Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 00:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer Online 2: Coming back for the nostaglia

Discussion on Conquer Online 2: Coming back for the nostaglia within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Conquer Online 2: Coming back for the nostaglia

I stopped playing this game years ago. From reading this forum and seeing the state of the game I can see that the game has been overrun by gambling and pay 2 win, as such I am purely back to basically play for free at this point, i have no interest in giving TQ digital money since it is obvious they don't care about genuine community interests at all, we are nothing but cash cows for them.

Before I left the game years ago, I had spent money and earned VIP status and i remember the Auto-Hunt feature TQ digital came out with.

Can someone explain the differences between the Auto-Hunt feature TQ released and the bots that used to made by the community members on this site (assuming that those community heroes have long gone at this point)?

Does the TQ digital's version of the Auto-Hunt have loot table limitations? (i tried the auto-hunt feature and noticed that no gold or silver drops, not sure if this was present many years ago)

As a follow up to the above question, if TQ digital has removed silver and gold from monsters, where are people getting their gold?

Can someone explain if the community released bots still exist and work? (preferably without having to buy it via crypto or going to some dodgy website)

thanks in advance
Old 12/01/2023, 15:34   #2

like you, i came back for the nostalgia but the pay to win thing trew me off, i looked up a private server and found this one which has like 1k players.

they offer vip and 2nd reborn tokens which you can sell in game for silver.
The xp rate is increased a lot, infect you can get 130 in a day or less if you put afford.

I highly recommend it, they stripped down all the pay to win features and left it with a vanilla kind of feeling
Old 12/01/2023, 18:43   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpedoloco View Post
like you, i came back for the nostalgia but the pay to win thing trew me off, i looked up a private server and found this one which has like 1k players.

they offer vip and 2nd reborn tokens which you can sell in game for silver.
The xp rate is increased a lot, infect you can get 130 in a day or less if you put afford.

I highly recommend it, they stripped down all the pay to win features and left it with a vanilla kind of feeling
That's the only server I've ever played on where I reached max level rb, legitimately. Was very fun and very fair... lots of players wanting to help me out as well... I wish there were more servers like it. I think there're some trust issues with players and staff in spawning in items, potentially? But those are all speculation... so taking off the tinfoil hat, it's hard not to recommend this server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2023, 14:33   #4

thanks for the responses. Can anyone explain what the story is with the lack of silver drops on the regular non-private Conquer Online server?
Is there anywhere to make silver in the main game anymore, beside gambling?

Personally, all my expensive gear was on the main server, i don't have that much of an interest in grinding up gear anymore, just want to mess about with the gear i have already.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/05/2023, 23:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidN8 View Post
thanks for the responses. Can anyone explain what the story is with the lack of silver drops on the regular non-private Conquer Online server?
Is there anywhere to make silver in the main game anymore, beside gambling?

Personally, all my expensive gear was on the main server, i don't have that much of an interest in grinding up gear anymore, just want to mess about with the gear i have already.
Bots started on Conquer Online, TQ has two options:
1. Fight bots making a good anticheat
2. Making a bad anticheat which will send all your computer information over network and store it in a MySQL DB somewhere in China and do whatever they want with your data, and removing stuff interesting to bots.

Yes, they picked up the second option. They started nerfing ninjas 15 years ago, then nerfed DBs, then they removed mines, they added a bot in their client (auto hunt) to stop people from buying bots, and then when they had
auto hunt + bots picking up everything in the map they removed gold drops so bots wouldn't pick it up (and then they started selling Silvers! yes for real money) and everything a normal player could get for free does not exist. (Actually there are quests but it's basically it)
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/06/2023, 14:15   #6

Yeah that makes me sad. The original conquer was still my favourite and only MMO I ever got into.

I recently tried out the mobile version and was shocked by how bad and extremely monetized it was.

I'm also in a nostalgia mode for the game at the moment and building another private server from scratch in Kotlin + Spring Boot. Been very fun so far lol. Once I have enough features built I might host to see how it scales + build it alongside playing it with some folks.

Its patch 4294, so quite an early version before CPs and stuff were added! So far I have login, handover, character creation, movement (walk, jump), spatial broadcasting implemented.
Old 12/06/2023, 18:16   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkblackbelt View Post
Yeah that makes me sad. The original conquer was still my favourite and only MMO I ever got into.

I recently tried out the mobile version and was shocked by how bad and extremely monetized it was.

