Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for Dev

Discussion on Looking for Dev within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Looking for Dev

Looking for a Dev at Dekaron Horizon, when we get the Store up and get donations I will give half of all payments to them. As of right now we are hamachi only intill we get the server all ready. It is in beta. Join on Teamspeak or talk to me in forums chatbox.

Old 01/08/2014, 03:35   #2

you cant even search the forums, what exactly will you be doing to earn the first half of the donations? cus as far as i have seen of your posts, the devs you want to hire will be forced to do all the work, while you reap half the benefits. . .
Old 01/08/2014, 03:41   #3

No im doing some work, slowly learning. Just cant figure out all of this out. Ill do it if they can teach me what to do or if I got it wrong they can tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it.
Old 01/08/2014, 04:03   #4

well, then the first thing u need to do is learn some, there is plenty of information here that will teach you most everything you need to know, most of us learned how to dev by simple trial and error, some of those ppl made tutorials once they learned how to edit stuff.

your goal should be to know as much if not more than devs you hire, if the devs know more than the admin does, then you have set yourself up for failure and betrayal, plus no decent dev is going to work for someone who doesnt know much, they dont want to do most of the dev work, and babysit the admins as well.

you will get ppl on here, who will want to add you to skype, say they want to help you, be wary of these ppl, check out their post count, their thank you count, go read their posts and topics, dont just take the first few ppl that reply and hope fo rthe best, this game is cut-throat, there is always someone out to stab you in the back, take all your stuff, bring any players you have aquired to their own server that you wont even know about, this game isnt like WoW or RF or anything, there isnt an abundant amount of good ppl to help and answer questions, there are a very very small handful of ppl here that are decent, the rest you should consider are out to get you, becus the reality of the situation here, is that they are in fact out to get you, drain you dry of every resource, and leave you in the dirt on ur face.

so, read the stickies, search in this forum for stuff, exhaust every avenue to answer ur questions on ur own, especially trial and error, that will be ur best friend, and only after you have run out of ways to get ur answer should you post and ask. i have been doing this for years, taught myself everything i know, which is most everything there is to know, if you look at my post history, the very few questions i have asked over the years, no one has been able to even answer for me.

gl
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/08/2014, 07:58   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,876

For the love of ***, DONT USE WIX !!!!!!!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/08/2014, 09:48   #6

whys that?
Old 01/08/2014, 10:19   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,876
  • Looks cheap <- Especially this !!!!!!!
  • Ads !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Crappy SEO
  • HUGE empty block at the bottom of the page