Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Swapping Armor and Weapon Models

Discussion on Swapping Armor and Weapon Models within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SWAPPING WEAPON MODELS

All you need is notepad and unknownone?s itemtype editor which you can get here:

use the links at the bottom for the editor. unknownone's godly extractor still works after all these patches...

BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFOREHAND!!

I?m going to explain how to switch the LuckyBlade to the 130 blade

Open the Itemtype editor and load the itemtype.dat (if the itemtype.dat is in the same folder as itemtype.exe it will be directed at it automatically)

Go to the SearchBar in the bottom left and search LuckyBlade Under Itemname look for the ItemID its faded out, write that number down

Now get the BuriedBlade?s ID Number for weapons. But there is 7 of them which one do I choose
you can choose any of them read from the bottom of the list of buriedblades it goes super-elite-unique-refined-normal-normal-normal.

Pick the one you want and write down its ID then open up your weapon.ini in notepad after creating a backup of it.

Hit ctrl + f or search and search for what you wrote down for the BuriedBlades ID
Select the code under the Bracket and copy it

Now search for the LuckyBlades ID in the weapon.ini file

Replace the code under that bracket with the one you copied

Save,Load up conquer if you did it correctly all LuckyBlades will look like BuriedBlades

SWAPPING WEAPON GLOWS (Super Effect)
This is almost the same as switching weapons in the weapon.ini file except that not all items effects are named after their IDs (130 weapons can have multiple effects and are named differently)
Search the ID copy the code and place it over the Weapon you want its on ID works about 95 percent of the time the 115 blade super effect is weird it is its ID number with a ?f just its standalone ID number is the 110 blade effect.
Some 120-130 weapons are named differently in 3deffect.ini
For example [Stick120] is the 120 backsword
[Swordeffect120] is the 120 sword effect most of the effects can be indentified by extracting the .dds files from one of the .dds editing guides and looking for the one you need.

####SWAPPING ARMOR MODELS####
first thing you need to determine the ID of the armors,this is easily done by searching through extracted textures,Color matters!!! (extracted using unknownones WDF batch extracter)once you figure out the ID for the armor you want and the armor you have currently and make sure the colors are correct.Search for them in Armor.ini the 2nd one in the brackets is always the small version...replace the codes like you did with the item edits and wallah!

Quote:
Originally posted by a1blaster@Sep 03 2007, 18:18

The itemtype editor that is included in thread starter post is for old itemtype.dar file.
You need up to date one for use with the new format.

Try this to see the itemtype.dat>>>
Itemtype.dat editor v2 -beta | at10ti0n © 2006, itemtype editor works after patch 4334

Or try this to make a text file that you can look over to find the ID's that you need>>>
Itemtype decrypter/encryper

}^~^{
Thanks
7 Users
Old 09/23/2006, 21:20   #2

that thing doesnt work for me whenever i use it, it closes
Old 09/23/2006, 21:24   #3

cool, i'm gonna try it, too bad it's only client sided
Old 09/24/2006, 14:42   #4

its only client sided but it helps with finding textures for editing other stuff too (yes i just realised that, hadnt thought of it before xD )
Old 09/24/2006, 15:42   #5

THANKS !!! but what file are the super effects in ?

+k for u
Old 09/24/2006, 21:36   #6

weapon effects ect ect are in 3deffect.ini
Old 09/24/2006, 21:37   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by skinnykhalida@Sep 23 2006, 21:20
that thing doesnt work for me whenever i use it, it closes
does it have an error message?

did you make sure you copied the code without the number inside the brackets.
Old 09/24/2006, 21:37   #8

i see topic about changing the look of something everywhere ... but what is it good for ? i mean its only you seeing it ... nobody else does ... so whats the reason for this ?? i dont get it ...
Old 09/25/2006, 00:15   #9

its so you can make the gaming experience more pleasurable for yourself, screw other people, let them see some crappy lucky blade, when you can be giggling away at the prospect of having some big super fuckoff weapon on a level one, it may only look like that, but its still pretty **** cool
Old 09/25/2006, 15:27   #10

This article is posted 2 days ago im waiting for the post of the Armor thingy. =D
Old 09/25/2006, 22:30   #11

also, if you can do it with any items ( i'm guessing you can), some items look gay and it would be nice to change the look or you just get bored of the same armor. ^^
Old 09/27/2006, 07:57   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by sQynor@Sep 25 2006, 15:27
This article is posted 2 days ago im waiting for the post of the Armor thingy. =D
Sorry some **** came up at home,ill write it now
Old 09/27/2006, 08:05   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Hax+Sep 27 2006, 07:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr.Hax @ Sep 27 2006, 07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--sQynor@Sep 25 2006, 15:27
Sorry some **** came up at home,ill write it now [/b][/quote]
NP i got all time i need
i'd be really happy with the armor thingy =D
and could u please tell me more about those super effects on weapons .. i dont really understand .. especially the bow is difficult and then the arrows o.O
Old 09/27/2006, 08:09   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by sQynor+Sep 27 2006, 08:05--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sQynor @ Sep 27 2006, 08:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -Mr.Hax@Sep 27 2006, 07:57
<!--QuoteBegin--sQynor
Quote:
@Sep 25 2006, 15:27

Sorry some **** came up at home,ill write it now
NP i got all time i need
i'd be really happy with the armor thingy =D
and could u please tell me more about those super effects on weapons .. i dont really understand .. especially the bow is difficult and then the arrows o.O [/b][/quote]
The Arrows I have no clue about

Super effects are usually listed by the superquality weapon's ID in 3deffect.ini if its the 130 bow super effect your looking for its called [Bow130] lol...TQ got lazy when they put in the 120+ weapon models.

edit..added armor guide at bottom,its brief but if you can do the items armor is cake.
Old 09/29/2006, 02:38   #15

does swaping armours with a guard armour or monster work? lol it would be kool to take form of a guard or w/e and if theres such thing could somone find the files? im too lazy :P