Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[NEW] Custom stuff

Discussion on [NEW] Custom stuff within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cool [NEW] Custom stuff

I'll try to update this thread as I do more shit, but for now that's it !

WEAPONS

SOUL SWORD

OX EDGE

BLAZE BLADE

MIGHTY SWORD

NOXIOUS AXE

/!\ You'd better watch the videos in 1080p n fullscreen mode

Credits for stock textures : WoWHead - AionDatabase

To be updated ! No release links, for now.. i'll see if folks like 'em
Feedbacks and comments are more than welcome, I still needa improve all of those stuff !

P.S.
: Have a look if you wanna learn how to do such "custom" weapons, and for my 1st edits pack thread
Thanks
23 Users
Old 09/27/2011, 23:27   #2

First reply in this epic thread.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/27/2011, 23:32   #3

2nd reply xD
we wanna know how to make the c3 for effects the pass for 'em
thanx opale for the weps
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2011, 06:00   #4

Thomas.. You're ******* sick
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2011, 06:37   #5

Textures are amazing. My only issue is the glow on the Soul Sword. I can't help but to think it needs to be a different color. Awesome work either way.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/29/2011, 12:43   #6

omg this is SICK
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/30/2011, 02:58   #7

Amazing as always, great work!
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/02/2011, 14:23   #8

Serious sometimes i ask myself why do **** don't you work for TQ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/02/2011, 17:33   #9

Sexii
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/02/2011, 18:27   #10

Aww kind comments, cheers !

That's nothing incredible tho.. It's just some modelling, textures wrapping and effect compositing out of TQ's motion files..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slam View Post
2nd reply xD
we wanna know how to make the c3 for effects the pass for 'em
thanx opale for the weps
Thanks mate. About effects, i'm not editing motion .c3 files at all as it is impossible to create them from scratch or modify existing ones. I'm mainly experimenting with existing .c3 files and doing some .dds modifications to do such glows

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviL|Shepherd View Post
My only issue is the glow on the Soul Sword. I can't help but to think it needs to be a different color.
Yeah glad someone noticed that, I wasn't really happy with the result myself, but even after having tried some other color panels, I still couldn't chose what to modify it to, would you have any suggestions ??
I'm not really done with any of the glows above, I keep changing some details all of the time =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobvdH View Post
Serious sometimes i ask myself why do fuck don't you work for TQ?
First lines of this post =p

First,they're creating their textures from scratch, and digital painting is something I can't happen to do correctly =/ then, their 3D models are extremely well-made, although I progressed (imo) on my 3D models (Weapons above all got less than 450 polygons !), they (TQ) are still under the 200 polygons bar for all of their weapons.. they can make everything they want (armors n everything) while we cannot (limited plugins)
And they're creating their animations (skills, effects, motions..) in 3D softwares which is something we cannot do for now (no working plugins to let us export our custom effects, nor import TQ's one to modify them)

Well, lots of blabla, TQ's often criticized but we gotta admit they got a nice designers team and we (editors) are too limited to do something better than them... i'm trying to get an as close quality as theirs tho dunno if I manage to do so or not, that's up to you =p

#UPDATED MAIN POST
Added a new sword

I've been quite busy this week so I had no time to do more stuff.
I'll try to share more things this week
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/02/2011, 20:50   #11

moar blades :P
I like them all, hope they ever get released
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/03/2011, 00:11   #12

I wanna have *** with that sword.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/03/2011, 05:39   #13

Received Thanks: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
Aww kind comments, cheers !

That's nothing incredible tho.. It's just some modelling, textures wrapping and effect compositing out of TQ's motion files..

Thanks mate. About effects, i'm not editing motion .c3 files at all as it is impossible to create them from scratch or modify existing ones. I'm mainly experimenting with existing .c3 files and doing some .dds modifications to do such glows

Yeah glad someone noticed that, I wasn't really happy with the result myself, but even after having tried some other color panels, I still couldn't chose what to modify it to, would you have any suggestions ??
I'm not really done with any of the glows above, I keep changing some details all of the time =/

First lines of this post =p

First,they're creating their textures from scratch, and digital painting is something I can't happen to do correctly =/ then, their 3D models are extremely well-made, although I progressed (imo) on my 3D models (Weapons above all got less than 450 polygons !), they (TQ) are still under the 200 polygons bar for all of their weapons.. they can make everything they want (armors n everything) while we cannot (limited plugins)
And they're creating their animations (skills, effects, motions..) in 3D softwares which is something we cannot do for now (no working plugins to let us export our custom effects, nor import TQ's one to modify them)

Well, lots of blabla, TQ's often criticized but we gotta admit they got a nice designers team and we (editors) are too limited to do something better than them... i'm trying to get an as close quality as theirs tho dunno if I manage to do so or not, that's up to you =p

#UPDATED MAIN POST
Added a new sword

I've been quite busy this week so I had no time to do more stuff.
I'll try to share more things this week
as much as i hate TQ for TQing everyone, but still, whatever i try to do with the client makes me admire TQ more and more, lots of work and effort has been put into this game..
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/05/2011, 19:00   #14

I love them, Opale ftw.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/28/2011, 15:31   #15

I haven't really been active recently 'cause of a lack of spare time and motivation so let's...
...#UPDATE with a new weapon until I add more stuff, maybe some effects or **** we'll see, with -obviously- some freebies and release links

About that little update, I really like axes, it's strong, sharpy, unusual and can have soo many very different shapes.. too bad TQ does not have a good use of axes in-game.

Tricky part was to compose an effect for this weapon, as TQ didnt make much animation files for large and not necessary long weapons, that's why it's not that good looking =/
That texture is really cool ( Thanks WoW designers ! ) and I went further in details when modelling it so it has an higher than average poly count ( like 600 if I remember )

Well, that's it ! Stay tuned and thanks for your support !

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7mdxlife View Post
as much as i hate TQ for TQing everyone, but still, whatever i try to do with the client makes me admire TQ more and more, lots of work and effort has been put into this game..
Yeah exactly ! I'm pretty sure they'll do great stuff (graphic-related) with Pirates, I'm expecting some insane casuals and hopefully a whole new weapon ( Sabers ! )

#edit ! : New weapon for Pirates = Rapiers Close enough !
Thanks
3 Users
Closed Thread

Tags
.c3, conquer online, edits, opale