Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[tools] preview, and interested?

Discussion on [tools] preview, and interested? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

View Poll Results: Interested?
Yes 17 94.44%
No 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[tools] The tools I currently use

Hello EPvP

So I am quite the lazy fellow, and as I am in the midst of making my own for fun server(will mostly just be locally for me and a friend) either way, who cares right? but as I am lazy, and not bothering to edit stuff via notepad and such, so I have started making tools that will do those things for me.

Here is a preview of the monster editor I just swiftly put together, WARNING it is ugly and not exactly organised.

Due to the vote poll, that is consistent of all wanting or atleast look at it, so I decided to release it in 2 versions, a pre compiled one, and the C# source code.

It is all made in visual studio 2015 Express Edition

Mob Editor:

There will be more tools to be made, like item editor, and itemset editor, these are not creation, so it can only modify existing values, so a suggestion is that you copy paste a mob, and change the BloodInfo,CuttingInfo,ShapeInfo,DescriptionInfo for whatever their purpose is, otherwise modify to your heart's content! Just remember it can only change those that got a name, so if you wanna modify something like special range attack, then it still must be done manually, as I haven't added those.

Questions regarding the tool(s) ? then feel free to ask, I shall do my best to answer them

Regards and enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss+(2016-07-22+at+08.01.44).jpg (20.6 KB, 168 views)
Thanks
7 Users
Old 07/23/2016, 01:12   #2

#Requesting Title Change to: [tools] The tools I currently use

#Update#

Released the Mob Editor with source code! also at main post.

Mob Editor:

Questions regarding the tool(s) ? then feel free to ask, I shall do my best to answer them.

HF!
Old 07/23/2016, 03:29   #3

Sorry but with the tools in Excel, I fail to see how this is any help at all? If you are an advanced user in Excel (as any DEV should be), the tools in Excel are far better than any tool made as of yet. If you're using CSVEd then I can see how this tool could be useful. But Excel is far far better.
Old 07/23/2016, 04:36   #4

Well it is faster than Excel, atleast the 365 office I got, and it works better for the purpose that I will use it for, and as such I released it for people who might want to use it as well

And Excel is not really that good when there is a ton of columns, as I get annoyed having to remember the column name for each row As well as it doesnt work that well for me, as it changes the , to ; instead of keeping it as it is. no matter if I change the system language, or keyboard type. I can do it manually but well that is a few extra steps that I rather not

Anyways, just free to use for whoever may use it or for those who are interested in how I wrote the rookie code xD
Old 07/23/2016, 13:30   #5

elite*gold: 22
Special, some optimizations are in need yea, but who dont have the source, you have defined the path and you can let user choose instead of you
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/23/2016, 13:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by freez00 View Post
Sorry but with the tools in Excel, I fail to see how this is any help at all? If you are an advanced user in Excel (as any DEV should be), the tools in Excel are far better than any tool made as of yet. If you're using CSVEd then I can see how this tool could be useful. But Excel is far far better.
everything has a beginning and discouraging people from creating tools for this game is the worst you can do. you dont find them useful, but a huge number of "devs" that start their journey with the game will.
also not everything regarding csv files can be done in excel. if you want to add an item you also need to specify the filepath for each of the files that it uses, and I dont see excel as a tool that automatically gets the path for you. and it could be coded relatively easily

anyways good work @OP
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/23/2016, 14:04   #7

Redesign

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/23/2016, 14:28   #8

elite*gold: 22
guesswho is right, probably for some newbyes the ideal usefull tool probably adding shapes, filepaths with little guidy so they can simply starting adding it more easly.
Old 07/23/2016, 18:22   #9

I'm not trying to be discouraging and if the tool works better for you then great. And you can do file paths by dragging and dropping or creating a hyperlink in Excel. It's pretty easy. I even have special macros set up. For lots of columns, you can easily hide the ones you're not using and freeze panes so the first column and row stay put as you scroll. For dealing with multiple files, use power pivot that lets you load multiple files in one interface. If you know the tools and what you're doing Excel is easy.
Old 07/24/2016, 07:43   #10

like for me best is Ron's and CSV Pro, but this tools for new ppl who just start adventure with DK server.
Old 07/24/2016, 14:11   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DEV]Dekaron View Post

Thank you and that looks awesome!

@
Yeah I was also pretty sure I needed some optimisations, and improvements both to how it looks and functions. But yeah that is also one of the reasons I decided to release the source with it, as you said, it allows users to modify/add/delete to it as they see fit.

@
Thank you I will keep trying to improve it, as well as get the other things done
Old 07/24/2016, 15:54   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by freez00 View Post
"Sorry but.." are you n*ts? Everything released for community for FREE is and must be welcomed. Dont just discourage people saying *****. Did you released any tool? No. Then.. I found this tool pretty handy since i am barelly working with csvs. At the other hand his next tool might be map editor, but you just discouraged him so he gave up just because of you.. Anyway just think twice before saying anything.. (or wait until you grow up)

@ Thank you for your tool. Really like it. I am not messing much with csvs and i found it pretty useful. Will be happy if you figure out map files structure (map editor) so we can enjoy that one too.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/24/2016, 19:47   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadK1LL View Post
"Sorry but.." are you n*ts? Everything released for community for FREE is and must be welcomed. Dont just discourage people saying *****. Did you released any tool? No. Then.. I found this tool pretty handy since i am barelly working with csvs. At the other hand his next tool might be map editor, but you just discouraged him so he gave up just because of you.. Anyway just think twice before saying anything.. (or wait until you grow up)

@ Thank you for your tool. Really like it. I am not messing much with csvs and i found it pretty useful. Will be happy if you figure out map files structure (map editor) so we can enjoy that one too.
Thanks for the confidence xD But I am pretty like 99% sure, that I most likely wont figure that one out.. As I am still a new "coder" which means, atm my limit is really low compared to the map editor task xD But I won't let it discourage me from making tools of those that I know how to do, it just takes time, not due to the heavy coding, but due to my heavy schedule, which is also one of the reasons that I made the tool, as for me it is faster But thank you
Old 07/25/2016, 02:23   #14

@ Nice Work, and dont listen freez00..
Old 07/25/2016, 04:56   #15

your programm work good i just see one bug your programm no have but in excell have
you can't select windows language
otherwise it is to be congratulated

Tags
dekaron, tools