Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 10:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Tutorial] How to PVP (1v1) | Text Tutorial

Discussion on [Tutorial] How to PVP (1v1) | Text Tutorial within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 35
[Tutorial] How to PVP (1v1) | Text Tutorial

Hey epvp,

First let me preface this by saying:

YES there will be a video soon to explain this.
NO I am not a GOD by any means, I just have great knowledge of this topic and good results.
Maybe, you will see results after reading this. But It's important to practice getting your fingers used to hotkeys and memorizing what to do in certain situations. Anything can happen in a 1v1, be ready to counter anything. As Allen Iverson said, Practice (about 14x in like 30 sec)

Now, let's get started ladies.

Table of Contents (Scroll down till the part your interested to read about, but I would read it all. It takes like 5 minutes people)
⋆Basic Configs
⋆Basic Fighting Tactics(Long)
⋆Small Moth Fighting[Non-Tech] Tactics
⋆Advanced Tactics
-->PIB Method
-->ICE/DCR Method
⋆Tips
⋆My Hotkey Setup

For your convenience I have seperated each section with a blue header.

Configs:

My Battle Side Drone CFG: The rest are LF4's

Battle Side[Full Spartans/Full Hercs]:
⋆Full LF4 on Ship
⋆Full BO2 on Ship
⋆Atleast 2 BO2 on the drones[Rest LF4]. More detailed explanation:

My Speed Side Drone CFG: The rest are BO2's

Speed Side[Full Hercs]:
⋆Full LF4 on Ship
⋆Full Speed Gens on Ship (Don't be a loser and try to sub in 1 bo2, don't cheat yourself. It also looks super bad when they ask for a speed test and you did this... bad bad bad)
⋆Atleast 4 LF4 on the drones[Rest BO2]. More detailed explanation:

Now, since that's out of the way. Time for some Basic Tactics, then advanced.

BASIC TACTICS

Starting The Fight

You always want to start the fight on your speed side. This is because on your battle side if you are UFE, you will have full spartans/havocs (you should run double hercs if you dont have spartans though). This means that your speed side which consists of full herc's will give you more HP.

rdy?
'ya shoot'

Before you shoot:
⋆Have your PET on Kami
⋆Have your tech Items Ready (E leech/Rocket Tech)
⋆Have your ICE Rocket selected
⋆Sar-02 HLSTRM Rockets selected
BE IN RING

Alright, start with RSB first then switch to x4, then continue to switch. Something as small as your first shot being RSB's over the enemy starting his first shot with X4 can help. The first thing you should see happen is, your KAMI will be triggered and your ICE Rocket should have hit them by now. This means, they should have already lost a small chunk of their HP.

You can now choose to either back off (as soon as that ICE hits) and watch your kami hit them and laugh. OR, be right on them and for extra drop a SMB. If you are fighting an unskilled player, this will be a deadly combo off the start. However, some pilots may use ISH to negate this combo, in that case you should BACK UP and don't let them get in any shots while they're ISH in in effect.

For the duration of the BASIC tactics, we will assume you are fighting yourself, so basically a noob..

Now, keep your finger ready for your ISH. You have to assume the enemy will also try to ICE rocket you and KAMI. When you see that ICE coming, or as soon as it hits. SPAM THE ISH. Congratz! You just negated his kami and wasted his ICE.

Around this time, the constant x4/rsb Combo's should have one of you at around half shields(40% is ideal). Now, this is where it gets fun. If you are AHEAD meaning you have more shields than they do and hp.

⋆ You Switch to Drill ( If you are both Using Techs ) and continue to combo the F### out of him. If you know you are using techs, maybe on your speed side you can add an extra LF4 or 2.

If you are LOSING meaning you have less HP and Shields when you hit half than they do.

⋆ You Switch to Diamond (If Techs) and weave in and out of shooting range to minimize you damage intake and go back in range to hit your rsb combo's, to maximize your damage output.

