Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 05:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Nostalgia Orbit | Private Server

Discussion on Nostalgia Orbit | Private Server within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 01/22/2020, 14:27   #31

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
To prevent any passwords stolen
Just do this
Save just a hash of the password into the database, not the real password.
So:
1) if the user enters the right password, the hash will be checked and if it is OK it's success
2) if the user enters wrong password, the hash will be checked and it will be not OK
3) if user forgets their password, they can't get it from the database because it's not there, so they will have to choose a new one via email

Advantage:
the password cannot be simply stolen because it's not there.

That's password hashing.

The password can be brute-forced from the hash, checking all passwords with that hash, but that might take some time. So there is still the rule that a more complicated password will take longer time to obtain.
Also the hash function must be a function that is not predictable from the password or from a part of the password (a.k.a. the output of the hash function is random)

Anyways I believe battlemaster does this so whats the debate here lol

Yeah i mean everyone that needs to know that + wants to make something solid probably knows that. I did not mean anything bad here i just appreciated that one guy that mentioned that players should not use the same passwords for multiple Servers. Thats probably how some people ripped their Accounts on PinkGalaxy. As you can probably guess there are some very sketchy Servers out there which probably saves passwords plain.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/22/2020, 18:29   #32

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by .recytec. View Post
Yeah i mean everyone that needs to know that + wants to make something solid probably knows that. I did not mean anything bad here i just appreciated that one guy that mentioned that players should not use the same passwords for multiple Servers. Thats probably how some people ripped their Accounts on PinkGalaxy. As you can probably guess there are some very sketchy Servers out there which probably saves passwords plain.
Dude honestly touch ur own nose and ask yourself why the f*ck should I rip somebodies acc. You are talking like your server were a bank institute wtff. We all do the same stuff, hosting a "copy" of darkorbit. Go focus on your server and good, I literally don't need anybody here to explain me what to do and not, with his superficial knowledge lol. Literally nobodody is here forcing anyone to make an account on Nostalgia-Orbit
Old 01/22/2020, 19:25   #33

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlemaster#2 View Post
Dude honestly touch ur own nose and ask yourself why the f*ck should I rip somebodies acc. You are talking like your server were a bank institute wtff. We all do the same stuff, hosting a "copy" of darkorbit. Go focus on your server and good, I literally don't need anybody here to explain me what to do and not, with his superficial knowledge lol. Literally nobodody is here forcing anyone to make an account on Nostalgia-Orbit
i did not explain you anything. i explained / warned people that might have not to much knowledge

dunno why your so angry i just want to warn players that might wanna try PinkGalaxy
Old 01/22/2020, 19:39   #34

Quote:
Quote:
i did not explain you anything. i explained / warned people that might have not to much knowledge

dunno why your so angry i just want to warn players that might wanna try PinkGalaxy
you are a f*king nosy guy dude don't you have any other hobbies other than add your mustard to every single post which regards to private server. this makes me actually angry. I guess in your minimistical world there only Pink Galaxy exists lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/22/2020, 22:34   #35

Quote:
you are a f*king nosy guy dude don't you have any other hobbies other than add your mustard to every single post which regards to private server. this makes me actually angry. I guess in your minimistical world there only Pink Galaxy exists lol
Old 01/22/2020, 23:13   #36

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 1,234
trully a way of a server owner to express himself onto a potential community...
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2020, 00:47   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 721560329 View Post
trully a way of a server owner to express himself onto a potential community...
I can truly disclaim on such a community
Old 01/23/2020, 01:43   #38

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 1,234
Quote:
I can truly disclaim on such a community

then why advertise here ?
Old 01/23/2020, 07:25   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 721560329 View Post

then why advertise here ?
Because I want to huh? Dude like honestly stop spamming my thread if you want to have a chat go find someone else and the state from before belongs to those people that act like you/recytec btw. Not everyone is smart enough to figure that out I understand you...
Old 01/23/2020, 11:25   #40

Quote:
Because I want to huh? Dude like honestly stop spamming my thread if you want to have a chat go find someone else and the state from before belongs to those people that act like you/recytec btw. Not everyone is smart enough to figure that out I understand you...
If you answer to people with anger you will go nowhere.
Old 01/23/2020, 19:49   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapiriss View Post
If you answer to people with anger you will go nowhere.
Just check his comments he made earlier and you will clearly understand why imma answering in this type of tone
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2020, 20:54   #42

it could be nice, but 0 players :c
Old 01/23/2020, 21:52   #43

elite*gold: 10
Good to see that in past 3 days, something more was implemented
Old 01/24/2020, 13:27   #44

I've been waiting for a server like orbit reborn to open for years. When I look at the comments, I can't see anything heartwarming. The Turks have a saying, "The fruit-bearing tree is stoned" (talking bad about something good). Many pvp servers managed to improve themselves in sufficient time. I see that you have fixed most of the errors mentioned in the messages.

When your server increases the number of players online, like everyone else, I will be a player on your server.. I love even the old sounds. Gate jumping, emp and ish sound effects.

Good luck.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/24/2020, 17:42   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugpointGames View Post
I've been waiting for a server like orbit reborn to open for years. When I look at the comments, I can't see anything heartwarming. The Turks have a saying, "The fruit-bearing tree is stoned" (talking bad about something good). Many pvp servers managed to improve themselves in sufficient time. I see that you have fixed most of the errors mentioned in the messages.

When your server increases the number of players online, like everyone else, I will be a player on your server.. I love even the old sounds. Gate jumping, emp and ish sound effects.

Good luck.
glad to have such people like you who appreciate someone else work not like the most people here who just want to make your project bad... Thank you