Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 16:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help Request] Adding new ships/assets into the main.swf

Discussion on [Help Request] Adding new ships/assets into the main.swf within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
[Help Request] Adding new ships/assets into the main.swf

Heya guys,

so I'm hosting a Server called PvP-Elysium also known as EpicOrbit.

We've kept many years the same ships, same assets over the year, I kinda got bored and tried to add new Assets to the game - unfortunately it did not work as intended .

Firstly I tought it would be my fault, somewhere I've made an misstake while editing the exported .binary file from the Main.swf, so I tried to do same method on the Public Server (by LEJYONER(DS)/ Yusuf Sahin Hamza )

Well it worked there, exported the SHIPS_XML.bin from the main, added my ship, added the full assets into the spacemap 2D and 3D files, added the ship into the DB and it worked.

So I've checked the md5 hashes of my edited binary file, obv. it changes if I edit the file.

My current Problem is, I cannot enter the Spacemap, I am stuck on the Preloader if I try to enter the game.

My question is, is there any way, to change the hashsum of the main.swf? since I'm exporting a file from it, edit it and replace it again.

Greetings,
Heizer

Old 04/23/2022, 15:27   #2

elite*gold: 43
Old 04/23/2022, 15:29   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTX View Post
Well, I've joined that discord, since 99,99% of them using the Public Server, no point for me to be there ^^...
Old 04/25/2022, 17:35   #4

elite*gold: 0
What ship you want add?
Old 05/10/2022, 10:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Heizer™ View Post
Heya guys,

so I'm hosting a Server called PvP-Elysium also known as EpicOrbit.

We've kept many years the same ships, same assets over the year, I kinda got bored and tried to add new Assets to the game - unfortunately it did not work as intended .

Firstly I tought it would be my fault, somewhere I've made an misstake while editing the exported .binary file from the Main.swf, so I tried to do same method on the Public Server (by LEJYONER(DS)/ Yusuf Sahin Hamza )

Well it worked there, exported the SHIPS_XML.bin from the main, added my ship, added the full assets into the spacemap 2D and 3D files, added the ship into the DB and it worked.

So I've checked the md5 hashes of my edited binary file, obv. it changes if I edit the file.

My current Problem is, I cannot enter the Spacemap, I am stuck on the Preloader if I try to enter the game.

My question is, is there any way, to change the hashsum of the main.swf? since I'm exporting a file from it, edit it and replace it again.

Greetings,
Heizer

If the preloader crashed it's possible that something is corrupted, I'm out of time now, but I'll try to get a better look at your problem later.
Old 05/12/2022, 17:09   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Flavio=- View Post
If the preloader crashed it's possible that something is corrupted, I'm out of time now, but I'll try to get a better look at your problem later.
Tried to use also RABCDAsm.

Somehow if I export the binaryData's the main is getting smaller why so ever, nothing is getting removed or deleted inside the main.swf.
img:

so I tried to replace every single binaryData via RABCDAsm worked well, still the main size is smaller then before.
img:

Old 05/14/2022, 18:38   #7

Quote:
Tried to use also RABCDAsm.

Somehow if I export the binaryData's the main is getting smaller why so ever, nothing is getting removed or deleted inside the main.swf.
img:

so I tried to replace every single binaryData via RABCDAsm worked well, still the main size is smaller then before.
img:

It probably has something to do with the compression form of Main.swf, mine is also different in size.
Old 05/15/2022, 15:48   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Flavio=- View Post
It probably has something to do with the compression form of Main.swf, mine is also different in size.
Hmm.. Any idea how to prevent that?
Old 05/15/2022, 16:49   #9

Quote:
Hmm.. Any idea how to prevent that?
I have no idea, but keep in mind that some .swf you can try to use in the preload can cause this too (make it crash), an example: trying to replace the current KLOn and Klin lasers with their "Crystal1" and "Crystal2" versions " from 2011, to do this it is necessary to create a new laser ammunition and not replace the current ones, besides it is not necessary to put it in the preload.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2022, 17:05   #10

elite*gold: 43
i always thought the loadingscreen/preloader are validating the checksum of a few given files. if that fails the client wont load.
Thanks
1 User
Old Yesterday, 11:09   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTX View Post
i always thought the loadingscreen/preloader are validating the checksum of a few given files. if that fails the client wont load.
I've searched inside the preloader, but couldn't find any refence to the main swf.
If I am connecting to the spacemap, I can see the "hash code" which is visible in the Network logging.
How ever I was not able to find such an code, checked the resources xml, preloader too and my loadingscreen is not openable ^^

Greetings and thanks to you both for your answers.!

Okay I tried something last night.. well I can change/edit the ship.BIN file - 3D assets getting handled there.

as soon as I try to edit the binarydata which is also known as "game.xml/game.php" from older clients, the main.swf won't accept the change^^..