Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] Vmware 6.35 Harddisk useage

Discussion on [Question] Vmware 6.35 Harddisk useage within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] Vmware 6.35 Harddisk useage

I dont know is there any1 has the same problem like mine VMware 6.35 Version running on Win7 ,,I installed Window XP PRo on mine Vmware to run the Sever but i saw it using alot of of Harkdisk space.I got like 250GB for the Vmware win Xp after i left the Sever On 1 night My harkdisk almsot full(230gb used) my sever only had like 10-20 players any1 know why its using alot of harddisk Space or is should be like tat?
Old 04/15/2011, 09:17   #2

Received Thanks: 1,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHelpAti View Post
I dont know is there any1 has the same problem like mine VMware 6.35 Version running on Win7 ,,I installed Window XP PRo on mine Vmware to run the Sever but i saw it using alot of of Harkdisk space.I got like 250GB for the Vmware win Xp after i left the Sever On 1 night My harkdisk almsot full(230gb used) my sever only had like 10-20 players any1 know why its using alot of harddisk Space or is should be like tat?
If your not using a dynamic drive it will use the full 250gb which is around 230gb after NTFS file system most likely. Next time chose a dynamic drive so it only uses what it uses, instead of reserving the full amount. That's my guess.
Old 04/15/2011, 10:12   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,729
use a server OS for the server files and not such **** like windows xp.
will certainly help!
else use my vm hdd file.everything in there already.
Old 04/15/2011, 17:09   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkbotter View Post
use a server OS for the server files and not such **** like windows xp.
will certainly help!
else use my vm hdd file.everything in there already.
Ty warmog i will try

Silk i dun no why iused ur one clik sevet vmwarea after 2 weeks runnin sever i will get session/provider.cpp erro line 12
Old 04/15/2011, 20:43   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger1337 View Post
If your not using a dynamic drive it will use the full 250gb which is around 230gb after NTFS file system most likely. Next time chose a dynamic drive so it only uses what it uses, instead of reserving the full amount. That's my guess.
Warnmoger
Is this the right way to convert to dynamic ? Here
Old 04/16/2011, 00:33   #6

Received Thanks: 1,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHelpAti View Post
Warnmoger
Is this the right way to convert to dynamic ? Here
Im not sure since its a virtual machine. You might have to edit the storage settings under vmware settings. I would check and see what kind of storage the virtual machine is using first.