Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 01:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Scamming by sending packets???

Discussion on Scamming by sending packets??? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Well my friend and i came up with the idea to send packets to the server to show a certain item in the trade window. We want to use this as a type of scam. I didnt see this in any other threads and was wondering if anyone knew if this is possible and if they could point use in the right direction. My friend was pretty good with packets in CO 1.0 but we arent really sure to go about doing it. If anyone one could please lend a helping hand?

P.S.- Before I get flamed for this because i know i probaly will for one reason or the other ><, let me just say that we put some thought into this and searched the forum looking for something along these lines. O and it says i only have 2 posts and that is because i usually use my friends account on here cuz im just to lazy to change the login name >_<.
Old 04/15/2006, 03:59   #2

elite*gold: 20
Every item has a unique ID. The trade system works by placing that unique ID into the trade box, the server queries its contents and sends that to the person you're trading.
Which means you can only put an item in there if you know its unique ID. If you try putting someone else's item in there, it fails. You must own the item in order to stick it in the trade window.

You CAN stick items in the trade window if they are in your warehouse, or equipped, however, the server will lock up the trade, and the trade window will hang up on both sides.

So you're answer, is no, you make certain items appear in the trade window unless they are in your bag. The closest possibility to this is the 'itemtype' scam, where you modify an itemtype.dat to make weak items appear strong, then send it to people so they see a much more expensive item than you put in the trade window. Not very feasable anymore.