Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

"Private" PServer

Discussion on "Private" PServer within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
"Private" PServer

I was looking into making a PServer, but I did not want to use Himachi or whatever it's called and I did not plan on letting anybody else play on it. All I was really wanting to do is to make a PServer where I can get on and play around with things (like having GM powers, and able to change xp ratios and drop ratios and such) without having to worry about other players. Is there anyway I can get this setup without having to use Himachi or anything like that?
Old 07/04/2009, 05:09   #2

elite*gold: 0
Do you have a spare XP machine in your house? If so, install server and set it up for the 192.168.***.*** ip range of your internal network. That's what I do. I have a machine here for testing and for my kids to play on. They are too young for pservers yet.

The specs can be a little lower if it will only be you playing. My box is a 1.8 gig single core with 1 gig ram.

Himachi is only for those who aren't using a dedicated server and need to allow access to the web.
Old 07/04/2009, 05:17   #3

i was hoping to just install it on the the pc that I use for everything...is that not going to be possible? i don't need internet or anything, just something that will let me log on and mess around
Old 07/04/2009, 05:29   #4

You can as long as you think the computer can handle running a client and server.

You'll want something at least dual-core and 2+ gigs of ram. Ultimately you just need to try it and see how smooth the client runs for you.
Old 07/04/2009, 05:51   #5

so, what all do I need to do in order to get this set up? All the tuts I've read are for setting up a public PServer
Old 07/04/2009, 07:26   #6

The tuts are for any server in general. It's what I followed. Just make sure you follow the database setup in the video. The rest is a matter of adjusting the IPs in the server ini files and the client.

You should find out the DHCP range your router uses in the 192.168.***.*** range and set your computer to use one above the range. that way your computer always has the same IP when it boots. Set the server ini files to use the 192.168.***.*** IP and the client too.

Send me a PM and we can talk on MSN if needed.