Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server Populations?

Discussion on Server Populations? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 60
Server Populations?

Hey all,
I'm looking about getting back into this game, but I dont want to buy an account on a dead server. What are the highest population US servers?
I know there used to be a site that had the populations of each server, but I have no idea what the site is anymore. If someone could link that, it would be super nice!

Donke,
iDJ Jesus
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/21/2015, 11:50   #2

elite*gold: 0
i'd say global america 1 since players from all over the world are playing on this server and there are some youtubers such as TerrorTheLegend
Old 07/21/2015, 11:59   #3

One of the most populated servers is Global Europe 1 ( maiby is the best ). Btw, if a popular youtuber plays on GA1, dosen't mean that is populated.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/21/2015, 13:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullElitex View Post
One of the most populated servers is Global Europe 1 ( maiby is the best ). Btw, if a popular youtuber plays on GA1, dosen't mean that is populated.
actually it is a good reason i know many do player who switched to ag1 just because there are always players online AND because there is terror and rindpimf on this server.

by the way he was asking for a us server not a european... thats why i didnt talked about this server which is obivously the most populated during europeans prime time but pretty empty during the night not like ag1
Old 07/22/2015, 02:32   #5

elite*gold: 60
Is DO like LoL when it comes to ping? Where if you live in US, you get terrible ping when going to servers in Europe? Or is it fine because its a browser game that doesn't require as much information to transfer?
Old 07/22/2015, 03:01   #6

elite*gold: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDJ Jesus View Post
Is DO like LoL when it comes to ping? Where if you live in US, you get terrible ping when going to servers in Europe? Or is it fine because its a browser game that doesn't require as much information to transfer?
For me, this is false because I play a de7 ship and I have an American based connection.

So no, but I guess it depends. However, on my side I do not have a bad connection to a Europe server, when I am at home using American connection.

However, I could be wrong in this reply.

Hope I helped.

`Basti
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/22/2015, 04:21   #7

If you want full action ill recommand you AG(1?) i dont know amercans servers, but mostly GE1, big population and always fights.

If you want to have an easy time playing, with an easy way to climb the ladder, but that will not contain a lot of players, choose a specific country srveur, for exemple France 4: Really low population but easy solo cube 24/7
Old 07/22/2015, 12:09   #8

Quote:
ull get around 120-150 of ping playing from the us on a european server (depends on if you are from east or west coast) but honestly playing do with ~150 of ping is not much of a problem since their is no need for precision and split second reaction like in cs or lol, after all you are locked to your enemy 90% of the time...
Old 07/22/2015, 13:07   #9

elite*gold: 70
Quote:
That question is irrelevant, you will always have a better connection, when you're closer to the server you choose. It's pretty much the same as the network connection at your home. The closer you're to the modem, the better connection you have.
Old 07/24/2015, 01:12   #10

i currently live in germany and im playing on global america 1, which is a pretty active server i only can recommend... the ping is ok, cant feel the difference to a german server while playing, guess the servers arent that much away from together u know? xD
Old 07/24/2015, 18:16   #11

elite*gold: 17
Received Thanks: 1,737
These 3 servers have biggest population:
Global Europe 1
Global America 1
Germany 1
Old 07/24/2015, 18:55   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by epete View Post
These 3 servers have biggest population:
Global Europe 1
Global America 1
Germany 1
the problem with server dedicated to specific communities such as germany is that you won't be able to play the game in english or whatever languages u'd like to use, you can only do that on an international server such as global america or global europe.