Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 19:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

how is no one able to make a good privat server?

Discussion on how is no one able to make a good privat server? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
how is no one able to make a good privat server?

srsly tho... the only "good" server which comes close to darkorbit is pinkgalaxy(the grind is nice) but the admin is abosuluty dogshit character wise( if you played there you will know)...
Old 10/03/2022, 11:19   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by therandomguy94 View Post
srsly tho... the only "good" server which comes close to darkorbit is pinkgalaxy(the grind is nice) but the admin is abosuluty dogshit character wise( if you played there you will know)...
Why?
can you make a good server?
make one
show us
Old 10/03/2022, 11:35   #3

I totally agree with you he is racist and perverted
Old 10/03/2022, 13:42   #4

Quote:
Explain what are your criteria for "good" server
Old 10/03/2022, 13:45   #5

I think so
he doesn't know either xd
Old 10/03/2022, 13:52   #6

Quote:
Probably because anyone who can make a server close to darkorbit is better off creating their own game
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/03/2022, 15:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueuledange View Post
Explain what are your criteria for "good" server
sure, i should have said that

IMo a good server is where you can farm like in old times kristallons etc but still have prom lasers etc. make npc give more uri ( x3 or x4 uri) and gates should give like x3 or x4 > x4 ammo for more pvp fun . i know that epvp had some great programmers like Ink or was it inc? but they all left i guess.

its simple but would still be fun to compete FAIR in a ranking where no one cheats or uses bots.
Old 10/03/2022, 15:41   #8

Quote:

IMo a good server is where you can farm like in old times kristallons etc but still have prom lasers etc. make npc give more uri ( x3 or x4 uri) and gates should give like x3 or x4 > x4 ammo for more pvp fun . i know that epvp had some great programmers like Ink or was it inc? but they all left i guess.

its simple but would still be fun to compete FAIR in a ranking where no one cheats or uses bots.
Do you want a current game server?
To be honest, most people are interested in older versions of the game, as these are experiences they would like to relive, but the current game in addition to being much more complex it conflicts with the official darkorbit, it would basically be a server with a high-rate normal darkorbit.
And the problems with bots can't be fixed like that, someone somewhere is going to start using something like pixel bot, or just adapting the dark-bot for the server since it's open-source, to be fair, I thought about doing something like this, but I don't have the time or incentive to do so, if anyone wants to do it, I recommend recreating the CMS, especially Equipment and Galaxy Gates because working with them is an absolute nightmare.
Old 10/03/2022, 16:45   #9

Quote:

Other than cheats your criteria for a good server is really only about getting more rewards from farming ? If that is your criteria there are many "good" private servers for you out there:
- Space Age (retro server)
- WarUniverse
- AncientOrbit
and more I don't remember the name
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/04/2022, 20:27   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by minionvaves View Post
Why?
can you make a good server?
make one
show us
People have their right to give their opinion and to be critic about whatever it is the context, if you can't even understand that your brain doesn't work properly then. I would advise you to look for a doctor as fast as your can before you become more cringe than you actually are!

@ Your clones are good and there's nothing to be complained innit, SpaceAge is the most nostalgic game people could ever play actually. But it is a fact that old clones will always explode on population at first and then suddenly drop, this is how the community works. But the most recent game style with the new UI from 2013 and all stuff implemented during this period and 2015 until this very moment is more able to survive and to easily evolve like PinkGalaxy did IMO.

People like nostalgia for sure, but it's only for a moment! PinkGalaxy for example (let's ignore the Developer's behavior) is able to bring up more features over time and it isn't very hard to decide what's to come next, what to implement and what to avoid according to the actual real DO, because there you can see what people like and what people hate, what make them stay and what make them leave.
Old 10/06/2022, 02:08   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame_Ga_Kill View Post
People have their right to give their opinion and to be critic about whatever it is the context, if you can't even understand that your brain doesn't work properly then. I would advise you to look for a doctor as fast as your can before you become more cringe than you actually are!

@ Your clones are good and there's nothing to be complained innit, SpaceAge is the most nostalgic game people could ever play actually. But it is a fact that old clones will always explode on population at first and then suddenly drop, this is how the community works. But the most recent game style with the new UI from 2013 and all stuff implemented during this period and 2015 until this very moment is more able to survive and to easily evolve like PinkGalaxy did IMO.

People like nostalgia for sure, but it's only for a moment! PinkGalaxy for example (let's ignore the Developer's behavior) is able to bring up more features over time and it isn't very hard to decide what's to come next, what to implement and what to avoid according to the actual real DO, because there you can see what people like and what people hate, what make them stay and what make them leave.
For sure I can't deny that retro servers have less potential to grow and persist, but I have to argue that retro 2006 or retro 2013-2015 doesn't make a big difference now that we are soon in 2023, either has little chance to survive and grow beyond what dark orbit currently is = dead. Still I had to mention Space Age because it's one of the best servers after all and survived longer than most other servers, it's not just a retro server it has many new features added to it that DO doesn't have and that makes this server particularly special and good
Old 10/06/2022, 16:41   #12

To what end create a good server and dedicate time to it, if they put a premium at $5 and they already say pay to win.
Old 10/06/2022, 18:37   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armandito13x View Post
To what end create a good server and dedicate time to it, if they put a premium at $5 and they already say pay to win.
As far as i know the real problem with p2w on pservers is something like --> 100% DAMAGE BOOST 20 EURO <-- || --> UNIQUE DESIGN 50% SHD 50% DMG 30 EURO <-- || -->I AM THE ADM, SUCK MY C*CK AND WIN FREE PREMIUM<--. Where the hell you see dedication there ?

Then you tell me that you need money to keep the server online. K but since when you gotta make the server p2w to keep it online ? There are plenty ways of earning some money without f*cking it up.
Old 10/06/2022, 19:34   #14

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame_Ga_Kill View Post
As far as i know the real problem with p2w on pservers is something like --> 100% DAMAGE BOOST 20 EURO <-- || --> UNIQUE DESIGN 50% SHD 50% DMG 30 EURO <-- || -->I AM THE ADM, SUCK MY C*CK AND WIN FREE PREMIUM<--. Where the hell you see dedication there ?

Then you tell me that you need money to keep the server online. K but since when you gotta make the server p2w to keep it online ? There are plenty ways of earning some money without f*cking it up.
Can you shop for free in the real darkorbit??
I don't think so xd
All games have payment options.
Nothing is free in today's world.
Old 10/06/2022, 19:55   #15

elite*gold: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionvaves View Post
Can you shop for free in the real darkorbit??
I don't think so xd
All games have payment options.
Nothing is free in today's world.
and? if i wanna pay2win im gonna put my money in the real darkorbit.
a pserver is supposed to be a better version, else its totally useless.