Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 13:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Redux v2 - Official 5065 Classic Source

Discussion on Redux v2 - Official 5065 Classic Source within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/09/2013, 23:04   #466

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujake View Post
Then i feell bad cuz 1 or 2 crashes might be because of me.
Thats not a bad thing though. Finding these bugs allows for better visibility as to what needs to be fixed or improved.
Otherwise the server would be released and crash for everyone whenever they stumble upon it.

As far as what to test specifically, I would say test everything.
The more we know, the better it will be.
And it is extremely easy to miss something, or type the wrong comparison, or use the wrong variable.
These things happen, it is why it is important to find them....
Old 12/10/2013, 01:52   #467

Is it necessary to have classes in the enum folder such as armor color etc. or is it mostly just for an easy referance?
Old 12/10/2013, 02:54   #468

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbit15 View Post
Is it necessary to have classes in the enum folder such as armor color etc. or is it mostly just for an easy referance?
It's how the source is organized... There are many things you could argue for proper organization but generally you go with what is in place for whatever it is you are working on.

In this source, all enumerated types belong in the enum folder. It's easier for people to find and is simply the organization style that I started the source with.

If I was re-structuring, I'd be getting rid of or moving the Constants.cs file because it does not fit with that convention. It's just the source I was modeling after used something similar and so it made me think more along those lines.
Old 12/10/2013, 03:17   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
It's how the source is organized... There are many things you could argue for proper organization but generally you go with what is in place for whatever it is you are working on.

In this source, all enumerated types belong in the enum folder. It's easier for people to find and is simply the organization style that I started the source with.

If I was re-structuring, I'd be getting rid of or moving the Constants.cs file because it does not fit with that convention. It's just the source I was modeling after used something similar and so it made me think more along those lines.
Oh yeah I know that much I like the way its organized but I meant like say I was coding something that needed specific enums like the reborn weapons or something, would I physically need to have the enums in the source? (I know they're in there but it was just an example haha)
Old 12/10/2013, 03:21   #470

Quote:
Oh yeah I know that much I like the way its organized but I meant like say I was coding something that needed specific enums like the reborn weapons or something, would I physically need to have the enums in the source? (I know they're in there but it was just an example haha)
The client only cares about the packets. Enums are just a fancy way of naming certain values so you can remember them easily.

If you wanted to code reborn weapons you could quite easily inform the client by sending the value X in offset Y and then handle that value server side to perform any sort of effect you would like. It's far, far easier and more readable though if you enumerate the possible values and write THAT value to the packet instead

EG:

if(item.ItemEffect == ItemEffectType.Poison)
foo();

instead of

if(item.ItemEffect == 255)
foo();
Old 12/10/2013, 03:35   #471

Quote:
The client only cares about the packets. Enums are just a fancy way of naming certain values so you can remember them easily.

If you wanted to code reborn weapons you could quite easily inform the client by sending the value X in offset Y and then handle that value server side to perform any sort of effect you would like. It's far, far easier and more readable though if you enumerate the possible values and write THAT value to the packet instead

EG:

if(item.ItemEffect == ItemEffectType.Poison)
foo();

instead of

if(item.ItemEffect == 255)
foo();
Ok cool that's what I was wondering haha thanks I was thinking about adding them. I noticed the effects for weapons in the itemtype say none. Does that need to be changed or no?

#edit nevermind I was looking the description >.>
Old 12/10/2013, 03:48   #472

There's no such thing as an itemtype that has a reborn effect.

Also keep in mind that older clients never displayed if they were reborn or not (one of the biggest issues with trying to buy one!)

So you can apply server side any effect to any item you wish.

One of my favorite things in qonquer was they let you enchant an existing weapon with a small selection of reborn effects based on your path and reborn count.

EG: Stigma bows, herc wands, shielding backswords, etc

So yah, it's all server side changes that are stored in the items table and has zero influence on the itemtype data (if there was such a thing then there'd have to be a unique->super blade duplicate for EVERY level of blades)
Old 12/10/2013, 03:56   #473

Quote:

Also keep in mind that older clients never displayed if they were reborn or not (one of the biggest issues with trying to buy one!)

One of my favorite things in qonquer was they let you enchant an existing weapon with a small selection of reborn effects based on your path and reborn count.

