Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lady Luck

Discussion on Lady Luck within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lady Luck

Can anyone tell me the best time and box to do lady luck? thanks for any help
Old 01/05/2010, 06:12   #2

elite*gold: 20
There is no "best" time it all depends on luck, that's why it's called Lady Luck.
Old 01/05/2010, 06:44   #3

Thanks and before you talk **** i do speak english i typed that fast. Ive herd people saying at certin days at certin times is the best. Thanks for your reply
Old 01/05/2010, 07:15   #4

Yo,
its nothing like that,its all random and not random ,som1 explained how it works long time ago,
Sammy
Old 01/05/2010, 23:55   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimtim View Post
Thanks and before you talk crap i do speak english i typed that fast. Ive herd people saying at certin days at certin times is the best. Thanks for your reply
Its pseudo-random:

Pseudorandom number generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Short Version:

A large number of variables contribute to an algorithm which generates a number, this number is then used to determine your prize, its practically impossible for you to improve your chances beyond that of blind luck.

Long Version:

The principle being is that it the algorithm used to generate a number gives the appearence of being random, while in really its a sequence of numbers, which when you have all of the correct variables you could recreate. Anything can be used to calculate the next number in the sequence, so the chances of your getting it even remotely right are practically 0.

If you managed to guess the variables used to generate the seed, the chances are that a number of them change every millisecond or so, so even if you managed to figure out the variables you would need to get your packet to the server within a millisecond, or accurately determine your average latency and send it in time for the server to get it at the right time, but then theres processing time aswell.

So yeah 3.04am (or whatever) may very well appear to be a good time to play the lottery, but only because people have spread that time around, and more people play the lottery at that time, so the 6 or so people who have atually had something decent at that time will post and rave about it, while the 10k other people stay quiet, it will appear that it works.

To be honest, i would just save the cps and do something worth while with them.