I'm also in a nostalgia mode for the game at the moment and building another private server from scratch in Kotlin + Spring Boot. Been very fun so far lol. Once I have enough features built I might host to see how it scales + build it alongside playing it with some folks.

Its patch 4294, so quite an early version before CPs and stuff were added! So far I have login, handover, character creation, movement (walk, jump), spatial broadcasting implemented.
Yup, patch 4294 is my favorite as well. Christmas trees and such were added around then, too.
Old 12/07/2023, 14:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Yup, patch 4294 is my favorite as well. Christmas trees and such were added around then, too.
Thats sweet! Is there a packet and specific identifier to spawn the trees? I gotta give that a try
Old 12/07/2023, 15:45   #9

Thanks for the replies back. So to be a bit forthcoming, as discussed originally I left this game many years ago and I tried to logon recently.
I found that my main characters must have been hacked and any non-bound items were stolen, which sucks.

My other characters do remain though, of course they were not as well built up as my main

Over the past few days I have been spending a bit of time here and there doing missions, daily quests and some other content.

What I have found is as follows
- TQ digital support is pretty useless, my experiences with them have been.. challenging..
- TQ digital "deletes" data after 6 months supposedly so they couldn't (or wouldn't) help address an issue with a character that was stolen more than several months ago
- If your items are "lost" (or stolen) even if you had the "owner" property on your item, they wont help you after 10 days.
- They finally have enabled 2FA into the game (about 10 years later than everyone else)
- They still store passwords in rich text format (yes, during a support ticket they actually asked me to confirm if this rich text format password was mine, as well as these other 3 previous passwords, seriously!)
- The password options available to you, still exclude symbols like @ ! # etc. and can only be something like 10 characters long
- Egyptians, Argentinians, Palestinians and other South Americans represent that majority of the player base, i have not seen many US or EU players
- Bound CPs can be earned through a few quests, namely Deityland, Towers of Mystery and possibly treasure in the blue (if you survive long enough against 500 BP players) i've tried some treasure in the blue, it is gate keeped by high BP players who can easily gank you, TQ digital also gate keeps the quest rewards as you have about 1 hour to run around, survive the high BP players, collect "tokens" to exchange for rewards like 1 / 8 of a tier 1 money bag (not joking, you need 8 pieces to make a money back of what? 10k silver?), those tokens expire after 60 minutes from collection and only so many tokens can be redeemed at the "shop" the number of tokens accepted by the shop isn't character bound it is server bound, so if 20 people were collecting tokens, you have to beat many of those players to hand over your tokens before other players and before the timer runs out otherwise you just wasted 1 hour of your life for nothing.
- I have yet to make any silver in game, i've made more bound CPs at this point than silver. No amount of open world mobs I have killed have any silver to drop
- The game is clunkier than I remember it to be, collision boxes are not appropriate for the images, random objects on the ground that stop you from jumping, lag, glitches in graphics etc. obnoxious flashy animations that obscure your vision, slow your FPS and cause confusion.
- They also now have the most obnoxious ads / pop ups imaginable that are loud (and cannot be muted), flashy and cannot be stopped as soon as you enter the game
- Their client always redirects you to their facebook page and i have yet to found out how to stop this
- Their client always redirects you to their website after you exit the client, i have yet to find a way to remove this as well

All in all, some of these I do remember (having actually forgotten about it) from years back others I do not. It certainly isn't the game I wanted to remember but still holds some nostalgia. I hope my post helps those who consider logging back in after years of bliss.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/13/2023, 03:09   #10

Quote:
They still store passwords in rich text format (yes, during a support ticket they actually asked me to confirm if this rich text format password was mine, as well as these other 3 previous passwords, seriously!)
According to a leak they actually use MD5. (meh)

Quote:
TQ digital "deletes" data after 6 months supposedly so they couldn't (or wouldn't) help address an issue with a character that was stolen more than several months ago
They're just lazy, or countries work different. According to the same leak they do not delete logs, the leak contains a lot (some Gigabytes) of gm and server logs.

They also have a tool to help reading those log files.

They're just lazy. I bet they just keep CO open for their nostalgy because they do not care about this anymore
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/13/2023, 17:40   #11

Wow cool. Were the actual utilities and logs leaked somewhere?
Old 12/13/2023, 19:06   #12

I'm not sure about MD5, but they did use the SRP6 password verifier in later patches.
Old 02/02/2024, 17:41   #13

that server is pay to win. GMs literally give increased leveling rates and to those who donate. would highly recommend going to waste time elsewhere. theyve gotten exposed for it and banned peoples IPs for doing so