to do anything?

Discussion on Windows 10 - Client doesn't seem to do anything? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old 02/06/2017, 03:47   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfisk View Post
Dont be that sure, if you are MCSE, you should know even if you turn off or change privacy settings they allways trace all you do!
First off I need to apologize to you. I read my last message and I seemed rude. I was having a bad day.

And actually Microsoft doesn't track all you do if you turn off settings. The trick is knowing where. In Edge there's settings you need to turn off, in the Store and in the privacy. Lots of stuff is app-based like Skype so you need to check your privacy settings there too. No doubt every company wants to track everything you do, and Windows 10 is far worse than 7 for sending data and tracking. However, you can turn it all off if you know where and want to take the time to do it. I'd be happy to share any tricks for privacy in Win 10.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/06/2017, 14:16   #17
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: LOCKED
That would be nice for who's using windows i guess
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/07/2017, 04:33   #18

Well most of us don't have a choice. When you are in business and running things all the software is made for Windows. Everything is Microsoft today. Servers, database etc etc.
Old 02/07/2017, 22:43   #19

not all freez you forgot about Linux and MacOS and some other OS.
but more ppl use Windows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_...rating_systems
Old 02/07/2017, 23:20   #20
Trade Restricted

Dekaron , freez is right when he says 99% of products are made for windows market and thats true, but in server-side and some OS bases linux is their best bet because is open-source and got a well base for they start.
It's really bad that linux doesnt have that much compability but lets hope soon they start doing something "free"
Old 02/08/2017, 00:10   #21

ppl use windows in 99% for game not to normal work. because linux don't have that much game. Some software is **** on windows. Some software for windows have open source, but windows is not open source only commercial ****.
Widows 10 you can get for free and get all updates only for one year, then if you want get update you must pay WTF...?????
Old 02/08/2017, 00:24   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DEV]Dekaron View Post
ppl use windows in 99% for game not to normal work. because linux don't have that much game. Some software is **** on windows. Some software for windows have open source, but windows is not open source only commercial ****.
Widows 10 you can get for free and get all updates only for one year, then if you want get update you must pay WTF...?????
95% of business and government runs windows. Windows Server also runs 80% of server applications and databases.

Mac OS is only 5% of the market share in business. No one runs Mac as a server.

The problem with Linux is compatibility. They decided to make GUI's for Linux that work half-***. Like putting an LSX engine in a 67 Camaro. It doesn't work well. Linux is very old and the kernel hasn't been updated in decades. People only use it because it's free. If you had to pay for it, no one would use it because it isn't compatible with very much.
Old 02/08/2017, 10:49   #23

freez do i talk about company. i talk about normal user like me. some times ago i use Linux for web server and linux with web server is better like windows. it's more stable and faster from Windows. the problem with Linux is that you must learn use Terminal with all commands, thats all what you need. thats why ppl use Windows because we are to lazy to learn new things.
Old 02/08/2017, 14:24   #24
Trade Restricted

freez you're right in terms on "market", windows and macOs probably win easly because linux is free (GNU) and one most problems are the publisher's of games, drivers etc that dont release most of the things compatible. If you know, linux most advanced API is dx9 and openGL but is openGL the most used.

[DEV]Dekaron, about linux its not the speed or built of distro that are much diff between windows server and some linux server distro(fedora,redhat,centos etc), one of the reasons is security. SSH is the way to go!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/08/2017, 21:30   #25

Like i write we w e to lazy to lern use linux thats why ppl and company use windows. Ant you hawe right linux is more save from windows.
Old 02/08/2017, 23:41   #26
Trade Restricted

Thats right, most of ppl are lazy to learn but the main problem between is the compatibility when the user just wanna make linux to play when linux was most based for server-side and programming. If you check, in linux everything is a file, even drivers so programming to linux is more easier. Atm im learning python and i'm loving it because its more easier than windows but im not a person that are agains't windows because in work i usually use it.
Old 02/09/2017, 00:00   #27

I use Linux and Windows servers every day. Linux takes 5 times as long to install or set up anything as Windows does. Example, Wordpress. Windows has the application platform installer. 1 click and MYSQL, wordpress, Joomla, PhP, My PhP admin is installed configured and running. 15 minutes and you're done. Same thing on Linux with Apache from scratch takes 10 times longer to configure and set up. Linux is in no way faster than Windows.

Linux had a good shot at being a standard OS back in the early 2000's when Novell released SuSE. Many companies (even Microsoft) got on board and created applications compatible with SuSE. Why did it fail? After applications got installed it brought the OS to a grinding halt and Novell went bankrupt. Linux is good for certain applications but not to run business applications.

As for security, I can hack a Linux server easily. Try hacking Windows Server 2016.
Old 02/09/2017, 03:06   #28

About setup Linux. Ale new version install drivers without any problem. When i firs time install this os install all drivers when run i have all drivers installed i no need install nothing more like drivers for gfx or any other device in my pc,

1) Install webserver on linux

2) Wordpress instalation + setup domain.

3) About hack Linux i think you don't know what you talk man.
4) All os and server's can be hack its no matter what os you use, more important is how you care about security. Thats all.
Old 02/09/2017, 08:48   #29
Trade Restricted

freez in the part of installion, linux is faster because the "cmd" part is automaticly , what you need is just configure with an interface, when in linux is via terminal.
Another thing, linux isn't that easy to hack as you said, try to hack then a solid linux server and if you do it, you deserve a medal but i bet you'll not.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/10/2017, 21:45   #30

We could do this all day guys. The fact remains that only 10% of business software out there is compatible with Linux (SAP, Account applications etc etc etc). So Linux doesn't fit in many environments.

In the video to set up Wordpress, try doing it in a multi-hosting environment with multiple Wordpress sites.

MYSQL doesn't support real-time replication either. Linux servers don't support load balancing, clustering etc. Linux has few features.

As for hacking, I'm not going to post the tricks on an open forum. However ask yourself this. How old is SSH? Is the source code for SSH available?

Tags
10, client, windows