Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Quick question

Discussion on Quick question within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Quick question

I know &= & |= are assignment for opreators, but when do I use what.
The question was related to hybrids source.

Example:
Code:
            this.Entity.Spawn.StatusFlag &= ~StatusFlag.Fly;
            this.Entity.Spawn.StatusFlag |= StatusFlag.Dead;
Why would it not be?
this.Entity.Spawn.StatusFlag &= ~StatusFlag.Dead;
or
this.Entity.Spawn.StatusFlag |= StatusFlag.Fly;

I tried look up at msdn, but didn't really get it.

Thank you.
Old 01/16/2011, 20:46   #2

elite*gold: 20
The operators you show are binary/bitwise operators.

OR = |
NOT = ~
AND = &

Basically:

&= ~Flag (Removal of a flag from BitField)
|= Flag (Addition of a flag into BitField)

I could go on to quote various information from Wikipedia to assert my intelligence, but I'll just provide the link.

Bitwise Operations

In your example, I assume it is the death handler, which removes anything you can't do while dead, and adds the death + ghost flags.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2011, 22:31   #3

elite*gold: 0
Ahhh thank you. That's all I needed to know
Old 01/17/2011, 00:32   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
The handy thing about bit operations is you don't have to worry about 'double reversing' or whatever...

IE:

Client.Dead != Client.Dead would simply reverse a bool... but if you're working with a bit field and do

Client.Flags &= ~Flags.BlueName;

You simply set bluename to false and remove any related status effect from the 'pool' and such. It makes things nice and simple for handling effects.

Sadly I still haven't switched over simply because I already need a dictionary to control the duration of an effect but they are definitely very useful. I suppose I could always switch to using my DAQ system instead.. but w/e.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/17/2011, 01:15   #5

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
The handy thing about bit operations is you don't have to worry about 'double reversing' or whatever...

IE:

Client.Dead != Client.Dead would simply reverse a bool... but if you're working with a bit field and do

Client.Flags ~= Flags.BlueName;

You simply set bluename to false and remove any related status effect from the 'pool' and such. It makes things nice and simple for handling effects.

Sadly I still haven't switched over simply because I already need a dictionary to control the duration of an effect but they are definitely very useful. I suppose I could always switch to using my DAQ system instead.. but w/e.
You just gave me an awesome idea =]
Thanks!
Old 01/17/2011, 20:00   #6

elite*gold: 28
It's explained in Hybrid tut's in the programming section for conquer.