Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 09:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to decompiler the start.dat (Login screen)

Discussion on How to decompiler the start.dat (Login screen) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb How to decompiler the start.dat (Login screen)

Alright class. Today we are going to learn how to disable what I think is the most important piece of the client. The start.dat. Ever found it annoying to have those server menus up there? Element, World, Nature, whatever's cleaver while the only server you need is yours? Well I found it annoying too. Ever find TQs lame background irritating to look at? Almost like it's not even worth my time to login. So that's why I've gone about researching the start.dat. Turns out, it's just a flash movie that is in .dat form. How they accomplish it? Idk and that's not important. So here we go, this is how to decompile it.

VIDEO TUTORIAL COMING SOON!!

Section 1: Software Needed
Alright so the needed software you need is:
A.) Flash Decompiler (Trillix, Flash Decomp. Gold, SoThink.SWF)
B.) A software that can edit raw .swf/.fla files. (Adobe Flash Professional)
C.)Probably Photoshop/GIMP, SOMETHING... other than paint. Trust me, it's just easier to download Photoshop/GIMP.
D.) WinRAR to change the file name. Simply adding .swf at the end of the file WILL NOT change anything.

Question: "How do I get these programs, oh awesome Reaver?"

Good question! You can grab Flash Decompiler Gold from heeyah ->
(Flash Decompiler has a bug... that's benefiting! The trial never really runs out! =D)

If you would like Trillix (the best decompiler I've used so far) you will need to either find a cracked version or PORTABLE version from a PIRATE.... that's probably hanging out by the BAY...

You can download the trial of Adobe Flash Pro from this place right her ->
(It will automatically download the right version for you... don't you love automated systems? =])

WinRAR is located hereeee ->

And finally you can download either the full version of GIMP here ->
Or the trial version of Photoshop ->

So download those things and tell me when you get done.
Oh wait... this is a forum... never mind!

Question: "But Reaverrrr, these are mainly trials how do I get the real thing??"

Well aren't we greedy pricks. Jk! I cannot tell you how to go about getting full versions of software but let's just say that I'm a true PIRATE that always hangs out at the BAY....
(I swear to god if you don't get it by now, I will personally find you and slap the fawk out of you.)

Section 2: Grabbing your start.dat
If you haven't already figured it out by now, this tutorial is how to change your start.dat... aka login screen. So if you have no idea what a start.dat is or where it is, go to your client folder, go through data > main > copy Start.dat > paste it on your desktop.

So for me it's: Desktop > Conquer2.0 - Aurora > data > main > I then scroll down to find Start.dat > I then right-click > I click "copy" > I go to my desktop > I then right-click the desktop > I finally click "paste"

NOTE: It's very important you back it up. What I did was after I copy/pasted to my desktop, I just pasted again and it created "Start - copy.dat"

SECONDARY NOTE: AGAIN YOU WILL NEED WINRAR IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE FILE NAME

Open up WinRAR. If you don't know how, go to your start menu, all programs, find the WinRAR folder, click WinRAR. From there, navigate to your desktop folder. FROM THERE, find your start.dat... click on it. Hit F2, then change the .dat to .swf

*Congratulations, you've now completed 1/5 of your job*

Here's a screenshot of me using WinRAR to navigate to the desktop:

Section 3: Decompiling/Basic edit
Alright so by now you should at least have a decompiler installed. If you don't, come back when you do. Open that decompiler (I have both Trillix and Flash Decomp. Gold so I will go through both versions. Starting with Trillix) and wait until it opens.

Trillix: You will need the full version to work with Trillix so remember that.

Flash Decompiler Gold:

Section 4: Decompiling the .swf file to be editable by Flash
This is where the customization really begins.

