Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 14:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

One of the newest threats out there.

Discussion on One of the newest threats out there. within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I've noticed that there is no forum post about bad programs that have keylogger, trojans, and other malicious code stuck in these hack programs. I have not fallen victim to such an attack but i felt like we need to make a sticked post about them. It dont have to be this one it can be one the administrators make but i think it's important that we have one place to report bad programs and programs with malicious code in them so that admins can investigate and deal with people who are basicly victimizing people in their own gaming community. Yes i do know there is a way of reporting posters but i also think that it would be helpful to have one place where folks can read about potential threats and out right threats so they dont make a mistake and download something that will eventually cause them to have to reload their operating system. While the epvp team is deciding how best to deal with the bad prog and the creator of the prog.

The way you report the bad file is like this. Name of the file, the name of the infection, name of the poster who you downloaded from and the name of the program(s) that detected the threat. Also if you find a way of removing the threat how to go about doing so. Thank you for reading and i hope that epvp will consider my post well.
Old 06/06/2006, 01:07   #2

2. You use the "Report this Post" function.
Old 06/06/2006, 01:09   #3

actually no you can't reply to that link. because it's an announcment and it is not postable.
Old 06/06/2006, 01:11   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by ramius_michael@Jun 6 2006, 01:09
actually no you can't reply to that link. because it's an announcment and it is not postable.
read nr.2
Old 06/06/2006, 22:58   #5

you aren't getting what i'm sayin tsu. we need to know if a program has malicious code when it happens so that everyone can go and see what threats there are. not wait for an announcement post that may or may not be forthcoming. it would help clean up ridicules min posts about this screwed me bs. understand give them an area to post in and you wont have a bunch of singl posts about the same topic
Old 06/06/2006, 23:26   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by ramius_michael@Jun 6 2006, 22:58
you aren't getting what i'm sayin tsu. we need to know if a program has malicious code when it happens so that everyone can go and see what threats there are. not wait for an announcement post that may or may not be forthcoming. it would help clean up ridicules min posts about this screwed me bs. understand give them an area to post in and you wont have a bunch of singl posts about the same topic
Jeez either it is my english that is failing me or I just cant get what you are saying.

Regarding this (and more or less the whole thread)

Quote:
also think that it would be helpful to have one place where folks can read about potential threats and out right threats so they dont make a mistake and download something that will eventually cause them to have to reload their operating system.
This can easily be done.
People always scan programs, usually the first downloader does it.
If it now is clean, he'll post the results. If its not, they will still post them and warn other users.
And if you see the scan saying that it is infected, but you still download and use it it is your own fault.
And by checking the scan you can find the name of the malware, simple google it and find how to remove the threat, and what it could do etc.

Did I hit right or am I way too off again? >.<
Old 06/07/2006, 01:05   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by tsu+Jun 6 2006, 22:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tsu @ Jun 6 2006, 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ramius_michael@Jun 6 2006, 22:58
you aren't getting what i'm sayin tsu.* we need to know if a program has malicious code when it happens so that everyone can go and see what threats there are.* not wait for an announcement post that may or may not be forthcoming.* it would help clean up ridicules min posts about this screwed me bs.* understand give them an area to post in and you wont have a bunch of singl posts about the same topic
Jeez either it is my english that is failing me or I just cant get what you are saying.

Regarding this (and more or less the whole thread)

Quote:
also think that it would be helpful to have one place where folks can read about potential threats and out right threats so they dont make a mistake and download something that will eventually cause them to have to reload their operating system.
This can easily be done.
People always scan programs, usually the first downloader does it.
If it now is clean, he'll post the results. If its not, they will still post them and warn other users.
And if you see the scan saying that it is infected, but you still download and use it it is your own fault.
And by checking the scan you can find the name of the malware, simple google it and find how to remove the threat, and what it could do etc.

Did I hit right or am I way too off again? >.< [/b][/quote]
You are right tsu.... But I think the idea IS a good one. Have a thread for posting warnings about possible threats. Not just for the items that get posted for download but for any nasty program that has been found on the site or on a link from the site.

Having said that like you have pointed out MOST items do get scanned by the first downloader and the warning does get out.

URL for scanning: <--- If anyone doesn't know it yet.
Old 06/07/2006, 01:07   #8

if people are stupid enough to download programs from someone who has little posts and no karma i think it serves them right.. the virus scans are done by members and posted in the topic when its safe, so i dont think announcements are necessary, its just common sense...
Old 06/07/2006, 01:16   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by recoiled@Jun 7 2006, 00:07
if people are stupid enough to download programs from someone who has little posts and no karma i think it serves them right.. the virus scans are done by members and posted in the topic when its safe, so i dont think announcements are necessary, its just common sense...
Hmmmm problem is not all PPL have a good idea of what "Common sense" is. And the post count or karma make no difference really. Anyone could get there account hacked or even be a long time member and by mistake or with intent post a bad file. And what if the online scanning is wrong and a file has a new threat that was not picked up? EVEN the best programs can be fooled or just outdated. I'm sure if that happened the thread would be posted to.

If there was one spot that PPL can post worries it might just cut down SPAM.
Old 06/07/2006, 01:23   #10

some people are so desperate for the hacks, they will download anything, i personally can live with out them (the exploits hacks ect), im sure choco wouldnt relase an infected file, or ulitmate destroyer.. and if people dont have the common sense to scan with antivirus before hand well (either jotti or vet or nortan ect)... i guess TQ's gona have more hack cases...
Old 06/07/2006, 01:29   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by recoiled@Jun 7 2006, 00:23
some people are so desperate for the hacks, they will download anything, i personally can live with out them (the exploits hacks ect), im sure choco wouldnt relase an infected file, or ulitmate destroyer.. and if people dont have the common sense to scan with antivirus before hand well (either jotti or vet or nortan ect)... i guess TQ's gona have more hack cases...
LOL I'm with you! I don't use them much myself..... Well I do use chocoman4k's COtobo but for removing the effects and repair more than auto mining. And no I don't think the top PPL will release an infected program (Not with any intent anyway). I just think it could work as a way to cut down the stupid SPAMMING of threads.

It's not such a stupid idea. <---- In my opinion.
Old 06/07/2006, 01:45   #12

more mods could do that ^^, im not saying that the current mods are lazy or anything, they doing an alright job, but the ratio mod:noob is like 1:100 or 1:200 as soon as i logged this site the day after patch 1k+ people all begging for hacks.. lol was sad.. but more mods could help remove junk threads..
Old 06/07/2006, 01:49   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by recoiled@Jun 7 2006, 00:45
more mods could do that ^^, im not saying that the current mods are lazy or anything, they doing an alright job, but the ratio mod:noob is like 1:100 or 1:200 as soon as i logged this site the day after patch 1k+ people all begging for hacks.. lol was sad.. but more mods could help remove junk threads..
LOL agreed!