Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 13:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

editing actual map

Discussion on editing actual map within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
i did search editing mini maps is posible... but i cant search on how to edit the actual map... lets says u put some color on the center of the spawn.. so everytime ur leveling u always got into the center on the spawn..

ty...
Old 11/29/2005, 17:55   #2

elite*gold: 20
Its possible, but not so simple as editing minimaps. I don't think you'll bother trying after reading, but here's how to do it anyway.

First, you need soomething to edit DDS files. You can find links around the forum if you search. The nVidia site had downloads for photoshop plugins. and you can use for importing and exporting dds files. The microsoft DirectX SDK also has the tools you'll need, so just decide which suits you more.
I would also reccomend irfanview, or the nVidia plugin for windows explorer integration. This will help you find the texture you're looking for.

Now, finding the right texture can be a pain. My reccomendation would be to take a ruler and measure from the edges of the screen to find the co-ordinates of each texture. Look in the \data\ folder for an existing map texture to see its relative size. You should count how many texture sizes the one you wish to edit is away from the edges of the screen.

Next step is to get the texture name for the one you want. To do this, you'll need to open the .pul files in a hex editor. (.pul files are in \map\puzzle&#092. The puzzle file will link you to an ani file you need for reference.
Also in the pul file, you can find the texture for the co-ordinate you want. bytes 265-298 give you the number of tiles accross the map, and bytes 269-272 give the number of tiles down the map. The rest of the pul file has 16-bit integers for the tile numbers, going horizontally, and feeding to the next vertical co-ordinate when the horizontal limit is reached. Once you find the number you want, you can look up in the referenced .ani file and get a file name for it.

If you're lucky, you can just find the file in the folder you are pointed to, but chances are it won't be there, it will infact be in data.wdf. refer to my WDF extraction guide to get the texture from it.

You then edit the texture with one of the tools I discussed, then place it into the folder it should be, so its path matches that in the .ani folder.
Old 11/29/2005, 21:13   #3

elite*gold: 0
aww... thanks am gonna try this.. really need it for my macro