Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

bot bann system

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
bot bann system

do u have valid informations about how the bann system works ? i don't mean bad guesses or assumptions, i mean somebody who tested many things on different accounts and bots.
are pixel bots ALWAYS save ? do u think package bots got problems, because big point hacked the codes ?
pls share ur knowledge

Old   #2

There's not an antibot system that bans user everytime. They ban in ban waves. They can also add something new in main.swf by @Freshek !

Old   #3

On the official Discord server of DO an english dev said that they will upgrade their anti bot system in 2017 to be able to detect pixelbot users.Dunno if it's true,but i guess we will see with time.
Old   #4

elite*gold: 93
Received Thanks: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidrafan View Post
On the official Discord server of DO an english dev said that they will upgrade their anti bot system in 2017 to be able to detect pixelbot users.Dunno if it's true,but i guess we will see with time.
they said this since pixelbots are out!

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5

elite*gold: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidrafan View Post
They've been saying their going to be able to detect so much stuff, none of that ever happens. It's not going to happen for a long long time. They simply don't care, when people get restless they just do a small ban wave or introduce some "anti ban" threat.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,895
It depends a lot. Way back when PBDO was about to be shutdown Bigpoint added, from what we could tell, the first client side bot detection code since they added Honeyboxes way back in the early days. Basically, it hashed some files and if they had been modified, it flagged a variable which changed some rounding of the X and Y coordinates (in very simple terms, in reality it was much more complicated). What this meant is that they could easily detect people running modified clients, or people who were building packet bots and did not notice this code change, purely based on the X and Y coordinates sent every time they moved. Luckily I noticed this pretty quickly (by accident) and we were able to provide an update for it the same day.

Other than that, most of their bot detection code is server side. It's long been the belief that the biggest factor they have to go on is how long you play for each "day", but it has to be more complicated than that. Most likely they are doing behavioural analysis on a very large scale.

You asked for hard facts rather than speculation, but unfortunately, short of a DO admin coming here and telling us, we can only speculate on what their system may be.

Hope that helped.

-jD
Thanks
10 Users
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by »jD« View Post
It depends a lot. Way back when PBDO was about to be shutdown Bigpoint added, from what we could tell, the first client side bot detection code since they added Honeyboxes way back in the early days. Basically, it hashed some files and if they had been modified, it flagged a variable which changed some rounding of the X and Y coordinates (in very simple terms, in reality it was much more complicated). What this meant is that they could easily detect people running modified clients, or people who were building packet bots and did not notice this code change, purely based on the X and Y coordinates sent every time they moved. Luckily I noticed this pretty quickly (by accident) and we were able to provide an update for it the same day.

Other than that, most of their bot detection code is server side. It's long been the belief that the biggest factor they have to go on is how long you play for each "day", but it has to be more complicated than that. Most likely they are doing behavioural analysis on a very large scale.

You asked for hard facts rather than speculation, but unfortunately, short of a DO admin coming here and telling us, we can only speculate on what their system may be.

Hope that helped.

-jD
This is more than a good answer. We thank you !