Now we should be at the part where your config is almost empty. Woohoo! The adrenaline is pumping. Don't get 1 Figged you noob.

1) Switch to Ring
2) Switch to your other config (battle)

Don't switch figs before you switch to ring. Or your dead. Now this part of the fight you essentially copy the first config's path. Whenever your kami is available. Use it! I'd also be wary of their PET. If it is slithering close to you like a snake, assume is on KAMI.

To Avoid the Kami on Battle Side:

⋆ Switch to Speed fig (assuming there's still like 50k shields on there ) and out run it since the enemy doesn't have an ICE Rocket anymore and they are on their slow battle side.
⋆ Keep on your battle side and use an ISH to negate and still be hitting them

During the battle side, it's in your best interest to use an EMP early on. When should you EMP?

⋆ You want to use it first, before they do. So, I would usually use mine right when I switch configs to battle. Get in 1 combo atleast, then switch back to sped and fly away? Why did I use an EMP and fly away? Usually most pilots will use an emp after someone else uses one. 95% the case. So, use your EMP get in 1 combo or 2 then back up out of his screen. He will either:

1) Use his EMP and basically waste it since you flew away
2) Not Have your lock, as you got in 1.5/2s of free shots and he didn't grab your lock

At this point, we will assume both yours and the enemy's EMP are used. You want to continue using X4 and RSB's until you are about half shields again. I usually wait till about 40% shields left to be exact then repeat what you did on the speed side.

Remember, the easiest way to win these 1v1's is to try to negate the enemies damage output as much as possible. It's more important to dodge a KAMI then to put in 1 combo to the enemy. Start to learn to time your RSB's to hit when your in range, and out of range while its on cooldown.

Voila! You either got 1 figged cuz your trash, or you rekt that noob! This is a detailed basic guide, but you should remember to always use your SMB/ISH/KAMI when they are ready.

Here is a small guide to fight 1v1's against your avg noob WITHOUT TECHS

1) Don't.... they are such a waste of ammo and offer no learning experience
2) If you insist to fight someone without tech items, then this is your guide.

Basically do the same as above, but when it comes to switch drone formation around 40% of your shields, you should switch to MOTH. It is the most effective method to kill someone quickly if they are not using tech items. It is also effective to start on your speed side, then when you lose about 10% of your HP, you can switch to your battle side (still in ring).

I only recommend that method^ if it is strictly a non-tech item fight and both pilots are average. When using moth, you want to make sure you remain on your battle side whilst in Moth for the longest duration of the fight which is why I insist on switching figs like 5s after you start the fight. You don't start battle side because you don't want to lose that bonus HP from the hercs.

I don't want to invest a lot of time into the non-tech item fights because they are usually always neck and neck. Ring > Moth are the most boring and noobiest fights to watch and participate in. In summary, DONT do it.

ADVANCED TACTICS

Okay, now let's assume you know the difference between and ISH and SMB now, and your not a 1 fig. You might be ready to handle these advanced tactics.

Most of the primary tactics are the same as the basic, however now we will trickle into some psychological/Pro tricks and this requires a lot more awareness.

PIB/Infection Method:

This is pretty easy to do, however not too big of a deal if its a full TECH items fights. However, it does help a little bit if used with a successful KAMI. This is like the best strategy to use in a moth fight without techs combined with KAMI. Pretty much a certain win.

⋆ Start the Fight with ICE Rocket and PIB ammo selected
⋆ Immediately Infect, then use the CPU to cure the enemy pilot
⋆ This will:
⋆ Reduce their HP by 10% right from the start
⋆ Used with Kami reduce their hp by atleast 120k
⋆ If you can get close enough, use your SMB here aswell

This is a pretty nifty trick to implement in 1v1's, it does more mind f*** and causes distress to the enemy pilot. A lot of 1v1's is just who messes up more, and who can outplay the other. Of Course this requires a CPU slot, and some awareness to do this whilst also dodging their KAMI.

