Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 04:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Android dark orbit clone ?

Discussion on Android dark orbit clone ? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

View Poll Results: Do you want an online mobile DO clone ?
Yes 47 74.60%
No 16 25.40%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Android dark orbit clone ?

Hi, it's been a while I havn't posted here.
After developing Orbit Legacy and (now offline) I was thinking of making a mobile MMO, so why not an other DO like game ?

I have already set up the networking between the server and the app (only android for now) But before going into coding the game itself I first wanted to know if the community is interested in a 'mobile DO' so please comment and tell me what you think about this idea (positive and negative)

(I am planning to make a pc version of the mobile game that will be playable on the same server)

There are a lot of pc private servers already but some are not very stable and the number of players rarely goes over 50 online users at a time. I rely miss the experience of very large PvP battles that are rare even on official DO servers.

few images to illustrate the PvP battles if you've forgotten :
I was thinking maybe having a mobile version makes it easier to have a lot of players at a time since you can play mobile games anywhere as long as you have your mobile phone (and battery charged) and there are no other really good DO like mobile MMO (I think ?) so I won't have much competition for players.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/29/2016, 15:25   #2

elite*gold: 100
Why did you stop Stellar-Legacy ? And where you found the graphics for that game ? You draw them ? And i am also making a online remix project you think it's worth it ?
Old 12/29/2016, 16:38   #3

elite*gold: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by [-DarKShooteR-] View Post
Why did you stop Stellar-Legacy ? And where you found the graphics for that game ? You draw them ? And i am also making a online remix project you think it's worth it ?
they made own graphics

about android do clone good idea i need it cuz i dont have pc
Old 12/29/2016, 19:59   #4

The Black Market: 206/0/0
I've played orbit legacy and stellar legacy and yeah I loved them at the time, I think it's a great idea but at the same time I don't think these kind of games are good for mobile phones, I mean, I don't know if I would like to play them on my phone, but that's just me, but mostly probably like it, and coming from you it would be a cool game I think
Old 12/29/2016, 23:52   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-DarKShooteR-] View Post
Well Stellar-Legacy became a big stress to manage, had to always do updates to keep players active, tried to find a team to help but things only got worst, lots of players left, with fewer players the game became repetitive and boring. Also the base coding was horrible (I started coding SL when I was 16) lagged when a lot of players were online, so at a point I had to redo everything from scratch, private servers were coming out and coding games is just not my job (I study biology and chemistry by the way) so I gave up.

I make my own 3D models now, : here's a preview of the one i'm planning to use, there are other variations and colors depending one the upgrade but that will be a surprise

ps: I am not very good at 2D graphics if someone wants to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Unicorn' View Post
I've played orbit legacy and stellar legacy and yeah I loved them at the time, I think it's a great idea but at the same time I don't think these kind of games are good for mobile phones, I mean, I don't know if I would like to play them on my phone, but that's just me, but mostly probably like it, and coming from you it would be a cool game I think
Yeah that's why I am going to do something a little different that will be better for phone usage where you can just login and play 2min pvp like you would play agario.io ( you can't do anything in 2min on darkorbit ) so it will be more OrbitLegacy style but still different.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/30/2016, 00:00   #6

The Black Market: 206/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gueuledange View Post
Well Stellar-Legacy became a big stress to manage, had to always do updates to keep players active, tried to find a team to help but things only got worst, lots of players left, with fewer players the game became repetitive and boring. Also the base coding was horrible (I started coding SL when I was 16) lagged when a lot of players were online, so at a point I had to redo everything from scratch, private servers were coming out and coding games is just not my job (I study biology and chemistry by the way) so I gave up.

I make my own 3D models now, (If you want something done well, better do it yourself haha) : where's a preview of the one i'm planning to use, there are other variations and colors depending one the upgrade but that will be a surprise

Yeah that's why I am going to do something a little different that will be better for phone usage where you can just login and play 2min pvp like you would play agario.io ( you can't do anything in 2min on darkorbit ) so it will be more OrbitLegacy style but still different.

Oh, okay, I'll definetly try if you decide to make it
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/30/2016, 04:48   #7

elite*gold: 32
Your 2d ship look amazing i love it xd
Old 12/30/2016, 09:02   #8

elite*gold: 21
It's not 2D LOL
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/30/2016, 10:05   #9

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gueuledange View Post

I make my own 3D models now, : here's a preview of the one i'm planning to use, there are other variations and colors depending one the upgrade but that will be a surprise

ps: I am not very good at 2D graphics if someone wants to help

what language u use for your game and what program for 3d models ?
Old 01/24/2017, 01:32   #10

just remember, the mouse for targeting is rather "well-made" for darkorbitreloaded (i refuse to call this darkorbit)

and updating that for mobiles with touches... not good, unless you are willing to add the "galaxy on fire 3" kind of controls... else it will be kinda of a clusterfuck. due to screen sizes, not everyone owns tablets and phone screens aren't big...

@
try blender, it's cool and easy to begin with, then you can go for other types of 3D modeling programs.
Old 01/24/2017, 20:51   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall57 View Post
just remember, the mouse for targeting is rather "well-made" for darkorbitreloaded (i refuse to call this darkorbit)

and updating that for mobiles with touches... not good, unless you are willing to add the "galaxy on fire 3" kind of controls... else it will be kinda of a clusterfuck. due to screen sizes, not everyone owns tablets and phone screens aren't big...

@
try blender, it's cool and easy to begin with, then you can go for other types of 3D modeling programs.

I have tested on mobile and it is true that the smaller screens makes a big difference, it's way smaller, so it is obvious that I will have to adapt if i want the game to be enjoyable to play regarding the controls and the eye comfort.

For the ship movement I am definitely using the same method as "galaxy on fire 3", a sort of virtual joystick on the bottom left corner.

Then for locking other spaceships you will have to touch them ( I didn't find any other idea for locking, if you think you have a better idea please share )

I do use blender for 3D modeling.
Old 01/24/2017, 23:07   #12
Trade Restricted

i think this is a great idea! i would play it