Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 11:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Bring the old DarkOrbit back

Discussion on Bring the old DarkOrbit back within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Bring the old DarkOrbit back

Hello guys,

As you can see, darkorbit changes every day more and more and in my opinion, it's no longer that great game as it was.. So I'd like to know, why we have a big amount of PvP servers and a few PvE servers using the new client, but we have no server that uses the old one (I mean really old client like 2009 - no nasty design of ships, no sh*tty npcs, no needless updates and just old but gold darkorbit), I bet that there are thousands of ppl like me that would do everything for a chance to play it again. Is it the BP copyright that makes people be scared of making server like this ? I think that it shouldn't be such a big problem - servers with new files aren't shut down as well ... Please, don't close this thread after one reply, I wanna see some discussion about that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2016, 11:22   #2

elite*gold: 1
@ once made one like that.
The main issue is getting the old files and coding a compatible server for it.
I used to have the old files but I guess I've lost them over time.
Old 12/17/2016, 11:52   #3

Old client files got very outdated and unstable.
We are trying to bring the 2013 experience back to the game with better rewards and some new features =)
It will surely take us some good time finishing it but we will do our best!
Old 12/17/2016, 11:57   #4

Yeah, I played there. Maybe you remember nick POWERFUL - I had general several days
I think you're true .. And it makes me sad. However, about six months ago BP wanted to make one "oldschool" server, so I was really eager and couldn't wait for that. Suddenly they stopped the project and I really don't understand why, cause what they said "we can't make old server, everything has changed; flash player, browsers, definitions, etc." is difficult to believe that their coders couldn't solve this problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMANDERBUHMAN View Post
Old client files got very outdated and unstable.
We are trying to bring the 2013 experience back to the game with better rewards and some new features =)
It will surely take us some good time finishing it but we will do our best!
And it will be PvE or just PvP ?
Old 12/17/2016, 12:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker365 View Post
Yeah, I played there. Maybe you remember nick POWERFUL - I had general several days
I think you're true .. And it makes me sad. However, about six months ago BP wanted to make one "oldschool" server, so I was really eager and couldn't wait for that. Suddenly they stopped the project and I really don't understand why, cause what they said "we can't make old server, everything has changed; flash player, browsers, definitions, etc." is difficult to believe that their coders couldn't solve this problems.

And it will be PvE or just PvP ?
They stopped because of lack of resources. (Money)

Server will be PvPvE (Basically old Darkorbit)
Old 12/17/2016, 12:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMANDERBUHMAN View Post
They stopped because of lack of resources. (Money)

Server will be PvPvE (Basically old Darkorbit)
That's what they only care about - money.

Please PM me when it's online. Im looking forward^^
Old 12/17/2016, 13:43   #7

elite*gold: 43
Quote:
That's what they only care about - money.

Please PM me when it's online. Im looking forward^^
you would care too!

every company have to make money!

they have to pay their bills. their workers.

the game is complete free. so how should the game make money than pay2win?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/17/2016, 14:04   #8

Received Thanks: 2,380
I have made a complete old pserver for a friend in the past, I can put that online but it is like no fun with only 4 lasers and 2 specials imo
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/17/2016, 19:56   #9

elite*gold: 15
Exclamation Epvp

Quote:
Hello guys,

As you can see, darkorbit changes every day more and more and in my opinion, it's no longer that great game as it was.. So I'd like to know, why we have a big amount of PvP servers and a few PvE servers using the new client, but we have no server that uses the old one (I mean really old client like 2009 - no nasty design of ships, no sh*tty npcs, no needless updates and just old but gold darkorbit), I bet that there are thousands of ppl like me that would do everything for a chance to play it again. Is it the BP copyright that makes people be scared of making server like this ? I think that it shouldn't be such a big problem - servers with new files aren't shut down as well ... Please, don't close this thread after one reply, I wanna see some discussion about that.
you are quite right I would also like to come out an old-style server but it suno matter of this make pvp server version that already in the real darkorbit and it suno play and close in a hurry when the wax darkplanets servers and large server we would want one like that but with old iris once
Old 12/17/2016, 20:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryz35 View Post
I have made a complete old pserver for a friend in the past, I can put that online but it is like no fun with only 4 lasers and 2 specials imo
Can you give me the files? Only flash files, I'll try to create a server like darkorbit in 2008, it would be something new since we do not have any pvpve server of this version (none that I know) I know is outdated but it was fun playing with friends and it is Much lighter than the current version
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2016, 21:13   #11

For who want to create a new 2008 darkorbit server. Me and my friends ready to play with 20people or more And about money if creators make GOOD server , peoples pay it.
If anyone make 2008old darkorbit server (aliens x2 or x3 rewards maybe) i will ready to play it. And if you share server on Turkish forums more clans wanted it.
2008 darkorbit = clan wars 2010 darkorbit = GET 1V1 REKT M8 MLG 420 BLAZE IT
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2016, 21:29   #12

Received Thanks: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by *-Linkin™-*ITA View Post
For who want to create a new 2008 darkorbit server. Me and my friends ready to play with 20people or more And about money if creators make GOOD server , peoples pay it.
If anyone make 2008old darkorbit server (aliens x2 or x3 rewards maybe) i will ready to play it. And if you share server on Turkish forums more clans wanted it.
Soon you may see a server like that
Thanks
5 Users
Old 12/18/2016, 02:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryz35 View Post
Soon you may see a server like that
This would be great to see
Old 12/24/2016, 23:24   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by *-Linkin™-*ITA View Post
Totally agree with you.. There are many players that would do everything to play it again, so the money won't be problem at all :-)

Tags
old.client.server.back