Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 07:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] SocketSystem using SocketAsyncEventArgs

Discussion on [Release] SocketSystem using SocketAsyncEventArgs within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 06/11/2012, 03:45   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
A C++/CLI DLL that will wrap the WinAPI sockets in a managed class that you call in C#. The use of the GC will be minimal.
Minimal, but it will still be called, which isn't what we both were referring to. It's rather difficult/tedious to completely eradicate the GC system from any .NET based language. Microsoft isn't "about" letting the developer fully control things coded in their languages.
Old 06/11/2012, 03:48   #17

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroxelli View Post
Minimal, but it will still be called, which isn't what we both were referring to. It's rather difficult/tedious to completely eradicate the GC system from any .NET based language. Microsoft isn't "about" letting the developer fully control things coded in their languages.
It is impossible. It would require a compiler that compile native code from the C# source and not CIL code. Also, it would require a memory management prediction and/or a delete call to control the memory. But the solution I said is good in the point that all the socket I/O will be performed on native code and only the buffer would/could be passed to the managed program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tails View Post
@CptSky
But about the ping thing..... the maximum i get is 70 using local connection, with an external i'm reaching 300-400....
Meh! I don't know why, but when I used your socket, the ping was really high...
Old 06/11/2012, 03:54   #18

Received Thanks: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
It is impossible. It would require a compiler that compile native code from the C# source and not CIL code. Also, it would require a memory management prediction and/or a delete call to control the memory. But the solution I said is good in the point that all the socket I/O will be performed on native code and only the buffer would/could be passed to the managed program.

Meh! I don't know why, but when I used your socket, the ping was really high...
That's true. I suppose any improvements are good, especially in the way of bringing it to a lower level language.

Also, as far as your ping goes, did you try running any tests to see how many milliseconds it takes your system to send/receive/process with your system as compared to his? It could be minor differences, or even differences in the PSI set your system is running the server under. i.e. maybe his is sse3+ and yours ran in sse/mmx?
Old 06/11/2012, 03:55   #19

@CptSky
Don't worry about hehe.... i took what you said as an advice and i'll do some other tests and see what happens ;D
Old 06/11/2012, 08:52   #20

You can always PInvoke winsock functions and handle all GC related operations by yourself. But why would anyone do that?

Btw tested this as well, the ping difference between this and standard begin/end is really noticeable, although it seems to be constant for more players, so it does scale somewhat well (still wouldn`t give up 200 ms for that). In brackets, my ping was roughly 200.