ICE Rocket/DCR Rocket Trickery:

Alright, this might not be as used. I use this all the time, it guarantee's me a free KAMI hit on the pilot. 99% chance it works. Pretty much it deceits the enemy into using an ISH for no reason because they are thinking you will be using a KAMI, when in reality thats what you will do with your DCR.

⋆ Use your ICE Rocket, head towards them a little bit with your PET on Guard Mode
⋆ They will almost always use an ISH as they think a KAMI is on the way
⋆ Once they have wasted their ISH, select your DCR rocket and switch to KAMI
⋆ Watch them get FK'd by your kami now
⋆ They May EMP, but that's good as your not even in range for them to get free hits because your a smart player and know when you are going to use KAMI. You back up

Some tips now in general include:

⋆ Use Pincer when you are at 45% Shields, then switch to drill/diamond when about 35% shields left whilst your in ring
⋆ Use Chevron if they are using Spectrum Ability or just simply weave in and out of range until it expires
⋆ If you are behind in a fight, run and SAB your PET for some shields
⋆ Do NOT chase in wheel formation unless its 100% certain you get a kill (I don't chase at all, if they are running to PET rep, let them. You beat them once, you can PET rep and kill him again)
⋆ Combined with ICE/DCR you can also bait the enemy pilot into a Slow mine and use Kami with that. However this may also mean you hit yourself with the mine, so be prepared for an EMP by the enemy.
⋆ If its a serious 1v1, use Precision CPU (Xeno)
⋆ Kind of a noob tactic, so I don't use it. But you can cloak once you EMP for a second or 2 of shield regen/free combos
⋆ If you are both using tech and they use Moth (lol) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE CRAB AND ABUSE HIM OR JUST SWITCH TO DRILL + REP BOT AND JUST 1 FIG HIM
⋆ If you are fighting a Cyborg, don't use your EMP until they use the ability unless no abilities was specified. Even if they EMP, just switch to speed side, drop a slow mine and RUNNNN
⋆ A Shield Design is better than a surgeon in 1v1's. 10% Shield is usually more beneficial than 1 Additional BO2 on the ship.
⋆ If you are bad, and a noob in a moth fight. Saturn and Hav/Herc ONLY is pretty useful
⋆ You can choose to sub out the Red HLSTRM Launcher with the 3 Rocket Blue one. It shoots 6 Rockets almost as fast as the Red one, however if its not 16, then don't bother.
⋆ If the fight isn't very movement orientated. Consider using a Anti-Shield Mine on top of yourself then ISH before it will hit, real surprise for the enemy
⋆ Always use 3030's but if your rocket tech is on cooldown, its better to use 2021's.
⋆ Use RB instead of X4 because it misses less often
⋆ SAB/RSB combo's are only useful if you switched to your battle whilst their still on their speed side
⋆ If it is a serious 1v1, invest in repair speed and shield Regen double boosters. As Diamond and being out of range will boost your Regen by a lot
⋆ If you are strictly into PVP, consider changing your PP to include full rocket fusion and also 5/5 Mine Radius and also 5/5 Repair Speed
⋆ If you use EMP early on the battle side, you can get it back right before the end of the fight sometimes
⋆ Always use your PLD as soon as its up, it helps a little
⋆ Have your PET Auto REP on a easily accesible Hotkey. Mine is 'T', spam it when running

Thanks for reading this guide, I hope it did help you guys out a little. Some of these tips and guidelines are quite obvious but perhaps you learned some tactics you didn't know before. This took a while to write, so I hope it did help someone. Now go on, and no longer be that 1 fig you always were.

My Personal Hotkeys[Usually Have REP BOT on there as well]:

Advice From Others:
Quote:
BUT you also have Pro action bar which gives another 10 slots. That's good for small things like TECH, mines etc.
-MagicWizard98

A Video by Eastern Explaining some Configs/Tactics. Full Credits to Eastern

P.S. I strongly advise you don't use any RSB/X4 changer or Anti Cloak as if you do, you are a noob. Don't cheat yourself.

