Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 06:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Tips on Creating a bot?

Discussion on Tips on Creating a bot? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Tips on Creating a bot?

I'm a computer programmer and thinking about writing my own bot but was wondering how you normally interact with the game?

Do most bots just run an embedded web browser using javascript? Or do they use screen capture and use manual mouse clicks?

What are the honey boxes?

Any tips on getting started would be great
Old 10/05/2011, 03:31   #2

elite*gold: 20
Some are pixel bots; which just control your mouse, and scan the screen to decide what to do (based on pixel colour)... not really the best of bots....

Any decent bot such as kBot, etc etc etc use sockets to communicate with the game

regards
Tw

P.s - A honey box is a false box; A player can't see it, but a bot would; Bots would collect them; DO knows a player cant see them to collect them; hence; you pick up honey boxes, DO know you're... using a tool to pick them up.
Old 10/05/2011, 03:47   #3

a pixel bot wouldn't see the honeyboxes though, correct?

How do you detect the honeyboxes with sockets?

With a pixel bot... is there a way to hide all the HUD so it doesn't get picked up when scanning for boxes?

How do you communicate with the flash using sockets? Wouldn't it just be communicating with your app as a server and never be able to update the bigpoint server with what you've done?
Old 10/05/2011, 04:21   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontek View Post
a pixel bot wouldn't see the honeyboxes though, correct?

How do you detect the honeyboxes with sockets?

With a pixel bot... is there a way to hide all the HUD so it doesn't get picked up when scanning for boxes?

How do you communicate with the flash using sockets? Wouldn't it just be communicating with your app as a server and never be able to update the bigpoint server with what you've done?
in a socket based bot, there is a md5 code along with other codes to detect and avoid honey boxes, these can be figred out, i dont really know how
Old 10/05/2011, 07:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow[PRIME] View Post
in a socket based bot, there is a md5 code along with other codes to detect and avoid honey boxes, these can be figred out, i dont really know how
from main.swf honeybox and md5 and client version can be found out
Old 10/05/2011, 07:25   #6

Since Pixelbots are somewhat outdated i recommend you writing a Bot that directly communicates with the gameserver. The actual game (the map) is realised in Flash and they are using XMLSockets for communication.
So what does that mean?
You part is it now to "emulate" the real client. To find out what stuff you have to send/request you can find very easily by using a Network-traffic-capture program. My favorite is Wireshark, but that's just me.
If you can somehow now figure out how the game talks to the servers you can simply do that same stuff and perform your own actions, but until then it's a long way for "not-so-experienced" programmers.
Also on a side note I recommend drawing mindmaps for everything you could possibly draw one for. The full client might seem a little complex to beginners so that should help you keeping track of things.

I'm looking forward to your first creation!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sontek View Post
is there a way to hide all the HUD so it doesn't get picked up when scanning for boxes?
Press "h"?
Old 10/05/2011, 17:57   #7

elite*gold: 2222
The Black Market: 204/1/0
Received Thanks: 5,106
md5 has nothing to do with honeys. it´ßs only to detect a change in on server client.

if u are a programmer u should know how a packet based bot works...