Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 02:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

itemtype.dat that detects +1?

Discussion on itemtype.dat that detects +1? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
itemtype.dat that detects +1?

is that still not possible?
Old 03/15/2012, 02:52   #2

Received Thanks: 1,147
Impossible. You need to pick up the item to know the +n.
Old 03/15/2012, 03:24   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Impossible. You need to pick up the item to know the +n.
it just dont make sense to me, does it randomize and turn +ed only when u pick it up?
Old 03/15/2012, 05:55   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhaas View Post
it just dont make sense to me, does it randomize and turn +ed only when u pick it up?
The server doesn't send the item info packet when it drops an item. It sends a floor item packet which only shows the type and quality of an item (for the drop icon).
Old 03/15/2012, 08:18   #5

but can somebody make a itemitype.daat that shows much more info of the wepon?
Old 03/15/2012, 08:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
The server doesn't send the item info packet when it drops an item. It sends a floor item packet which only shows the type and quality of an item (for the drop icon).
if theres no packet, how can u receive it?
Old 03/15/2012, 09:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhaas View Post
if theres no packet, how can u receive it?

Skip to 2:40 & watch it till the end. In Conquer Online, there's an item packet (packet id: 1009) which is for items that you see in your pocket, on your character, in your wh, etc. Then, there's another packet (packet id: 1101) which is for items on the ground. The data sent in the floor item packet (1101) does not contain item details. All it contains about the item is the position on the floor, the id that you'd find in itemtype.dat, and the object id (the identification number given to it by the server). Hopefully I'm not going over your head with this. Good luck.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention: When you pick up the item, the object id from the floor packet (1101) will be used to find the item's data on the server. Then, the server will send you that item's item packet (1009). That's how it appears in your pocket.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/15/2012, 15:41   #8

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristi2092 View Post
but can somebody make a itemitype.daat that shows much more info of the wepon?
This wouldn't be possible because the client wouldn't handle extra information even if you wanted to add it.
It does work (or worked, dunno) for quality cause every quality is a different entry in the itemtype and plusses do not have their own entry but are decided serverside.
Old 03/15/2012, 19:03   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
This wouldn't be possible because the client wouldn't handle extra information even if you wanted to add it.
It does work (or worked, dunno) for quality cause every quality is a different entry in the itemtype and plusses do not have their own entry but are decided serverside.
Well... I know that quality is stored as the last digit in the item id in itemtype.dat (if the item supports quality). Plus information can be changed as well in itemadd.ini, but as I said before, as long as it's not in the floor item packet, it can't be detected.
Old 03/15/2012, 21:32   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post

Skip to 2:40 & watch it till the end. In Conquer Online, there's an item packet (packet id: 1009) which is for items that you see in your pocket, on your character, in your wh, etc. Then, there's another packet (packet id: 1101) which is for items on the ground. The data sent in the floor item packet (1101) does not contain item details. All it contains about the item is the position on the floor, the id that you'd find in itemtype.dat, and the object id (the identification number given to it by the server). Hopefully I'm not going over your head with this. Good luck.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention: When you pick up the item, the object id from the floor packet (1101) will be used to find the item's data on the server. Then, the server will send you that item's item packet (1009). That's how it appears in your pocket.
I'm good with these things, i understood every word, that you for the explanation!