If anyone wants to include any tips/advice or correct mine, please comment below. And like my How to get UFE quickly thread. I will include your name and quote your suggestion and include it in my thread.

Kind Regards,

Snow
Thanks
19 Users
Old 12/22/2017, 22:52   #2

elite*gold: 0
Ok, now i have question. Who read everything ? XDD
Thanks
11 Users
Old 12/22/2017, 23:43   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaxo. View Post
Ok, now i have question. Who read everything ? XDD
Quote:
Table of Contents (Scroll down till the part your interested to read about)
⋆Basic Configs
⋆Basic Fighting Tactics(Long)
⋆Small Moth Fighting[Non-Tech] Tactics
⋆Advanced Tactics
-->PIB Method
-->ICE/DCR Method
⋆Tips
⋆My Hotkey Setup

For your convenience I have seperated each section with a blue header.
Added that in, for ease. However, if you really want to benefit, I advise reading it all. Maybe there's some things you don't know. Also, just want to point out. The headers had been there from the start to try to break things up.

Regards,

Snow
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/23/2017, 00:19   #4

elite*gold: 330
this is what i have been waiting for, thank you man
Old 12/23/2017, 00:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjesh12 View Post
this is what i have been waiting for, thank you man
All good, for future reference. You don't have to comment this, there is a button located under any post. If you find it helpful or perhaps agree with a stand point you can say so by simply pressing the 'thanks' button under the post. Prevents a spam of messages all saying, "I agree" or "Thanks man"
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2017, 01:30   #6

Its very funny reading this thread after spanking you 3 times in 1v1s
Old 12/23/2017, 02:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstrike1234 View Post
Its very funny reading this thread after spanking you 3 times in 1v1s
I haven't played seriously in about a year and a half, so, who is this? :P
Old 12/23/2017, 12:44   #8

nice and helpful guide/tutorial
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2017, 18:07   #9

elite*gold: 4
lol i think this is bad to much to use xD ... i didnt read all i think this can help very low players but nothing for me i **** ufe players with my low ship haha
Old 12/24/2017, 02:11   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachefaust View Post
lol i think this is bad to much to use xD ... i didnt read all i think this can help very low players but nothing for me i **** ufe players with my low ship haha
Maybe after this, those UFE players will f*ck you now :P
Old 12/25/2017, 01:44   #11

I like how you say, when he shoots ice do instashield fast so you negate his kami damage and he would have wasted his ice. But still you start with ice+kami when you know he has emp/ish up. I never start with kami/ice on bcs i know 8 out of the 10 times my opponent will use his ish/emp to get away from the kami. Than you would have wasted your ice and kami, while he still has both of them
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2017, 02:48   #12

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,723
As a snowman myself I agree with this!

All of this sounds pretty much fine, but we need to think about when you're doing npcs and when you're not.

We should add that you may activate another group of quickbar when having premium, and you need to fight and not to have npc quickbar.

Let's have quickbar picture for NPCs too, and PVP. (a few info for players to make another group for PVP).
I'm using currently "`" button to switch from quickbar to the premium quickbar, and then I'm ready to fight xD
Old 12/25/2017, 09:13   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackieNL View Post
I like how you say, when he shoots ice do instashield fast so you negate his kami damage and he would have wasted his ice. But still you start with ice+kami when you know he has emp/ish up. I never start with kami/ice on bcs i know 8 out of the 10 times my opponent will use his ish/emp to get away from the kami. Than you would have wasted your ice and kami, while he still has both of them
I suggested that for the basic 1v1 engagements. If you ICE + Kami right at the start, like ice manually when ur next to him in speed fig. It takes about a second for the combo. Maybe 4/10 people would ISH that fast.

