Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Remote Server Control

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Remote Server Control

The example I will give is just for Hybrids. I would suggest make an extern application in your server project, it's not efficient to do it in the game- or authserver.

Download:

In Program.cs set IP and Port.

Commands now:
Code:
/disconnect
/restart
/close processname
The way it work is, you enter a password.
It sends the command through bytes and then it checks if password is correct serverside. It's having "ServerCMD", so the server knows it's a remote command, but you can remove that if you make an extern application for your cmdserver.

Example for Hybrids source.

It can be done very different and I'm sure this is not an efficient way to do it, but this is how I would do it. You can use it to eg. Restart your server extern, manage database etc. You would have to code the functions etc. your self.

Old 03/28/2011, 12:45   #2

I used to do such a thing in the past using the Co2 Protocoll This one looks easy to exploit...

Old 03/28/2011, 15:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by |NeoX View Post
I used to do such a thing in the past using the Co2 Protocoll This one looks easy to exploit...
It was more an example, peoples could use encryptions etc., but the problem exploting using it would be guessing the password, since it's serverside, but you could always bruteforce it, if it's too easy, but that's how it is with everything
Old 03/28/2011, 16:14   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,308
If someone was going to do something like this I'd really recommend encryption (obviously) plus using a custom client program to handle the packets. That way you only keep the program that handles that stuff in the hands of a couple people and without it to help them guess packet structures/encryption it will be **** near impossible for them to crack your remote access.

Lets face it... writing a super basic program to send some structured packets with a basic layer of encryption is not very difficult to do and would allow so many different admin functions for the end user. Hell you could write it into a basic web server and integrate with the website + admin panel. Could do some really sexy stuff with this concept but ofc few people on epvp have the time, knowledge or desire to write such a system.

Thanks
1 User
Old 03/28/2011, 19:06   #5

Pro4Never.

Asp.net
Old 03/28/2011, 19:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Pro4Never.

Asp.net