Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 16:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

jD - Press Release Regarding Corrupt Bigpoint

Discussion on jD - Press Release Regarding Corrupt Bigpoint within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 04/22/2013, 08:11   #46

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDJ Jesus View Post
Apparently, I'm one of the few people that have a problem with what JD has said. He's basically spoon feeding them how to stop bots from working, or banning people that use a bot. Sure, they may have had ideas how to stop botters, but now that they here it coming from one of the best known devs, you can bet they will start doing little things here and there to help ban botters. Sure, they won't go into a purge mode and get rid of all the botters, that would kill the game entirely, but they will be watching the higher ranking players that don't pay much money for the game.

I did find it interesting though that they banned JD, as he wasn't doing anything wrong, and he did have a lot of good pointers (such as the way to get rid of autolocks)

Also, to me, it kind of looked like JD was trying to get hired by DO, he brought it up a couple times that he had wanted to join them at the beginning, and it looked like he was kind of putting in his application, with all the postings about how difficult it was creating a bot, that he was fluent in 10 different languages, and he knew how to stop bots from working correctly

Was I the only person that saw it? JD, if you could clear this up for me, that would be great
I was not spoon feeding them how to stop bots. I was spoon feeding them how to develop a script to detect autolocks. If you read the thread, and if you know me, I hate autolocks!

No I wasn't fishing for a job. Never at bigpoint! I was simply pointing out the fact, in plain terms to a poster on the thread, how bots are so hard to develop. I also don't think I mentioned once how to stop bots, I simply reiterated what bigpoint HAD DONE in the PAST as bigpoint say they are doing all this stuff to catch bots, but where they lack, is technical details that actually prove they are doing something. I think that all players, whether botters or not, should know what Bigpoint are doing to their game, and I will be just as friendly to legitimate players as to botting players, as at the end of the day, we are all still players!

-jD
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/22/2013, 08:13   #47

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by »jD« View Post
I was not spoon feeding them how to stop bots. I was spoon feeding them how to develop a script to detect autolocks. If you read the thread, and if you know me, I hate autolocks!

-jD
ill agree with you . autolock is destroy the game.
Old 04/22/2013, 08:17   #48

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosges View Post
Am i aslept? DJ is telling BP how to ban autolockers??? Why are you doing that? It is probably that they knew that before you said, but why? Just because you dont like them? Unbelievable...
First of all, my names jD Second of all, the method of catching them I posted there was SO SIMPLE. If bigpoint honestly hadn't have thought of that already, then I am seriously considering their mentality and where they stole all their latests anti bot code from :P

In my opinion, there are so many different ways you could catch bots, I was simply pointing out the fact that Bigpoint is lazy, and because Anti-bot = Money, they aren't willing to invest in it!

-jD
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/22/2013, 09:19   #49

Really nice work jD !!
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04/22/2013, 11:26   #50

JD i agree don't much care for the auto-lockers myself but even if they get rid of all the main program auto's wouldn't they still have the pixels that cant even be detected so there still gonna be around?
please if i am wrong correct me

Oh and JD all the main auto-locks are down so is there something out there still clicking cloakers (pixel don't do that right?)before they even enter there screen? got locked and circled by a vengi out side my screen today, even dropped back emped and never stopped shooting
Old 04/22/2013, 14:14   #51

elite*gold: 6301
Received Thanks: 5,309
For old players (like me ) this topic isn't a new/hot info. I had problems with polish forum team for over few years so I know how the way goes.

They don't care about forum rules. They only care about things which are convenient for them.
Old 04/25/2013, 17:34   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by »jD« View Post
In my opinion, there are so many different ways you could catch bots, I was simply pointing out the fact that Bigpoint is lazy, and because Anti-bot = Money, they aren't willing to invest in it!

-jD
its not about the money, if bots can not update, darkorbit dies. Even bigpoint knows this! Nobody wants pay crazy price for **** game! everybody knows that. And I can bet 60% of population of darkorbit will leave at the day bots can no more updating! Also why everybody 'slates' bigpoint for being greedy for money? I know , they suck! and since they bringed even galaxy gates in game i knew it would only get worse! i think all knowed that, But you don't think even bot developer also just greedy for money? It's true! So I think to shut up about bigpoint being greedy.. It was in discussion since 2010, and ranting, will never change bigpoint to be greedy. Or Bot-Developers.

Regards
Old 04/25/2013, 18:33   #53

my opinion

buissnes are buissnes, so... euros talks...

if BG wants to catch cheaters is very easy... but they are affraid... thinks that the profit by uridum, premium, etc not will goiing up if did it...

the rumor always was IBOT and/or KBOT is a mask of BP and make money from both sides

i think... enjoy this game... make your move... and play, just play... no try to think like BP director or manager, they got the job, but you... what do you got?, sorry... but nothing...

JD i am with you!

SPEAR