However, if you are clearly not a noob at 1v1's. I suggest you do the DCR/ICE trick. Start with the ICE, bait the ISH. As you say, if 8/10 are going to ISH from an ICE rocket from the start. Great, back up. He wasted ISH, use a DCR or force him to hit a Slow Mine then kami. He has no choice but to EMP or take the kami hit.

Regards,

Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sήøwy View Post
As a snowman myself I agree with this!

All of this sounds pretty much fine, but we need to think about when you're doing npcs and when you're not.

We should add that you may activate another group of quickbar when having premium, and you need to fight and not to have npc quickbar.

Let's have quickbar picture for NPCs too, and PVP. (a few info for players to make another group for PVP).
I'm using currently "`" button to switch from quickbar to the premium quickbar, and then I'm ready to fight xD
If you find yourself in a 1v1 where there are NPC's around, then much of this doesnt really apply. At most you will encounter someone hunting in heart formation (speed side) and will have ring ready on the battle side. In that case, you take advantage of his lack of shields and either use moth with some Kami's, or activate E leech/Rep Bots and just continue to fight as you normally do.

9/10 anyone on a Non-PVP map, will be running just Heart/Moth/Drill. In that case, you know thats an easy kill.
Old 12/26/2017, 17:52   #14

I used to ice and then Kami, but not anymore. I agree with BlackieNL on this one.

DCR/ICE bait is decent but doesn't work against everybody. I'd suggest bait with DCR in order to get direct kami hit with ICE.

On my fights, whether that's agreed 1v1, random 1v1 on map or when I'm hunting, I tend to fight normally till the opponent has used both ISH as well as EMP and that's when I use ICE and Kami in order to hit a direct Kami. That's really deadly, especially if you are fighting against stronger players.

So I fight my opponent as I normally do, put Kami but won't use ICE or DCR, instead put slow mine and back away and by the time my opponent has used ISH and EMP as well as tried to ICE and Kami me without a success, I have my second Kami loaded with ICE. Most of the times this works for me, however, I don't use this technique always. I switch techniques, especially on 1v1s so the opponent doesn't expect me to e.g. Kami and use ICE on our next fight. (Hard to explain but you get the point)

--------

Want to get better, don't use it. Techs are usually enough, so don't always bother to use Precision CPU. (Just my opinion, because I've never actually used Precision CPU on a serious 1v1.)

⋆ If you are both using tech and they use Moth (lol) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE CRAB AND ABUSE HIM OR JUST SWITCH TO DRILL + REP BOT AND JUST 1 FIG HIM
This^ However, if neither of you have TECHS and the opponent uses Moth, switch to Moth too, don't bother using Crab because the second you switch to Crab your opponent will switch to Drill and drain your shields in seconds.

⋆ Always use 3030's but if your rocket tech is on cooldown, its better to use 2021's.
Well it's not always necessary to use 3030's & Target Precision, you should fight with 2021's and use 3030's in a serious 1v1 as there, techs are usually agreed. (I know your point in this though, just my opinion once again)

Really? No wonder lots of fighters uses RB instead of X4. LMAO didn't actually know this.

Careful with this as the opponent can easily use ISH or EMP (without knowing you are going to shoot PLD of course). Sometimes it's just bad luck if this happens.
Also a good thing, you can get lucky and use PLD after EMP or ISH. So, you are fighting an opponent, your PLD still reloading, you are on your battle config with Drill. Perhaps this is near at the end of the fight, you EMP blabla you ISH blabla then millisecond before your ISH ends, you shoot PLD. (Really good!)

Always place a slow mine if you are backing off on a fight, this can sometimes be a good time to kami. (Not always though!)
For hotkeys, sure Regular quickslot as wells as pro slot, BUT you also have Pro action bar which gives another 10 slots. That's good for small things like TECH, mines etc.
Think that's all for now.

P.S.
- Pretty good tutorial and I know this is a tutorial for the beginners so don't get hard on me of my opinions..
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2017, 19:38   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicWizard98 View Post
I used to ice and then Kami, but not anymore. I agree with BlackieNL on this one.

