Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 22:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

5127 Memory Leak

Discussion on 5127 Memory Leak within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
5127 Memory Leak

Has anyone found a solution to the memory leak problem that started after patch 5127?

My clients has been experiencing a constant increase in the amount of RAM used by Conquer since patch 5127 have been installed. After looking in CO's official forum, I am pretty sure that it has not been cause by something from my side since many players have also having the same problem.
Old 05/22/2009, 21:23   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
Wow, I never noticed that untill right now. You're right, it uses like two times as much memory as it used to.

Don't know the cause though, I guess you could try disabling some effects by deleting the inside the 3deffect.ini file inside your Conquer 2.0 -> ini directory.

On the positive side, though, I've noticed that Conquer is now much faster at opening, loading, etc., so that might also be why it uses more memory.
Old 05/24/2009, 01:52   #3

The problem is not that it takes twice the memory. It is that it keeps taking memory until you run out. Your computer either then reboots, freezes, or stops the conquer client.

If you leave 2 characters in TG overnight you will wake up the next morning and find that you are no longer logged in.

It doesn't matter if you have 500mb, 1gb, 2gb, or 3 gb of RAM. It will eat everything you got. This is posted on the Conquer forum BUGS section. It IS happening to everyone, just everyone doesn't know it yet. And TQ has yet to come up with a solution.

Hopefully they will patch this in the next couple days. If anyone here has any ideas why this is happening, feel free to respond. All I know is that this last patch included some major changes that aren't just the noticable ones you see while playing.
Old 05/24/2009, 02:02   #4

I think it's just a way for TQ to stop multiclienting =P However thats just my opinion. xD
Old 05/24/2009, 02:41   #5

lol maybe this is what they meant by Botters and Cheaters jailed. I've been using 5bot and still haven't been jailed.
Old 05/24/2009, 02:44   #6

elite*gold: 20
There has been a conquer memory leak for about two years.
When you change maps, if you change maps consistently, it will destroy your memory.
Old 05/24/2009, 05:02   #7

Hi guys ive experienced same problem virtual memory low. There is a way to increase the virtual memory but i found it still runs out. To increse simply increase paging file. hope that helps a bit. If any one got other ideas ill be happy to read them.
Old 05/26/2009, 21:27   #8

not a big fix but i noticed turning world chat off helps because chat is stored just like a cookie in your conquer folder i did that and did a defrag been running fine ever since like i said may not be the problem but it seemed to help
Old 05/26/2009, 23:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
There has been a conquer memory leak for about two years.
When you change maps, if you change maps consistently, it will destroy your memory.
I changed the map 10 times. Memory stayed about the same.
Old 05/27/2009, 08:29   #10

Received Thanks: 8,592
What andy123 is referring to is that, when you change to a NEW map the previous map is still loaded to the memory, therefore the more new maps you have loaded the more maps loaded to the memory. Not very good for those people that lack allot of memory. But yet it's not much a worry to most people.
Old 05/27/2009, 22:22   #11

i have 2.2 gigs of ram.
with a 2.2 ghz dual core amd proccessor
on a 939 machspeed chipset.

now i dont know what ur specs are but the most conquer will ever take up for me is about 400,000 which is way to much considering it used to b like 80,000. usually its a normal 130,--- ish only reason it was that high was cuz i was botting all night. archer.noobs tank. etc.

its a ***** when i got 7 clients running and then i needa close em out.

deff a problem **** i doubt they'll fix it...

tq listens to the ones who buy the most from them. and considering those people have enuf money for good pc and good net. there wont b ALOT of them that care as much.

fixing it client sided woudnt b a good idea tho. someway tq woud have to b able to notice that. even if it was possible.

maybe some type of memory control program tho.... woud prevent conquer from usin more then say 150,000 or less.... but might cause sum crazy lag after a lil while cuz it woud b gettn compressed up into a lil block
Old 05/28/2009, 19:17   #12

it doesnt matter how beefed up your pc is.. im running 4 gigs of ram on my computer logging 14 accounts and 2 on the spare computer.. only my chars at 125 stakes error out.. the rest stay fine.. memory usage did triple but as far as lag i experience none still.. but do wake up to the error on a client saying the memory has run out.. which i imagine is vista killing the process to in fact save a force boot
Old 05/28/2009, 22:08   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Matthew View Post
it doesnt matter how beefed up your pc is.. im running 4 gigs of ram on my computer logging 14 accounts and 2 on the spare computer.. only my chars at 125 stakes error out.. the rest stay fine.. memory usage did triple but as far as lag i experience none still.. but do wake up to the error on a client saying the memory has run out.. which i imagine is vista killing the process to in fact save a force boot
5 bot seems to keep my page filling around 80k ish but once it goes up it'll jus close

otherwise with a clean conquer my computer never runs outta ram... will jus get super laggy
Old 06/08/2009, 02:49   #14

I sadly haven't been able to get past 200mb...