Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 01:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Darkorbit 10.0 Files new Ships

Discussion on Darkorbit 10.0 Files new Ships within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Darkorbit 10.0 Files new Ships

Hey,
I want to ask how to add new ships to main.swf, I tried almost everything and i feel so hopeless now I added it to emu, db, to resource.xml, but when I try to add it to main.swf I just kill whole file Every time I replace 176_net.bigpoint.darkorbit.mvc.common.model.asset s.UberAssetsLib_LIB_SHIPS_XML.bin file the game wont load anymore. I'm sure that I'm doing something terribly wrong there but worst part is i dont even know what so I'm asking you for help. i'll appreciate every single answer <3
Old 01/22/2021, 15:22   #2

no one here helps
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/22/2021, 18:44   #3

elite*gold: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyula359 View Post
no one here helps
No,

No one helps YOU.

`Basti
Thanks
10 Users
Old 01/22/2021, 21:31   #4

Drama D: I just asked for help
Old 01/23/2021, 12:00   #5

Add me Discord.
Claire#8825
Old 02/02/2021, 15:55   #6

Quote:
who can help me set up ammo?
I make a server, but the ammo doesn't run out, it's endless, even though I have an ammo system
Help?
Discord:traviancx#9756
I'm not going to make the code for you, and I don't remember what packages you are going to use to communicate with the client but then what do you have to do:
1: Create a table in the database for them.
2: Add a table request to the emulator whenever a player connects.
3: If you use an external store system, I suggest adding ammunition via the emulator and DO NOT CONNECT DIRECTLY to the database, so the emulator does not need to update the database whenever the player expends ammo to maintain consistency and this will avoid overloading the database.
4: The ammunition spending system does as you see fit, but remember to update the database periodically, when the player jumps into a portal, when it disconnects, dies, etc.
5: As for the visual part, you can:
5.1 Send a package whenever the player spends ammunition, maintaining a precise value but using a lot of bandwidth.
5.2 Periodically send a value to avoid errors, and let the client itself deal with the visual values, for example: (Send the amount of ammunition and lasers equipped in the configuration and then let the client subtract each shot of a certain ammunition type) this will greatly reduce bandwidth usage.

As for it being endless, how about checking the amount of ammunition before each shot?

I think that's it, as for packages you will have to look for them yourself.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/02/2021, 17:13   #7

i wrote for someone to help because i can't set it up
Old 02/02/2021, 17:30   #8

elite*gold: 43
Quote:
i wrote for someone to help because i can't set it up
you got some help.
Old 06/12/2021, 20:50   #9