So yah, it's all server side changes that are stored in the items table and has zero influence on the itemtype data (if there was such a thing then there'd have to be a unique->super blade duplicate for EVERY level of blades)
Ok thanks ill see about adding reborn items. Maybe even go off the idea quonqer had
Old 12/10/2013, 03:57   #474

Quote:

Does 5065 show reborn effects? I was thinking it does since its not a super low patch like the 4000's but perhaps I am wrong.
Never tested it in 5065, I wrote the system for Albetros so it's fairly easy to do.

And I like the enchanting idea....That would be pretty nifty.
Herc wands? sounds interesting..
Old 12/10/2013, 04:04   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
Does 5065 show reborn effects? I was thinking it does since its not a super low patch like the 4000's but perhaps I am wrong.
Never tested it in 5065, I wrote the system for Albetros so it's fairly easy to do.

And I like the enchanting idea....That would be pretty nifty.
Herc wands? sounds interesting..

I'm like 99 percent sure reborn effects only showed in relatively new patches. Like 5300+ but I could be wrong on that. I stopped playing live back before potency was even released.

@ Enchanting. You could use any of your remaining enchants on your current weapon but you only got to choose one per reborn and many of them were pointless on certain weapon types. They were 'visible' because they used hardcoded Bless values above 10 to indicate which enchant type the weapon had.

EG: 10 = poison 20 = healing 30 = stigma etc.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you chose one bless type per reborn and the options were determined by reborn count.

heal/mana/poison = first reborn
stigma/herc/shield = second reborn

There could have been others but those are what I remembered. Just like real conquer, they only activate on auto attack or targeted skills.

Things like scepters/swords/etc with herc were reasonably strong but they still drained stamina every time the passive cast so it basically added an internal cooldown so you couldn't just AOE everything in sight.

As a wand warrior though it was pretty amazing. If snow failed to cast there was a strong chance that herc would activate ensuring you never lost superman.
Old 12/10/2013, 04:12   #476

Quote:
I'm like 99 percent sure reborn effects only showed in relatively new patches. Like 5300+ but I could be wrong on that. I stopped playing live back before potency was even released.

@ Enchanting. You could use any of your remaining enchants on your current weapon but you only got to choose one per reborn and many of them were pointless on certain weapon types. They were 'visible' because they used hardcoded Bless values above 10 to indicate which enchant type the weapon had.

EG: 10 = poison 20 = healing 30 = stigma etc.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you chose one bless type per reborn and the options were determined by reborn count.

heal/mana/poison = first reborn
stigma/herc/shield = second reborn

There could have been others but those are what I remembered. Just like real conquer, they only activate on auto attack or targeted skills.

Things like scepters/swords/etc with herc were reasonably strong but they still drained stamina every time the passive cast so it basically added an internal cooldown so you couldn't just AOE everything in sight.

As a wand warrior though it was pretty amazing. If snow failed to cast there was a strong chance that herc would activate ensuring you never lost superman.
Oh so there's no real point in doing reborn weapons unless I hardcode them in?
Old 12/10/2013, 04:56   #477

Quote:
Oh so there's no real point in doing reborn weapons unless I hardcode them in?
You can do reborn weapons. But yes they need to be hardcoded to an extent.
You would assign the effect field in the item database to whatever effect you are adding to the item.
This ensures the effect stays with the weapon.

IF the reborn effect is visible in the client, then you also need to send that same value in the item information packet.

The effects/bonuses such as shield, mana, hp, poison etc has to be hard coded into the combat manager to handle activation and the resulting effects.
Old 12/10/2013, 05:16   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
You can do reborn weapons. But yes they need to be hardcoded to an extent.
You would assign the effect field in the item database to whatever effect you are adding to the item.
This ensures the effect stays with the weapon.

IF the reborn effect is visible in the client, then you also need to send that same value in the item information packet.

The effects/bonuses such as shield, mana, hp, poison etc has to be hard coded into the combat manager to handle activation and the resulting effects.
Ah ok well thanks for letting me knoe nefore hand haha
Old 12/10/2013, 05:54   #479

Are there in the v2.85 already coded things for second reborn?Because i was thinking to start making the NPC and maybe start on quest too.
Old 12/10/2013, 06:14   #480

Closed Thread