Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[TUT]Auto-Updater w/ XAMPP

Discussion on [TUT]Auto-Updater w/ XAMPP within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[TUT]Auto-Updater w/ XAMPP

Okay so i searched on the forums and I haven't seen a post for this except in the list of tutorials that trane posted (different style updater).

First off you will need web server (xampp). I use xampp so i will explain how this works for xampp, it may be different for other web servers.

Download the Updater.rar file below and extract it into the correct folders.

Code:
The contents of htdocs go in your htdocs folder located in your xampp folder.
C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs

The contents of the dekaron folder go in your dekaron folder (outside the bin and data folders).

And the Update Creator folder can be place anywhere that you like (i.e Desktop)
Once everything is in the correct place, you can begin to configure your files.

Go to C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/update and locate your buttons.config file.

Here you can change what the buttons on the launcher will redirect the user to.

Code:
For instance set the url for your homepage and the name to Home, and when a user clicks home it will redirect them to your homepage.
Put your domain name or host ip in the url.config.
And type the name of your server in the server.config file

Code:
url.config -- http://[your ip/domain name here]:80/index.html
server.config -- Index,Name,Group,Select
                      0,[your server name here],0,0
Copy the buttons, history, lang, and url config files and paste them into your dekaron folder. Hit replace to all.

Open your update.ini file.

Set your host ip. (Your server IP) and save.

---PART 2: Creating an Update!---

Open the Update Creator folder and open the 7z folder and delete the files there. do the same for the updata folder.

Go to your updata folder. This is where you will put the updates you want to implement in your server. Lets start with a very simple update.

Inside the updata folder, right click and click new and create a new text document. name it testupdate. write something in the test document. (doesnt matter what)

save it. go out into the update creator folder and run the update creator.exe

Click new update. once it has finished close the program and open your 7z folder.

You will see a new file(s) there. drag that file into your C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/update/00.00.00 folder. Rename that folder to 00.00.01

Open the history.config file and change the number to

Code:
00.00.01 1
That last number is important it identifies how many files where in the last update. (how many files you drag from 7z folder to your update folder.)

Now, Go to your start your dekaron launcher and watch the magic.

You should see it says Update Successful 00.00.01.

---PART 3: Creating another update---

Once you apply an update you must leave the folders in the htdocs/update.
Lets try making another update this time editing that new file we just added.
Lets go to your dekaron folder and find the new file, copy it.

This time lets try putting it further into the dekaron folder.

go to your update creator/updata folder. create a new folder and name it

Code:
data
inside the data folder make a new folder and name it share
paste the text file into the share folder.

go back to the update creator and run the exe. (make sure your 7z folder is empty.)

Click on new update. Once it has completed go to your htdocs/update folder and create a new folder named 00.00.02
move the files in the 7z folder into that folder.
Then edit the history.config file again this time making a NEW line under your previous one.

should look like this now

Code:
00.00.01 1
00.00.02 1 [COLOR="Red"][B]<--- Remember this last number should represent                                                                 
                                              the number of files you moved from your
                                              7z folder.[/B] 
                                              The launcher will only update the specified 
                                              amount here.[/COLOR]
Save. Go back to your dekaron launcher and watch the update.

Now go check your work. Go to your data/share folder. and locate the new file there.

Congrats you have successfully learned how to auto update your client.

I don't know who to give credit for for the files so if you deserve credit let me know and ill be sure to give them to you =D

I didn't make any of the files here, all i did was make a tutorial on how to set it up. I hope I was able to help, press thanks if I did. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Updater.rar (1.04 MB, 493 views)
Thanks
9 Users
Old 04/06/2012, 20:13   #2

You didnt search that hard since i just did a tut including a launcher with dumbed down directions.
Old 04/06/2012, 21:10   #3

still it's a good tut nice work ^^
Old 04/06/2012, 21:33   #4

Nice tutorial. Good Work.
Old 04/25/2012, 06:29   #5

I'm having a issue of sort updater works but you click start it closes client never loads up.
exactly why it use to but it quit working for some strange reason any ideas on why it has?
Old 04/25/2012, 07:20   #6

maybe your anti virus removed the dekaron.exe... cuz thats what the launcher loads.
check ur bin folder
Old 06/29/2023, 17:09   #7

elite*gold: 78
I wonder if someone has a source code for the launcher
Old 06/29/2023, 19:13   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgasal View Post
I wonder if someone has a source code for the launcher

11 Years old topic, Having a post about newer launchers with sorce code included and you are going to revive a topic that is more than 1 decade old.
Old 06/29/2023, 20:44   #9

elite*gold: 78
I am sorry if the question get into your nerve... its a plain question if the source code of the above launcher is available somewhere.. a simple answer of "its been long gone" would do. and I have my reasons why I am looking for it. and I think I don't need your permission or have to explain to you why..