Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for one more dev.

Discussion on Looking for one more dev. within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old 01/17/2013, 23:04   #16

elite*gold: 0
Idk why he wud need 3 devs if its just sittings behind a monitor messing with csv files , thats what the most here do ya but i dont need to mess with it .. i know what im doing lol and the hours i spend doing it free i can better spend it on stuff more fun then this deving for free why shud i ... For the hours i spended free deving before it was more time then i rlly work normal and what is lets say 40$ a month pay wtf i work every day mon-friday and i get that in 1 day workin then Wtf is the prob to pay a small amount of money just for wasting alot time on helping the admins fix their problems
Old 01/18/2013, 01:57   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquer93 View Post
Idk why he wud need 3 devs if its just sittings behind a monitor messing with csv files , thats what the most here do ya but i dont need to mess with it .. i know what im doing lol and the hours i spend doing it free i can better spend it on stuff more fun then this deving for free why shud i ... For the hours i spended free deving before it was more time then i rlly work normal and what is lets say 40$ a month pay wtf i work every day mon-friday and i get that in 1 day workin then Wtf is the prob to pay a small amount of money just for wasting alot time on helping the admins fix their problems
I hurr that xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/18/2013, 02:37   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquer93 View Post
If you are helping someone DEVing, then you actually join their server. You are a part of the team, you are a part of the server. You try to make the server as good as much, so people can have fun, well thats atleast what I did when I was still DEVing. Back then in the day when there were still all those awesome DEV's, such as Blindguard, ItsNobody, bottomy, morthos etc, I could list 100 more. I worked with them all except ItsNobody, do you think they ever wanted money for it? No, they did it cause it was fun, and cause they wanted to make something cool for the people.

Hell I've worked for the best server before it shut down. Yes Evolution, do you really think I EVER wanted one damn dollar?

But tbh I don't really care anymore since I'm not into dekaron anymore, no wonder that Core and Uprising are the only server which are good, cause they actually work together.

Just wanted to give my opinion to that. Don't take that as an Insult or something, if you want money from anyone just because you're deving there, then I'm gonna tell you, you won't come far.

Ps: You're not the only one who's working from mon till friday.
Old 01/18/2013, 05:08   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DEV]Harmony View Post
If you are helping someone DEVing, then you actually join their server. You are a part of the team, you are a part of the server. You try to make the server as good as much, so people can have fun, well thats atleast what I did when I was still DEVing. Back then in the day when there were still all those awesome DEV's, such as Blindguard, ItsNobody, bottomy, morthos etc, I could list 100 more. I worked with them all except ItsNobody, do you think they ever wanted money for it? No, they did it cause it was fun, and cause they wanted to make something cool for the people.

Hell I've worked for the best server before it shut down. Yes Evolution, do you really think I EVER wanted one damn dollar?

But tbh I don't really care anymore since I'm not into dekaron anymore, no wonder that Core and Uprising are the only server which are good, cause they actually work together.

Just wanted to give my opinion to that. Don't take that as an Insult or something, if you want money from anyone just because you're deving there, then I'm gonna tell you, you won't come far.

Ps: You're not the only one who's working from mon till friday.
I'd like to think that Uprising is alive cause of me.

Long story short, I forced Ike to give me evolution files so I could start a server and run zirak into the ground for locking Ike out. Initially I had no way of running it on my computer through VM, and had no money for a dedi so Ike offered me to run it off his VM. After it got popular enough he bought a dedi and basically stripped my rank as admin.

Was I mad? OFC. Did I stay? Yea. Why? Because I wanted to make a server for the people. Up till around now that is how I've always been and thats what kept me there until now.

Some of the shit thats gone on recently has made me change my mind about staying with uprising. Like the lack of ability to do my job, and the increasingly growing appearance that money buys anything with Ike.

I'll be putting up my own public server in the coming weeks which will probably run Uprising into the ground.

Unlike Uprising,
- I can actual run shit correctly and deal with problems instead of leaving it to the always absent Ike. I think people are still waiting for him to reply to important PMs from over 2 months ago.
- I have events planned out with prizes and everything.
- Not every single dshop item that KR makes is going to be a purchase only item.
- All the important bugs that Uprising has are fixed on my server already.
- My server has actual plans for content and is centered around having fun.
^ I dev for the players, not for money. If dedicated servers were free I'd make dshop items free.

/rant over.

If anyone wants help with stuff I'll help them out. I won't give out SOME info because It should be on a I learned this myself basis.

That being said, I started writing an "Editing Mega-Guide" which covers everything I know; items, dshop, script, strings, skills, images, few other stuff.

P.S: I work on the game monday to friday when i want just cause i have nothing else to do
Old 01/18/2013, 06:42   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatehacks View Post

That being said, I started writing an "Editing Mega-Guide" which covers everything I know; items, dshop, script, strings, skills, images, few other stuff.
offtopic:
i want guide O_O
i would love that kind of input...especially from you.
Old 01/18/2013, 07:06   #21

Could this get back on topic? he is hiring another dev if you are interrested leave a pm if not ignore it. ty lol