Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Counter-Strike
You last visited: Today at 17:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement
Bitcoin Dice Game

Need Review for new Cs:Go oriented project

Discussion on Need Review for new Cs:Go oriented project within the Counter-Strike forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need Review for new Cs:Go oriented project

Hey guys,

Needed some input on a new project of mine - Gamebet (). Basically the product allows the gaming demographic to use their Bitcoins to bet on an upcoming E-sports tournament. Currently the following games have been integrated

• Hearthstone
  • Counterstrike
  • Hearth of the storm
  • Dota 2
  • League of Legends

Basically, the crypto element comes where-in gamers can use their Bitcoin / crypto-currencies to bet upon coming matches and withdraw their holdings. This allows anyone, from anywhere in the world to use the network to bet on matches and have their rewards sent back instantaneously. In a large number of cases the matches are accompanied with a live-stream of the match permitting them to see what goes on during the event.

There is also a marketplace that permits the users to list their in-game items for Bitcoins. Since a large number of users often do not possess Bitcoin, but rather in-game items from Steam's walled economy, this system permits them to either bet with a token we issue (steam silver) or use their Bitcoins to buy other items. This has a number of benefits including

• Users can now trade their items for other items in a relatively trusted environment
  • Users that bet with their items can choose what other items they wish to buy with their winnings
  • Users with Bitcoin now have a wide variety of in-game items they can choose from

I just launched the product in its latest avatar with the marketplace enabled and a new UI. Please do leave me a review / thoughts on what I could better to improvise the project and how I can make it more appealing to users.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read

Regards

Old 03/03/2016, 22:16   #2

elite*gold: 6
Stopped reading after the word "bet"...

There are already too many of these "projects"

Old 03/03/2016, 22:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoeRli View Post
Stopped reading after the word "bet"...

There are already too many of these "projects"
Haha, I understand where you're coming from.
But I do think what I made is different.
None of the others offer the choice / options we currently.
Old 03/03/2016, 22:39   #4

Nevertheless it is a betting site like any other betting site out there, I guess. ( without visiting your site )
Fact ( and let's be true )... every gambling/betting site was made to get the commission.

Old 03/03/2016, 22:44   #5

Quote:
Nevertheless it is a betting site like any other betting site out there, I guess. ( without visiting your site )
Fact ( and let's be true )... every gambling/betting site was made to get the commission.
So you hate them because they have a commission as a part of their business model / sustainance requirements?

Just trying to understand your philosophy here.
Also, the presence of other players in the industry does not make a product useless at launch provided it has differentiators imo. Eg : google / yahoo - and myspace/facebook
Old 03/03/2016, 22:58   #6

The first two/three gambling/betting sites were "ok". Yes I think that they only wanted to get the commissions as well but it was also "positive/enriching" for the community to have some different sites where you can go to. Every following site want to have the commissions only. It might be different on your betting site... But I have my opinion to this topic
Old 03/03/2016, 23:02   #7

Quote:
The first two/three gambling/betting sites were "ok". Yes I think that they only wanted to get the commissions as well but it was also "positive/enriching" for the community to have some different sites where you can go to. Every following site want to have the commissions only. It might be different on your betting site... But I have my opinion to this topic
Sure, early variants do have their own roles/places in the history of the game but as long as you add value to the ecosystem, I believe you are not a cheap rip off. Glad to hear what you had to say none the less.

« Cs go config ? | CS:GO Server [Brauche hilfe] »