Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Release] 5165 Item Verify; Event display

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb [Release] 5165 Item Verify; Event display

Uses
:if you need something that asks the player if he/she wants to use it
:if you need to implement an event that teleports the players to it

NOTE: if your advanced just grab the codes, you know what to do... just pay attention to the red text

ITEMS

STEP 1 : Item Definitions
For da noobehs
alrite.. so if you have say a CPS bag or watever ur doing and you need a window to pop up upon usage in 5165 source then you must edit the item definition or add in new definition with the red code

Spoon Fed
Go to the character.cs, Search for case 729910: and around this area either create your new item definition by using this example or edit a pre-existing definition by deleteing the contents (the {} stuff) and adding your own stuff to it.

Example code:
My Cp MiniBag Definition... all you need is the red stuff:

Step 2: DIALOG CREATION

For da noobehs
Ok now that you have made the item say (call for NPC ####) you must create that NPC... either by yourself or using my example... the importantance is matching the case number with the number you input on step one

Spoon Fed
Go to NPCDialog.cs and search for case 4466: which should be the talisman socketer if you haven't edited that, if not just look for the last region and create a new one under it, (to preserve the order) now you must create an NPC for the item to draw text from. use my example or edit my finished code

Any new NPC creation starts with this:
NOTE:remember that you can only hold 6 Argument links... per talk... try to add more and your npc wont even talk
My NPC... watch the ####:
after you have edited this and made the adjustments to the #### that i input... your addition to the server should be ok.. if not go back and double check everything to make sure theres no repeated case numbers

EVENTS!!
i dont know the exact way to spoon feed or give a guide about this due to the extent of a true event which such has been created by mainly elite coders... all that i can give you is the red code above which will display a messege from an npc which is

anyway hope this helps =) have fun coding

Old 03/21/2011, 17:28   #2

Awesome we can now send a npc from an item.

Old 03/22/2011, 05:27   #3

If anyone has a question about a possible code, or even a thought of a coding idea, please post on my wall or email me at so i can either resarch or make a code for u ^.^.. yes its free cuz i needs ideas too =p

Same email, Skype: ghost-mp-

Tags
5165, display, edit, event, npc

« [ConquerServer_v2_Auth] to work with latest Patch | [Rel]HellmouthCo Equipment Socket »