Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 17:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Multi Client Scans

Discussion on Multi Client Scans within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
first off, this IS NOT a thread asking for multi client. But, there have been rumors of a new scan by TQ that checks to see how many conquer clients are running throuhg a single IP adress.
so my question is: is this a realistic threat? has anyone been banned for using mulit-client yet? as far as i know, it was pretty much untracable until now. thanks for any replies, and sorry if this has been posted before- i did search >.<
Old 05/06/2007, 00:23   #2

hmmz...

I didnt hear this rumors before, neither can i confirm if its true or false.

If they ban you for multiclient and they really check on IP,
say that a family member was also playing on a different computer.

same IP means the line from your ISP to your house.
then a router will split it through lan IP's but those cant be seen from the outside (legally not)

so basically they cant see if the 4 clients you run come from 1 pc or from multiple

they say they can (some rules, 'from the same physical computer, so not same house or IP adress')
but i think they cant.

so just try blaming your brother (if you dont have one, they dont know... so just say you have one) who was playing from another pc
Old 05/06/2007, 00:24   #3

Well, I'm running 10 clients on 1 of my machines right now. Its just fine everything appears to be ok. I don't belive TQ has the intelligence to figure out how to block mulitple ip connections. If they can't properly align a font forcing us to modify it, then they probobly dont know how to detect multiple instances from 1 ip... Like I said, 10 clients on 1 of my machines right now, all running fine.

Edit: and its like ganoderma says, they have no way of proving its all on the same computer anyways.
Old 05/06/2007, 00:39   #4

100% agreed with it

the font is so hard to read without editing it...
I think gms are never on either because then they would change it.

adn i never saw one on in my whole CO career.
(5 years with pauses and multiple server switches, aka new chars)
Old 05/06/2007, 00:41   #5

elite*gold: 20
Actually they have a way. Multiple ways at that. Whether they have the resources to do it is another story, but ways nonetheless. Also, implementing ip checks isn't really that hard. If they can make a game they can add a small check. Do recall they made the game.. they CAN code even if they show it's sloppy and ******. Two for loops with a memcmp and two arrays for results is all that's needed to do a check. It wouldn't be that hard.
Old 05/06/2007, 01:10   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by bone-you@May 6 2007, 00:41
Actually they have a way. Multiple ways at that. Whether they have the resources to do it is another story, but ways nonetheless. Also, implementing ip checks isn't really that hard. If they can make a game they can add a small check. Do recall they made the game.. they CAN code even if they show it's sloppy and ******. Two for loops with a memcmp and two arrays for results is all that's needed to do a check. It wouldn't be that hard.
Yeah but if TQ tried to make something like this, it would probobly end up not working at all, or just ban anyone who ran CO. You know how they are.

They code things and release it on us, their test monkeys. They don't bother to test things at all, the evidence is in their history. Mabye they do test things, if they do they don't do it enough thats for sure. If they tested the new font at all, they probobly did so on a single machine and it looked ok, so they forwarded the new release (the font is actually properly functioning for about 2% of all players).