Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 16:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ZonquerOnline UP AGAIN!!!!!!!

Discussion on ZonquerOnline UP AGAIN!!!!!!! within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 02/23/2008, 12:19   #16

elite*gold: 0
Nice Job btw u must find hoster 24/7 the server ROCK!!!
Old 02/23/2008, 16:11   #17

This server rocks, although theres a little lag issue

EDIT: The lag is absolutely unbearable
Old 02/23/2008, 22:48   #18

thats the same with me the lag.. and i had a chat with the server hoster and he sed its ment to be less lag then before... and its practically the same.
Old 02/24/2008, 00:35   #19

Loggin in the server... pleas wait a moment for 10 minutes now
Old 02/24/2008, 01:15   #20

Servers laggy, goes down every 10 minutes, NPCS Disappear alot. Don't play if you have a short temper like i do..

you lose weapon prof and ranks everytime you logout
Old 02/24/2008, 13:47   #21

its a bug, i had a chat with EmMe about it and he sed he'll fix it l8r... :S he should fix it now tbh otherwise hes gonna end up losng everyone cuz its annoying, and im a trojan on the server and i cant even wield 2 weapons even tho im a trojan
Old 02/24/2008, 20:23   #22

î lagg so badly on this server .... is the reason cuz iam from germany and too far away from hoster?
Old 02/24/2008, 20:28   #23

everyone lags
Old 02/24/2008, 20:40   #24

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Look, any one who runs a server and says "Oh stop ******** about lag or I'll close the server" will fail at it. It takes much more than a `nice` community you need the critism as a drive and motive.

Future and even Korvacs have stated the Cofuture source isn't something to be used if your serious about making a server, it's just a huge improvement compared to the CoEMU and CoEu source but it still has a shitload of bugs.

It's smarter to recode, than to try to work out the kinks. Obviously you lack the intelligence for this, tbh, give up; You won't make it.

PS:
I'm sure Future agrees with me.
Old 02/24/2008, 21:53   #25

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Look, any one who runs a server and says "Oh stop ******** about lag or I'll close the server" will fail at it. It takes much more than a `nice` community you need the critism as a drive and motive.

Future and even Korvacs have stated the Cofuture source isn't something to be used if your serious about making a server, it's just a huge improvement compared to the CoEMU and CoEu source but it still has a shitload of bugs.

It's smarter to recode, than to try to work out the kinks. Obviously you lack the intelligence for this, tbh, give up; You won't make it.

PS:
I'm sure Future agrees with me.

Haha man,you are funny tho Well I dont mind you thinking like that,but you should try the server out. Today we got an AutoSaver to the server,tomorrow I will add some extra NPC,so there will be exactly the same as patch 5013. And btw,the lag,its my computer. Right now we are getting donations pretty often,and with the donations we'll buy a dedicated server,witch removes the lag,and have the server on 24/7 . Will be almost like the real Conquer Online,but better. So please stop thinking stuffs and get real fact. Bye =)
Old 02/24/2008, 22:28   #26

Servers amazing fun when its online, But honestly the lag is unbearable.
Old 02/24/2008, 22:43   #27

yeah whats the point its not up !
Old 02/24/2008, 22:52   #28

Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Haha man,you are funny tho Well I dont mind you thinking like that,but you should try the server out. Today we got an AutoSaver to the server,tomorrow I will add some extra NPC,so there will be exactly the same as patch 5013. And btw,the lag,its my computer. Right now we are getting donations pretty often,and with the donations we'll buy a dedicated server,witch removes the lag,and have the server on 24/7 . Will be almost like the real Conquer Online,but better. So please stop thinking stuffs and get real fact. Bye =)
Autosaver? What a horrid idea! Using a timer to save players just shows me that you can't even figure out how to tell if a socket is disconnected, then save the character when a socket disconnects. Lag? ROFL, Sorry but it's not neccicarly about the computer, it's about how well the source is coded. CoEU had what? A Quad-core, super-**** speed internet as a host and they still lagged. It's the source, Cofuture is poorly coded, sorry to burst your bubble; Do me a favor, ask him yourself.
Old 02/25/2008, 01:02   #29

A common issue with the lag is because all of these C# servers have to poll the entire list of clients connected for any action instead of making logical arrays of players that would be affected resulting in loads more time just looping instead of processing.
Old 02/25/2008, 01:36   #30

Received Thanks: 2,518
ive been talkin to future recently about some of the systems that are running within his server, and it maybe be possible for him to significantly reduce the lag on the server with some rather significant alterations

watch this space i guess? they might update it or something :S