Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 17:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What's changed since I've been gone?

Discussion on What's changed since I've been gone? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 07/04/2014, 19:49   #46

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by K@mel View Post
Why u think so?
I think he was main developer/tech lead.
Oh and what's jD? Tell me

(You may go further in pm as we are spamming ^^)
Old 07/04/2014, 19:56   #47

jizzing with joy.. i will maybe return to DO if jD brings a safe bot back..
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2014, 20:13   #48

elite*gold: 490
welcome back jD, we are whaiting your new projets for do
Old 07/04/2014, 20:18   #49

JD could make quick packet bot and we all could use like 100 accs at same time to bring dos server down XD
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2014, 20:23   #50

elite*gold: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstockctrl View Post
jizzing with joy.. i will maybe return to DO if jD brings a safe bot back..
In this case i will back too
Old 07/04/2014, 21:55   #51

elite*gold: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by melikhan View Post
Because he said it doesn't mean it has to happen
yea you can say it oppositely too but its already 1 year and 3 months so..
Old 07/04/2014, 22:59   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by melikhan View Post
Oh and what's jD? Tell me

(You may go further in pm as we are spamming ^^)
jD joined to them after some months of development. He wasnt founder or main developer.
Old 07/04/2014, 23:00   #53

Can you PM your skype to me?
Old 07/05/2014, 00:04   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by »jD« View Post
Hey guys,

I realized just the other week that has been almost 6 months since my last post on ePvPers. I've recently had my interest in the DarkOrbit community reignited by a few of my friends getting back into the game so I thought I'd take a look at where things have gotten to.

I know the first question for a lot of you will be "Is the private server still being developed?". Over the last six months it hasn't been but I plan to change all that. Those who know me understand that I am in my final year of schooling (final semester actually, YAY!) so I am under the pump to do well at school. Due to that I have tried to stay away from anything that will "distract" me too much from my studies. In three months or so exams will be over and I will finally have the free time a lot of the people around here wish for! This means that in roughly three months the private server will be under full time development! The plans for it haven't changed at all so you can all still expect big things

Whilst I've been away I've actually been working on a few other open source projects. Those following the news may have seen my name (jduncanator) pop up in a few articles here and there so you'll know what I'm talking about. I've decided to invest my time elsewhere as I didn't agree with the direction those projects were taking!

So thats really it, the last 6 months have really been involved in the aforementioned projects along with a few other little hobbies like writing a Javascript port of Diffie Hellman (which I have a nice experience with considering its the negotiation protocol Bigpoint use to handshake their encryption keys in DarkOrbit! )

So what has changed since I've been gone? How are you all? Who's who? Any new awesome developers gotten into the DarkOrbit scene?

I'm investigating changes to the DarkOrbit code base at the moment. Thankfully my version tracker software worked flawlessly (more or less) for the last 6 months so I have a copy of every single main.swf file out there What have I found? Well, in case there IS anyone out there still developing things for DarkOrbit:
  • They now pay attention to the hashes of three resources loaded from resources.xml. They are replacementCollectables.swf, box2.swf and ore_palladium.swf. All three of those are understandable as they have had anti-bot code in them for over 6 months (it was there before I left). It also houses parts of their anti-reverse protection (houses code used to decrypt the code that is used to decrypt the "obfuscation" algorithms used to encrypt game packets after they are RC4 encrypted. Yes, Bigpoint wasted a lot of time encrypting everything... and then writing thousands of lines of code decrypting it)
  • This leads me onto the next change. New anti-pixelbot code. They now verify VISUALLY that the resources for bonus boxes, palladium and other collectables hasn't been modified. They now sample three to four pixels in the graphics used for the above collectables and verify they are correct. They then forward these up to the big man himself, Bigpoint in their "encrypted" event stream with event code flash.bd.crc. I'm not sure if anyone is actually using this method for pixel bots but if you are and you haven't nulled this protection, watch out!
    UPDATE: Turns out they also send a JPEG Encoded version of the "replaced" SWF file in the event stream too. Dunno what they will be using this for but they could probably use the data for further anti-bot code updates or possibly for identifying individual bots.
  • And onwards it is! They also now randomly tint boxes/collectables at runtime. They tint it by a factor of 0.3 (as of 8.3.1) and the tint change range is between 0 and 16777215. Just be careful if you are using a crappy pixel find algorithm! (Or even worst a image lookup algorithm!)
  • Now, if they detect that the hashes of those files don't match, they will set two variables that are used in even further anti-bot code. This anti-bot code has been around for almost a year now (was already implemented in PBDO-Bot) that modifies X and Y coord values in the game. I'm not exactly sure what will happen but it is evident that they are modifying the values of X and Y sent to the server. The server could (and probably does) use this to detect a bot. THIS ONE AFFECTS BOTH PACKET AND PIXEL BOTS!

I will keep updating this as I find more stuffz but as you can see, in the 5 minutes I went looking, its pretty obvious they are still adding more and more anti-bot code. To be honest, that second and third point above is the first time I have seen them actively combat pixel bots, BE CAREFUL!

-jD
wrath or chaos?

#Edit: maybe roguesparter?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2014, 00:18   #55

Woohoo, our superman is back!
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2014, 02:17   #56

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuilis911 View Post
wrath or chaos?

#Edit: maybe roguesparter?
None of them Chaos is my brother so if hes playing again, would be a big surprise! Someone from another server we used to play with ^^ Don't wanna give to much info out to protect them haha

Just an update, its trivial to bypass their SWF modification protection. Bypassing their tinting algorithm is also trivial. I will consider releasing the information but only after I finish my bot

-jD
Thanks
9 Users
Old 07/05/2014, 12:22   #57

Quote:
None of them Chaos is my brother so if hes playing again, would be a big surprise! Someone from another server we used to play with ^^ Don't wanna give to much info out to protect them haha

Just an update, its trivial to bypass their SWF modification protection. Bypassing their tinting algorithm is also trivial. I will consider releasing the information but only after I finish my bot

-jD
I saw chaos in couple of times and wrath loged in 3 times in past year...
Old 07/05/2014, 12:27   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetexi View Post
Can you PM your skype to me?
PFFFF, what are u doing here
Old 07/05/2014, 20:28   #59

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never(*) View Post
PFFFF, what are u doing here
Dirty things.

Welcome back -jD
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/05/2014, 21:33   #60

Quote:

-jD
will it be background bot? and will it collect palla and boxes or just boxes?