Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

tut needed for server setup

Discussion on tut needed for server setup within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
tut needed for server setup

can someone post a complete tut on setting up a dekaron/2moons server for the files from the following thread please:

thanks
Old 01/02/2009, 08:51   #2

Received Thanks: 1,236
View My Video here:
Old 01/02/2009, 09:00   #3

ummm....i have problems starting up the sql server.
it says that there was an error with logon and that server doesn't exist or access denied
Old 01/02/2009, 09:39   #4

Have you made your ODBC? If not, go to control panel>administrative tools>data sources(ODBC) then go system dsn and add.

In add, scroll down to the bottom and press sql server, then next window will show what you want to name it. Call it Dekaron accounts, then description dekaron accounts, then in server I think you type in localhost.

Next window, click the bubble that says "With SQL Server authentication" then create a login and password for the database.

I can't go anymore further cos i don't have sql, and this must've been a bit hard to understand. >.<
Old 01/02/2009, 09:58   #5

ummm...somehow that didn't work
i tried adding the odbc but it kept on saying cannot connect while i was trying to add it
Old 01/02/2009, 17:50   #6

Your getting server acces denied with SP_Guild ?? the first one??? when starting out Castserver?? try to add a newtwork protocol like tcp/ip with port and open port/disable firewall etc and about odbc do you set it up with localhost or our sql server??
Old 01/03/2009, 01:18   #7

i tried both ways, with the microsoft sql 2000 and without it and both gave me the same thing. i'm getting access denied when i'm starting the sql server from scratch.