Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Upcoming IP-ban PHP script

Discussion on Upcoming IP-ban PHP script within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Upcoming IP-ban PHP script

I had a script that can ban IPs from dekaron.
Sadly, due to loads of viruses on my PC, I was forced to reinstall my Windows and I forgot to back up that script... I am now working on it again, except this time I am making it with a little different method.

It will be runing on mysql , not mssql (cuz I hate mssql), and I think I have an idea on how to get an IP of a particular account, so that now I could know which IP to accually ban. That is if mssql will do as fine as my mysql...

I am very surprised that noone yet have thought of this, because the script is very basic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteWarrior View Post
If he figures it out then his server is 2nd of the 100 servers that can ip ban. Almost all pservers ban by account name.
However it may take some time till I perfect it, so I could release it. Also I need to download mssql again... ugh.

So, tell ur opinnion... are you waiting, what held you back from making this yourself, what else can u suggest for the script. I'm waiting for suggestions
NOTE:Don't suggest things like implementing an auto-ban system for hackers... Remember, I'm still a newb on php compared to lets say ItsNobody ^^
Old 09/01/2009, 19:28   #2

Received Thanks: 1,876
is it php ? then i can help out
Old 09/01/2009, 19:42   #3

elite*gold: 0
that will suck alot if u release it : /
Old 09/01/2009, 19:51   #4

I don't agree..
It will be great
Old 09/01/2009, 20:10   #5

Yes it would be great for people that own P servers, then they don't have to ban hackers knowing that they will be back...Because they will just IP BAN them

Very good idea, keep on with the good work and good luck on any future development like this.
Old 09/01/2009, 20:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Raptor| View Post
Yes it would be great for people that own P servers, then they don't have to ban hackers knowing that they will be back...Because they will just IP BAN them

Very good idea, keep on with the good work and good luck on any future development like this.

ip ban doesnt stop somone
Old 09/01/2009, 20:30   #7

It does for most people, Not all people know a way around it.
Old 09/01/2009, 20:38   #8

Make DNS adress ban too ^_^
Old 09/01/2009, 22:02   #9

IP Ban stops the most noobs who have 1 click hacks and dont know what proxys etc are. L33t hackers u dont even see them and if u caught them they always come back ,ip change etc.

DNS Adress ban is more effictive but that can also be bypassed.

So i say a go for this script.
Old 09/01/2009, 22:29   #10

Received Thanks: 4,395
How about IP, DNS and MAC ban/blacklist .

Sadly, the MAC address ban would be kinda hard to make...
Old 09/01/2009, 22:47   #11

Received Thanks: 4,729
a litttle hint for ya:
the ip-adresses of the characters are being saves as variable binarys in the account table as far as i remember.
just make a php script which
-converts variable-binary into string

then you'll have a plaintext ip-adress, and you couls easily ban it with your script. BUT...
you could also copy that variable binary value into the ip-ban database lcoated in the character database.

like that you dont need any script

(but remember.. 70% of the players do have dynamic ips.. means router reset= new ip.. happy banning )
Old 09/01/2009, 22:48   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantDeath View Post
How about IP, DNS and MAC ban/blacklist .

Sadly, the MAC address ban would be kinda hard to make...

but then that can also be bypassed
Old 09/01/2009, 23:10   #13

Received Thanks: 4,729
ip+dns+mac-ban= almost impossible to bypass ^^
i'd say theres no noob-kid who would be able to bypass such block.
Old 09/01/2009, 23:16   #14

i though this forum support the hacking but if he release that useles forum after
Old 09/01/2009, 23:33   #15

Supports hacking, and also people like to help stop it..Theres nothing wrong with that.

Players would prefer a server where the hackers were reduced to next to nothing...I know i would.

Why ? The reson is because there is nothing worse then knowing you got to mx lvl legitly and some nub has just done it in like 1 hour.

My opinion anyway.