Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 07:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Some chars are born lucky

Discussion on Some chars are born lucky within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Okays.... I have a theory.. some chars are JUST BORN LUCKY!

Not sure if they are born that way or what, but this is what it could be:

It could depend how fast you lvl, or it could be determined at birth(when your char is created), but my theory is all chars have a diff "luck"

For instence.... two chars go to hunt in the same area at the same time, they are the same lvl and they got the same equips...

1 char could have a 3X better chance of getting a super ring then the other, but the other could have a 5X better chance of getting a super neckly.....

So my theory is one of two things....

1: Each char has random "luck" stats that are decided at birth, these lucky stats are drop rates
2: Each char has drop rates increased or decreased until completed depending on how successful or fast they lvl.

Let's face it.... if drop rates were random, then people would be getting ALOT more items in teh robins then they do now because the more robins getting killed, the more... well.... you get my point
Old 05/07/2007, 23:12   #2

dude....i wont flame u, but u will get flamed. the theory is totally random, u have no facts to back it up
btw, there is no such thing as drop rate, server decides the rate of dropping quality items, server decides mobs respawn, etc.
Old 05/08/2007, 00:53   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by SBX1xyz@May 7 2007, 14:12
dude....i wont flame u, but u will get flamed. the theory is totally random, u have no facts to back it up
btw, there is no such thing as drop rate, server decides the rate of dropping quality items, server decides mobs respawn, etc.
says someone with no karma

@ theory, i think it's true, whenever i hunt with full normal i tend to get ****** drops, however when i switch to eli/super, i get more mets and +1s
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/08/2007, 01:52   #4

elite*gold: 20
There is really no way to know for sure without looking at the server code itself. It could be ANYTHING. Considering the possibility of such random events it could make it look like a multitude of possibilities from pregenerated luck values to pure random drop chances.
Old 05/09/2007, 09:24   #5

well i may be risking a little flame action here myself but here are the plain facts without prejudice.........
the first char on each server ive made have always been whopper lucky now i cant say its the first acct registered per email address..or perhaps something im not seeing but thats the way it seems to be.... (especially in the lottery :P first db = top moneybag , 2 stone packs, xp pots) every db since ==puuuure **** :P
might be wrong..but then again i might not be ......
[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=OBEY THE ANGRY MONKEY' border='0' alt='OBEY THE ANGRY MONKEY' />
Old 05/09/2007, 11:21   #6

Well I might as well flow my 2 cents into the topic too.

It can be noted that most online rpg games do have luck values for each character that are not shown to the player, frankly I would be surprised if Conquer Online did not have a luck value. The question is though, how is it set, how is it modified, and when can it change.

One thing I have noticed with my archer, is if I paypal a 5db pack onto him, He seems to be a lot luckier for a few days, then he would be without any paypal action.

Another theory to note, is drop times for items. Two years ago back when I played on Lion server, I went to giant apes one night, and got an elite dex ring. No big deal right? Well, around the same time the next day I happened to be at giant apes again, and poof, an elite dex ring. A lightbulb went off in my head, and I recorded the time at which I found it, and started going back for it. And roughly 80% of the time I went for it, I got it. the other 20% I dismissed due to other people being at giant apes.

I've wanted to try this with db finds, but so far no luck, as all my db finds so far I have been afk, sleeping and botting, so I don't know the exact time when I've found them. But I've heard talk of db droptimes before. Some people say droptimes are mapwide, some say serverwide.

But these are merely unproven theroies, built from expirience of playing the game.
Old 05/09/2007, 20:55   #7

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
I belive in lucky accunts, like my irl ``friend`` got full super after 3 weeks in game. and 2 dbs in 1 day the same i got in 1 and a half year but i dissagree it has any thing to do with chars ``brith``
Old 05/10/2007, 00:45   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Makakak+May 10 2007, 00:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Makakak @ May 10 2007, 00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--huseby@May 9 2007, 20:55
I belive in lucky accunts, like my irl ``friend`` got full super after 3 weeks in game. and 2 dbs in 1 day the same i got in 1 and a half year but i dissagree it has any thing to do with chars ``brith``
I believe your retarded [/b][/quote]
No flaming allowed.
@theory, The second one is more believable than the first, for example. My tro, before he was lvl 80, he never found anything good, rare ever gets even mets. But now, he is 113 and I apparently found a db yesterday and one today.... So the "luck" value could change according to several factors.
@huse, you ever considered the possibility that ur friend bought dbs?
@Matt, very believable, TQ might make your char's "luck" stat higher for supporting them - buying dbs.
Old 05/10/2007, 02:30   #9

MrHanKy(rest of the name hidden) won top moneybag twice in 1 month.
Old 05/10/2007, 02:39   #10

That has nothing to do with this topic, unless this character you are talking about have made significant progress during the last time he won top moneybag(2nd theory) or have always won it(1st theory). Besides, factoring in the lottery's complications will complicate the current debate even more.
Old 05/10/2007, 02:58   #11

i say it just depends on the 1 individual mob 0.o altho i do believe paypal has sumthing to do with lotto....one day i bought a 2 pack of dbs just to waste on lotto got ok stuff (better than usual) then i got my friend to buy me another one...and i got an elite +8 bow in one and the next day in the other 1 i got an elite soc bag and all my friends were mad at me sooooooo ya
Old 05/10/2007, 03:23   #12

but if tq made ur "luck" go up after buying dbs wouldnt they state this so more would buy?
Old 05/10/2007, 03:25   #13

Ok flame if u want but there is a theory on this forum which i believe is the is the most accurate...

Old 05/10/2007, 04:17   #14

I will not believe in any theory unless there is recorded certified video evidence or I witness it myself.
Old 05/22/2007, 21:28   #15

We got source code for CO don't we? Why hasn't anyone actually looked thought the code and find out how their drop system works?