Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for DEVs

Discussion on Looking for DEVs within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Looking for DEVs

I am looking for about 1-2 good devs. Pease write your application neatly . You do not have to know EVERYTHING but must know more than basics . I can teach what you dont know. I will be reviewing your status and your know how before I accept. i dont ask much just Loyalty.

this isnt like all other threads where the owner knows nothing so they need a dev...

no leechers either
Old 03/27/2011, 00:32   #2

And just to avoid subjectiveness, what are the basics?
Old 03/27/2011, 01:18   #3

Basic like
- how to change the start screen/load screen - personalise the client
- changing the exp/drop rates
- changing success rates for argating/socketing
- Add mobs in map
-add itens and such
- Things you first learn
And some other stuff that doesnt come to mind ...
you know the usual
Old 03/27/2011, 10:08   #4

Well that's NOT DEVing that's very basic csv / dds editing so at best you are looking for
a MOD as I see it.
Old 03/27/2011, 15:10   #5

A MOD is for a forum, not for the client so he is looking for a DEV.
Goodluck bro, not many around now a day's.
Old 03/27/2011, 19:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Death View Post
Well that's NOT DEVing that's very basic csv / dds editing so at best you are looking for
a MOD as I see it.
well as i said i want some1 that knows MORE than basic, and i gave an ex. on whats basic to KChildheart when he asked !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ScouseR~ View Post
A MOD is for a forum, not for the client so he is looking for a DEV.
Goodluck bro, not many around now a day's.
yeah i know , not only that but trust too
Old 03/27/2011, 22:29   #7

Modding is a slang expression that is derived from the verb "modify or mod". Modding refers to the act of modifying a piece of hardware or software or anything else for that matter.
Software development (also known as application development, software design, designing software, software application development, enterprise application development, or platform development[1]) is the development of a software product. The term "software development" may be used to refer to the activity of computer programming, which is the process of writing and maintaining the source code.

Just saying, just to put things in prospective.
there are very few Real DEVs on Epvpers. we are for the most part "MODs" that is to mean we modify files and that's it.
I am so sick of ppl taking that term "DEV" so **** lightly, the few "DEVs" here should be very insulted.

and that's all I have to say.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/27/2011, 22:53   #8

I think someone's a bit stressed that things are changing. When I was younger, so called Devs were called Programmers and Developers were those that made the initial software work with something else. A developer is a mod and a mod is a developer by that definition after all Modders still have to write and maintain code that they create.

MOD nowadays on the general perspective tends to refer primarily to Forum Moderators and not to Program Modifiers or those that create 'Mods'.
Old 03/27/2011, 23:09   #9

lol if that helps you deal with the dumbing down of today's society then you are very right.
Old 03/27/2011, 23:15   #10

What do you already have?
Old 03/28/2011, 00:36   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Death View Post
lol if that helps you deal with the dumbing down of today's society then you are very right.
It really does make me feel really old to realise all of this was only eight years ago... >_>
Old 03/28/2011, 01:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChildheart View Post
It really does make me feel really old to realise all of this was only eight years ago... >_>
I know huh.
I really think it's best now days to do the "work" yourself and teach a "GM"
how to MOD oops sry I mean "DEV" lol. I have always taught my GMs how to do everything! they are very great full. And now that I have moved on more like just got to busy to really do anything any more the ppl I did teach have moved on to other server Editing files for them.
Old 03/31/2011, 18:16   #13

back to topic
Old 04/07/2011, 06:36   #14

seias,
Hey what is it that you need? I can talk to a few friends ^_^ and hook you up. We only do this for fun now days editing and sending the edits to other server that is. PM me here and I'll let them know and if I have time I do it myself.
But really bro, if you know what you say you know then teach the ppl you know how to edit and they are the ppl you can trust the most. "DEVs" can be untrustworthy seeings most of them are kids and have no idea what it means to be counted on.
The best thing you can do is to find ppl or involve your real friends in the game ie. get them interested in it. I have found out in the past that if you let one of these "kids" "DEV" for you and you have to correct them or tell them that you do not want to do something the way they want to do it for what ever reason they can take it personally and really F#@k things up for you.
I'm sure you know this by now but I'll say it any ways lol asking for Aloken server.exe is not a good thing lmao.. I myself do not have it either. but the rest is up for grabs.
Have fun and you can't lose ^_^
Old 04/07/2011, 18:40   #15

well iim in search of another pair of hand , but u know what ?!
im following some1 advise i read in here ,
- "teach your GMs you trust to do something he might learn "
and im doing that newb for newb i prefere them "[GM]s", but i was looking for something i knew i woudn't find , but out of curiosity i had to ask for it ....
i have a project in my mind and is very time consuming ...
thanx for the input