Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 19:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question about Stall Hack

Discussion on Question about Stall Hack within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 312
Hey everybody, I'm sure you all know me, so there is little need to introduce myself. But for those of you that don't I am KitsunePaws aka Kittie. Long time member of elitepvpers.com. Anyways, I am making this post to try to peice together a puzzle that used to be the trade hack, well a variation of it. The trade hack used to work like this. You start a packet scanner, you capture the packet of confirming a trade ammount, then replay it over and over, making insane ammounts of money show up to them, but they only got a little of it. well, due to it's simplisity, it overshadowed another great hack. The one I am trying to figure out. The Stall Hack. In this one, (Im sure it's gotta share some kind of basics) People were able to buy from stalls at 1/10th the cost. I really would like to know how this is done. Why, you ask? No, not to exploit it and get it fixed in a few days (Like most of you did with the trade hack), but because I am working closely with Ultimate Hacker, and we are trying to put together a private server for the epvp community. The only real job I got going on in this dev. Is security and exploit testing. :P Well, anyways. Here is what I'm asking, anybody with knowledge of the stall hack, or anybody that knows how to do it, please PM me with details, you can be sure that I will not leak this information. I am a proven, trustworthy, member of epvp. Help!

Truely,
KitsunePaws
Old 02/07/2006, 00:03   #2

.bumpity bump.
Old 02/07/2006, 05:05   #3

elite*gold: 0
This hack doesn't exist, really. The buy-from-stall packet is too simple to contain bugs which are yet unknown to me.
Old 02/08/2006, 03:20   #4

Hmm.. Odd.. Thanks for your help, but I've had a lot of people complain to me that it does work, and has been used against them..
Old 02/08/2006, 06:14   #5

I was selling gems in market, some for 650k, some for 725k, I had 3 ref phoenix's I was selling for 2,000,000 each. I had a full stall, 20 items, when I came back from eating, I was missing 4 items, and only had 2,200,000 in cash. Someone already said "what if you were a nublet and typed in 200k instead of 2kk" I wil tell you this, what if I had? I would have a different amount in cash, that is, say I typed 200k twice and 2kk, I would have 2.4kk + the other item sold, which would not be worth over 725k. or if I typed 200k thrice, I would have 600k + at least 725k. None of those amounts to 2.2kk

I can only deduce my stall was hacked, as I am careful to pay attention to the commas when I am filling in my stall prices, as well as I mined for two weeks for those gems.

It's one thing to hack people you know are rich, but my character is barely making ends meet for upgrading, and leveling, this is ridiculous. Hacking other people is stupid, I believed people would use the hacks against an establishment, not against others for selfish gain.

This peturbs me much, and I hope that other servers can patch themselves so people won't have to endure such anguish.

I wanted to save up for a super dragon gem with the sales from my mining, now I believe it will take forever at this rate, if my stalls are going to be contantly hacked.

PS. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to add my experience (which was about 2 hours ago) to support that this hack does exist, and I'm hearing more and more about it. Seems like you find out more once you dig deeply and search the details.
Old 02/08/2006, 07:09   #6

I'm looking but i can't find much out.. As choko said, the packet for buying is really simplistic, and i did some testing, i got the packet for buying an item, logged it, then put the same item back up in stall with a diffrent price, and replayed it.. It bought the item, for the price that was listed... So I dont think the packet has much to do with it at all....
Old 02/08/2006, 10:44   #7

I haven't really delved into the packet structures, or the packets of conquer, I've never really had a penchant to poke around in a game I really have not much time to play, with work and school being key. Though I would imagine the concepts would be pretty linear in manner.

Is the buy packet specific to the server? that is when you click the buy button on a stall...
{server side}
- Check cash amount on buyer
- Remove cash from buyer
- Send cash to seller
{/server side}
- Sellers client recieves item removed from shop
- Buyers client recieves item recieved from seller

or is it more like
- Buyers client checks if amount of item is greater than or equal to money in inventory
- Buyers client requests item
- Buyers client sends money
- Sellers client sends item

if so, couldn't someone just modify the packet, as maybe the request is only sent if the client knows it has enough, so when the sellers client expects full amounts everytime, it assumes that the amount sent is correct, even though maybe the buyers client only has 1k instead of say, 1kk in their inventory? or maybe the bugs more scandalous on the way it allocates the amount, maybe if somone is selling an item that amounts to a unsigned short value, sending the minimal amount of money to just enough to enable the client to think it is the correct amount. (shrugs)

I have no idea, the trade packet could be a simple struct for all I know, just putting in my two cents.
Old 02/08/2006, 12:26   #8

Im a big noob on this but ya if you edit the packet lets say they seller has a item they are selling for 10k and a item they are selling for 1kk then could u edit the packet to buy the 10k item but somehow make it so u get the 1kk one? Just a thought i have no experience with pakcets so dont know much
Old 02/11/2006, 06:21   #9

kitsune, i've always been thinking, that theres a bug, which u force close a market window either by pressing ESC or clicking on someone else's market.

what will happen is that the 1st stall's items will also been shown on the 2nd store, whether it can be bought i dunno, hafnt tried that. But..

if you could store the 2nd market stalls' packet (meaning what he is selling) and by using the bug (opening 2nd stall while 1st stall window is open) using the packet, means u'll be looking at 1st stall's prices with 2nd stall's items?
Old 02/11/2006, 14:51   #10

i believe it was only user error. Back when i used to play, everytime i went afk in market, i would take a screenshot of my items in the stall. Therefore, if that "hack" was used on me, i could at least prove it wasn't my fault.
Old 02/11/2006, 17:40   #11

in R.O.S.E there was a stall hack.. it worked with somthing like if the price ended in 0 you added a certain value 1 too high so it reached like a "maximum number" and once over the maximum number resetted to 1, so basically you could buy anything for 1 gold >_> maybe they are using somthing similar, i dont remember details exactly
Old 02/12/2006, 00:25   #12

Hmm, But i dunno because people are reporting odd losses, like a 50M club gets sold for 3M. wtf :/
Old 02/12/2006, 02:14   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by KitsunePaws@Feb 12 2006, 00:25
Hmm, But i dunno because people are reporting odd losses, like a 50M club gets sold for 3M. wtf :/
check your pm's
Old 02/12/2006, 09:44   #14

Thank you, you've been a big help
Old 02/13/2006, 08:29   #15

Not to kick a dead mule.

But it happened AGAIN.

This time, I had 4 gems for sale, 1 norm rainbow, 2 norm dragon, 1 ref dragon.

Prices:

Rainbow: 725k
Dragons: 600k
Ref Drag: 10kk

I returned to a full sell out stall, but guess what.

only 2.5kk, and no, I didn't mistype any prices, and I only had 4 items.

anyone have clues? My stall is always front row, and I guess people know I always sell gems, so I could be targeted, but some info on how, or why this is happening?