DCR/ICE bait is decent but doesn't work against everybody. I'd suggest bait with DCR in order to get direct kami hit with ICE.

On my fights, whether that's agreed 1v1, random 1v1 on map or when I'm hunting, I tend to fight normally till the opponent has used both ISH as well as EMP and that's when I use ICE and Kami in order to hit a direct Kami. That's really deadly, especially if you are fighting against stronger players.

So I fight my opponent as I normally do, put Kami but won't use ICE or DCR, instead put slow mine and back away and by the time my opponent has used ISH and EMP as well as tried to ICE and Kami me without a success, I have my second Kami loaded with ICE. Most of the times this works for me, however, I don't use this technique always. I switch techniques, especially on 1v1s so the opponent doesn't expect me to e.g. Kami and use ICE on our next fight. (Hard to explain but you get the point)

--------

Want to get better, don't use it. Techs are usually enough, so don't always bother to use Precision CPU. (Just my opinion, because I've never actually used Precision CPU on a serious 1v1.)

This^ However, if neither of you have TECHS and the opponent uses Moth, switch to Moth too, don't bother using Crab because the second you switch to Crab your opponent will switch to Drill and drain your shields in seconds.

Well it's not always necessary to use 3030's & Target Precision, you should fight with 2021's and use 3030's in a serious 1v1 as there, techs are usually agreed. (I know your point in this though, just my opinion once again)

Really? No wonder lots of fighters uses RB instead of X4. LMAO didn't actually know this.

Careful with this as the opponent can easily use ISH or EMP (without knowing you are going to shoot PLD of course). Sometimes it's just bad luck if this happens.
Also a good thing, you can get lucky and use PLD after EMP or ISH. So, you are fighting an opponent, your PLD still reloading, you are on your battle config with Drill. Perhaps this is near at the end of the fight, you EMP blabla you ISH blabla then millisecond before your ISH ends, you shoot PLD. (Really good!)

Always place a slow mine if you are backing off on a fight, this can sometimes be a good time to kami. (Not always though!)
For hotkeys, sure Regular quickslot as wells as pro slot, BUT you also have Pro action bar which gives another 10 slots. That's good for small things like TECH, mines etc.
Think that's all for now.

P.S.
- Pretty good tutorial and I know this is a tutorial for the beginners so don't get hard on me of my opinions..

Firstly, good for you for actually reading it all. Thanks!

Quote:
I'd suggest bait with DCR in order to get direct kami hit with ICE.
I disagree with you here. Many players, noob and better alike. Tend to not even notice that a DCR hit them, or rather expect a kami. 5/10 Someone will ISH when I DCR and pretend to KAMI. However, those other 5x I just wasted a DCR.

Either you must commit to DCR + Kami, or I think its better to use an ICE. Let's face it, 9/10 times when you ICE an opponent they will ISH. They are tricked into thinking you have kami'd. Then when you pile a DCR next with kami, 9/10 times they don't have an ISH.

Quote:
Want to get better, don't use it. (Precision CPU)
I don't think this has to do with skill at all. It simply allows you to get more hits and less miss. It doesn't hinder your 1v1 capabilities or skills like say, an RSB changer would. If you have Xeno, might as well use it. It will only help.

Quote:
Well it's not always necessary to use 3030's & Target Precision
Agreed.

Quote:
I tend to use PLD after they've ISH'd at the start of the fight. After using my ICE/DCR bait.

Quote:
BUT you also have Pro action bar which gives another 10 slots. That's good for small things like TECH, mines etc.
To be honest, I don't use that pro action bar. If you look at my hotkey picture there. Everything I need is accessible in my normal hotkeys. However it is not a bad idea to have some extra things on your action bar, I can agree there.

I appreciate the feedback greatly, I'm glad you learned something from this. Doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an expert. Sometimes you may not know it all.

Regards,

Snow