Trillix:

Flash Decompiler Gold:

Section 5: Converting your new .swf back to a .dat and then shoving it in the client
Ahh yes.. the second easiest and final part of this tutorial. Open up WinRAR, navigate to your desktop. Find the .swf file and then hit F2. Change .swf to .dat and then hit enter and then close out of WinRAR. Go to your desktop, copy the start.dat and then navigate through your client folder like this. "[Conquer server name here] > data > main" and then paste it in the main folder. You're finally done! Open up your Conquer and see how it looks!

Video Tutorial For Trillix: *Non-Existant*

Video Tutorial For Flash Decompiler Gold: *Non-Existant*

Hope this helped!
- Reaver~
Thanks
8 Users
Old 09/29/2011, 18:23   #2

Great tuto, I have question how can I hide the servers icons?
Old 09/29/2011, 19:08   #3

This is already released once..

This thread looks useless to me..
And the threads above is a better guide with pictures
And this is the wrong section
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/29/2011, 19:55   #4

@xBlackPlagu3x Nice one mate.
@JobvdH This threads better than the other 2 threads.
Old 09/29/2011, 20:11   #5

anyone know how to hide the servers icons ?
Old 09/29/2011, 20:29   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobvdH View Post
This is already released once..

This thread looks useless to me..
And the threads above is a better guide with pictures
And this is the wrong section
I care why? Also this is the correct section. This is about PServers and my guide is based on creating a login screen for your PServer. So thank the loop holes.

And to everyone asking about the server icons, I'll be making a video tutorial when I get home which will explain everything in a lot greater detail.
Old 09/30/2011, 03:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
I care why? Also this is the correct section. This is about PServers and my guide is based on creating a login screen for your PServer. So thank the loop holes.

And to everyone asking about the server icons, I'll be making a video tutorial when I get home which will explain everything in a lot greater detail.
Old 09/30/2011, 06:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deсker View Post
Again, idc. This thread hasn't been moved, nor should it be. I based this tutorial off of using a client for a PSERVER use. What's this thread about? PServer Discussions. Sub-Thread: Guides/Releases. I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm just saying that this is my opinion and if anyone has a problem with it I have perfectly reasonable thoughts to back it up. Not only are they reasonable, they're logical.
Old 09/30/2011, 11:36   #9

Well if you don't care you are a noob because this means to edit your client "based on creating a login screen" means editing the login screen.
So.. Wrong Section!
Old 09/30/2011, 19:56   #10

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobvdH View Post
Well if you don't care you are a noob because this means to edit your client "based on creating a login screen" means editing the login screen.
So.. Wrong Section!
please explain me why its called CO2 PServer Guides & Releases ?
Editting loginscreen is mainly used for private servers, i doubt that pple that play retail care that if their loginscreen is editted or not.
Reaver~ is just trying to help pple and if you don't like it than just press
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/30/2011, 21:35   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
please explain me why its called CO2 PServer Guides & Releases ?
Editting loginscreen is mainly used for private servers, i doubt that pple that play retail care that if their loginscreen is editted or not.
Reaver~ is just trying to help pple and if you don't like it than just press
Omfg I love you ^.^
Old 09/30/2011, 21:37   #12

Why don't you go rant in all the other reposts there is of sources etc. ?

Derp.

Great guide and very detailed.
Old 10/01/2011, 06:32   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
Again, idc. This thread hasn't been moved, nor should it be. I based this tutorial off of using a client for a PSERVER use. What's this thread about? PServer Discussions. Sub-Thread: Guides/Releases. I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm just saying that this is my opinion and if anyone has a problem with it I have perfectly reasonable thoughts to back it up. Not only are they reasonable, they're logical.
If that's so, then why don't everyone from the Edits section start posting here. Like you said, "using a client for a PSERVER use".
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/01/2011, 11:10   #14

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deсker View Post
If that's so, then why don't everyone from the Edits section start posting here. Like you said, "using a client for a PSERVER use".
Because that isn't a guide and this is, use your brains if you have it.
Old 10/01/2011, 22:25   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Because that isn't a guide and this is, use your brains if you have it.

Should I post more?