Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 15:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Make your character invisible

Discussion on Make your character invisible within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I played around with the CO multitool (that's how I found this site), and I played with the Hide feature. I thought about how it works and I was curious it it is possible to make your own character invisible to everyone else. The reason behind this thought is the amount of mine pkers makes it hard to mine in a good location without getting pked. If there was a way to hide your own character, the pkers would never see you, thus leave you alone to mine a ton of gems. This would have to be a tool that could work in conjunction with the auto miner. on a side note I'm working on a macro tool that lets you build your own macro and then replays it repeatedly to do tasks like training skills outside of TG, mining for a house, etc. Making your char invisible would be something that would be a nice addin or combination with my tool.

Can it be done?
Old 06/21/2005, 15:58   #2

don't think it can be done. imho the hide function in the multitool is a client based thing. it only hides all the animations for you, so you're computer don't have so much work in displaying all the grafics. thats all. other ppl still see everything. included you. it's an almost similar effect like if you would empty your magictype. only effects you and your computer.
Old 06/21/2005, 16:09   #3

agree to djinn
Old 06/21/2005, 16:26   #4

This could be possible though.

Now, my idea is, when registering your char and you select BIG or SMALL player model. The client tells the server which one you selected. Assuming the server has no checks to stop this we could tell the server we selected an option that didnt exist so when you went into game, it would try and load a player model that did not exist and there for wouldent load the model.

Which would make your player invisible or possibly crash the game because of some sort of "player model could not be found" error.

This is all theory. But I assume no one has tried this yet?
Old 06/21/2005, 17:29   #5

I believe it would crash it. Also, probably the character selection is server side so we don't have like shemales running around. =) I cannot think of anything, unless someone created a packet sender that continually sent out the packets necessary to use the spell invisible. For mining purposes, this would be useless, but for power leveling... that would be awesome
Old 06/21/2005, 17:32   #6

How about we do something to the char and if anyone is approaching the miner they get dced. So they would never near us and we can mine in peace.
Old 06/21/2005, 17:35   #7

they wont be able to login as long as you are mining, and thus go spam on the official CO forums, and get you banned
Old 06/21/2005, 17:37   #8

Well wouldn't that be rather rude? I mean you are walking by and BAM D/Ced. Then when they log in again won't the just DC again? (Because they were in the same area) I would say people only with _flashing_ names (or whatever) so everyone is not D/Ced
Old 06/21/2005, 17:38   #9

tried and when you try to login the game crashes cause of blalba not found the first two errors i fixed with putting the things into the ini then i gave it up and i think so it will crash all the ppl that are near to you
Old 06/21/2005, 17:44   #10

How about turning the hse into a mine? So you can mine alone? Just a suggestion, no idea whether its possible or not.
Old 06/21/2005, 18:07   #11

if it was possible to turn the house into a mine that would be awesome. could that be done?
Old 06/21/2005, 21:39   #12

I don't think it would be possible. The server probably knows which map you're in, even if you change map filename. Your house could be a mine, but you wouldn't be able to mine since for the server, you're not inside any mine at all and the ground won't have any ores.
Old 06/22/2005, 11:37   #13

it's possible now thx to lix's fluride program :-)
Old 06/22/2005, 11:45   #14

wrong he asked for a invisible for mining and the fluride only makes you invisible on your pc all other ppl still see you

Edit: but there could be way to make it a bit more secure, you can walk out of screen, only the ppl are near to you see that, when someone new come he see you on old position, but you could hook the function that execute when someone new come near and then always go quick out of screen, that should be a possible way to prevent dieing in mine
Old 06/22/2005, 17:24   #15

what i think you're suggesting could also be done with shiftscreen... to a lesser extent. You're talking about moving to a lower lvl corner (abandoned corner), and if anyone comes within sight you dc and relog say 2-5 minutes later.